Ranger 1200 psi | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Ranger 1200 psi

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I would wager Will called Rotovac 50 times in his first two months for advice. He gives them no credit.

A good friend of mine started with a Rotovac starter package. He did make between 50 and 100 per hour. The phone help from Rotovac was very good. He called Rotovac at least 20 times the first two months. If he had bought a Mytee---do they have someone at the end of the phone to answer questions all the time? His came with several different Chemicals to get started. It is $30 bucks for a pump up at Home Depot. Oh and Rotovac did not supply his shoes or his underwear either he had to buy them too. So I guess you are right, it doesn't come with everything.

I bought a Mytee M5 for $2,000. I turned that into a two TMs, another portable, a 175, burnisher, RX20, Mytee TRex, RV 360i,
Essentially I turned it into about $50,000. @John LaBarbera has always stood behind all his equipment and Mytee always answered my questions. Just saying.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I absolutely love my CFX and use it on at least one or two jobs every day to give my TM a rest and save some gas. It is the dual 3 stage; I bought used on EBay for $1000, kind of beat up looking, had to replace the vac motors within a half a year. The pumpout is the same, a very reliable diaphragm type. The problem Will Reed had with his was probably because he didn't add an additional vacuum inline filter and let the carpet debris enter the machine and be caught in the CFX's internal filter. I could see right away that was a problematic design so I added a Mytee filter which has kept the machine problem-free for the last year and hundreds of jobs I have used it on.

Once again. It's Mytee that saves the day even for the piece of cr*p CFX

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
So Johnny,

How many versions of the Mytee Booster have been made? How many of them had to be recalled? How many people had houses doused with water spewing out of their first booster because Mytee sold it without understanding how it worked? How can you call the CFX a POS when Your favorite Mytee copies it with the Mytee booster and it is great?

Will was buying a Carpet cleaning system and he had a car to haul it around. He had a limited budget and very limitied space. What would you sell him now? The CFX copy(Mytee Booster) with a pump.

Will is complaining because the salesmen make a commission on what they sell and they make more on some things than others. Will do you make more "commission" when you sell a job that you do or one you sub out?

The CFX was the only option available when Will bought his machine for an extractor that would fit into a car.

The trend to Dual cord machines started about the time Will was getting started. There were a few out there before but not many. This Board had a huge impact on portable design. Rotovac came out with the Dual cord CFX shortly.

Will--- total BS about breakdowns in year 2---You are making 300-500 per day and you haven't already bought a backup? Shame on you.

So Will didn't you have a problem with some Truckmount you bought from some Albert guy? So Will how about that Box Truck you bought that was 2500 miles away and you paid for it sight unseen? Your decision making is always suspect. And your evaluation of what happened after is always dramatic and a great read.

Jonny---I agree John L has been a huge asset to this board and a lot of the members. However 5 years ago you could not get anybody on the phone at Mytee.---I know we tried with a frozen extractor. However Rotovac got us the part in two days...

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
I bought a Mytee M5 for $2,000. I turned that into a two TMs, another portable, a 175, burnisher, RX20, Mytee TRex, RV 360i,
Essentially I turned it into about $50,000. @@John LaBarbera has always stood behind all his equipment and Mytee always answered my questions. Just saying.

In your profile you have a link to How to fix a POS Mytee Regulator? You obviously had to fix this and you did. Will has to fix a problem with a year old Rotovac and he cannot figure it out so the CFX is a POS?

Jonny, you have a great work ethic and you obviously bond well with customers.---Awesome your business is doing well. Some of us get tired of the Mytee is can do no wrong and everything else is Junk. Mytee has built a lot of products and sold them only to have to recall them. We call that Consumer product testing---Yes the consumer has to do the product testing.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Im not gonna defend either brand. I will say the cfx is a simple design. Easy to operate. I love the APO. Now may be mytee makes a better product. Perhaps but when you call mytee their customer service sucks taters. Bad! I actually have a very good relationship with peter, chuck and Adam at rotovac. Call them anytime and get answers. Never a issue there. I don't like the shipping delay. That kills me. You order something and takes a week or longer to get it. My cfx never broke down during its use and my 360i is rocking along

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I never had to rebuild my pressure regulator on my Mytee. I did that thread to show how it is supposed to look. Someone bought a used Mytee machine. And his pressure regulator was not working, was missing parts and he needed to know what parts are supposed to be in it and in what order.

If you had a Mytee and had problems with it that be one thing, but it sounds to me like you never did. Will had a CFX and didn't like it. That carries more weight with me.

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
The CFX is a very simple machine. What makes it even simpler is that Rotovac has a complete video series on how to use the CFX and how to fix the CFX. Complete disassemble and assemble video. They had these videos out for Will to look at when he bought the machine. I really don't know how he can put it on Rotovac that he couldn't fix the machine for 4 or 5 weeks after he had been using the machine for a year.

I don't know of any other company that has complete repair videos out for their extractors...

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
The CFX is a very simple machine. What makes it even simpler is that Rotovac has a complete video series on how to use the CFX and how to fix the CFX. Complete disassemble and assemble video. They had these videos out for Will to look at when he bought the machine. I really don't know how he can put it on Rotovac that he couldn't fix the machine for 4 or 5 weeks after he had been using the machine for a year.

I don't know of any other company that has complete repair videos out for their extractors...
Funny a simple machine with a complete video of how to use it lofl :)

This portable seems 10 times better then the rotovas systems and the starter package does not have SCAM all over it like the rotovac starter package.

Nautilus Extreme MXE-500APF 12gal 500psi Dual 8.4" Vacuums Starter Package Bundle Hoses Wand Carpet Cleaning Machine FREE Shipping [MXE-500APF]

Download information on the Nautilus Extreme MXE-500APF 12gal 500psi Dual 8.4" Vacuums Starter Package Bundle Hoses Wand Carpet Cleaning Machine FREE Shipping [MXE-500APF]

(Machine, Hoses, Wand and Free Commercial Shipping Included <home delivery extra>)
Includes the items in the list below:

-Clean Storm Hose Set - 65 ft (50 ft 2 in + 15 ft of 1.5"ID Vacuum & 1/4 in 3000 psi Solution) with Connections and QD's

Westpak 12in 1200psi Double Bend Double Jet 10-1455 Wand

Shazaam: Hose Bag Black Extra Large 30in X 40in

Hydro-Force AC10 Truckmount Hose Mount Carpet Cleaning Lint Filter HydroFilter

-Training DVD Package of 3: Covers the basics a Cleaner needs to know

Free Phone Swipe, Pay as you go Credit Card Processing for Carpet Cleaner Start ups

http://www.steambrite.com/nautilus-...t-cleaning-machine-free-shipping-p-88298.html

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States

This company has a good machine, and works 4 times better then the CFX.
Has a high weight and the exhaust blows out the bottom, no locking wheels and Low to OK water flow on the 500 psi solution pump @ 1 gallon per minute.
Lots of good built in this this, besides what's listed above.

It can be used in parallel or series. Advanced vac motors and a quality build.
Options, Chem feed, auto fill and dump.
http://interlinksupply.com/spec_sheets/nautilus_series_parallel.pdf

Comes with a lot of data and self help info:
http://interlinksupply.com/spec_sheets/nautilus_extreme.pdf
http://interlinksupply.com/prod_manuals/Nautilus Manuals/Extreme/LMANN21 MXE-500 Manual.pdf

Reputable company that gets bigger every month.
http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=MXE-500

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Century 400 1.007-068.0 Century 400 Ninja Warrior 13gal 500psi HEATED Dual 2 Stage Vac Carpet Cleaning Machine Starter Package 1.007-068.0 MC15 Windsor Dominator 13 FREE Shipping $3,031.67
Clean Storm Carpet Cleaning Start Up Clean Storm Carpet Cleaning Machine Starter Package Rotovac 360i 65 ft hoses 6.6 Vacuums Auto Fill Auto Dump $4,999.00
Cross American Jaguar 8.4 Cross American Jaguar 8.4 Auto fill Auto dump 800 psi Carpet Cleaning Starter Package $3,398.00
Cross American Jaguar 6.6 Cross American: Jaguar 6.6 auto fill auto dump 800 psi Carpet Cleaning Starter Package $3,197.00
Hydrotek 20140213 Hydrotek HV13002E1H Pressure Washer Steamer Plus Mytee 7300 Carpet Cleaning Starter Package 115 volt 1300psi FREE Shipping $5,698.42
Mytee Products Inc 1003DX Package Mytee 1003DX Speedster Carpet Cleaning Extractor 12gal 500psi HEATED Dual 3 Stage Vacs Complete Starter Package $2,368.48
Mytee Products Inc 1005DX-230v C Mytee 1005DX-230v Carpet Cleaning Extractor 12gal 500psi Dual 3 Stage Vacs Complete Starter Package (230V for international use) $2,322.08
Clean Storm 8070 StartUp Mytee 8070 Lite III Portable Detailer Starter Package W/ Carpet Cleaning Wand and Chemicals FREE Shipping $999.99
Mytee Products Inc LTD3 Starter Mytee LTD3 Speedster Carpet Cleaning Machine Starter Package (Free shipping if purchase with Mytee Extractor) $1,299.99
Mytee Products Inc SBMRL105 Mytee RL105 Breeze Rotovac 360i Carpet cleaning Machine Starter Package Auto Fill /Dump (Free Shipping) $4,999.00
Nautilus Extractors MX3-200 Nautilus Extreme 12gal 200psi Dual 8.4" Vacuums Starter Package Bundle Hoses Wand Carpet Cleaning Machine FREE Shipping MXE-200 $3,299.00
Nautilus Extractors MX3-500 Nautilus Extreme 12gal 500psi Dual 8.4" Vacuums Starter Package Bundle Hoses Wand Carpet Cleaning Machine FREE Shipping MXE-500 $3,799.00
Nautilus Extractors MXE-500APF Nautilus Extreme MXE-500APF 12gal 500psi Dual 8.4" Vacuums Starter Package Bundle Hoses Wand Carpet Cleaning Machine FREE Shipping $4,199.00
Nautilus Extractors MX3-200H Nautilus MX3-200H 12gal 200psi HEATED Dual 3 Stage Vacuums Starter Package Bundle Carpet Cleaning Machine FREE Shipping $3,101.00
Nautilus Extractors MX3-500 Nautilus MX3-500 12gal 500psi Dual 3 Stage Vacuums Starter Package Bundle Carpet Cleaning Machine FREE Shipping $3,199.99
Rotovac Rotovac Bundle Rotovac CFX 360i High Flow Extraction Power Wand Starter Package FREE Shipping Carpet Cleaning System
Sandia Plastic 80-3100 Sandia Sniper 12gal 100psi Dual 3 Stage Vacs Carpet Cleaning Machine Starter Package With Hose Set, Wand, DVDs, Chemical, Rake 80-3100 120 Volts $1,290.00
Sandia Plastic 80-2100-H Sandia Sniper 12gal 100psi HEATED Dual 2 Stage Vacs Carpet Cleaning Extractor Package With Hose Set & Wand DVD 4 Pack, Grandi Groomer & Chemical Starter $1,471.00
Sandia Plastic 80-3500-H Sandia Sniper 12gal 500psi Dual 3 Stage Vacs Carpet Cleaning Starter Package With Hose Set, Wand, DVDs, Free Shipping 80-3500-H 120 Volts $2,438.00
Shazaam 20120115 Shazaam Chemical Concentrate Starter Package for Cleaning Carpet Upholstery and Tile (Water Reduced Ultra Pak) $814.97
Shazaam ChemStart Shazaam: Carpet Cleaning Auto Detailing Start Up Chemical Package Starter Pak $89.99
Shazaam Business Package Shazaam: Carpet Cleaning Business Starter Package $995.00
WestPak USA 10-0556-Kit Westpak 14in Carpet Cleaning Wand Starter Package 1.5in Pipe 4 Jet 2 Bend Low Profile W/ Splash Guard $526.58

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States

This portable seems 10 times better then the rotovas systems and the starter package does not have SCAM all over it like the Rotovac starter package.

Nautilus Extreme MXE-500APF 12gal 500psi Dual 8.4" Vacuums Starter Package Bundle Hoses Wand Carpet Cleaning Machine FREE Shipping [MXE-500APF]

CCWorks---Have you ever called the Nautilus customer service? Oh wait they don't have a customer service number that I could find with Google.

Why is it funny that a completely new concept (that mytee later copied) comes with video instruction that anyone (except CCWorks and Will) could figure out?

Pretty funny how one of the starter packages you linked to has a Rotovac in it....

So you have not responded to anything I said----What starter package out there besides the CFX can you put in a Car?

How many versions of the Mytee Booster were Recalled?

Will Reed

Jun 3, 2010
Missoula, Montana, United States
Real Name
Will Reed
Business Location
United States
So Johnny,

How many versions of the Mytee Booster have been made? How many of them had to be recalled? How many people had houses doused with water spewing out of their first booster because Mytee sold it without understanding how it worked? How can you call the CFX a POS when Your favorite Mytee copies it with the Mytee booster and it is great?

Will was buying a Carpet cleaning system and he had a car to haul it around. He had a limited budget and very limitied space. What would you sell him now? The CFX copy(Mytee Booster) with a pump.

Will is complaining because the salesmen make a commission on what they sell and they make more on some things than others. Will do you make more "commission" when you sell a job that you do or one you sub out?

The CFX was the only option available when Will bought his machine for an extractor that would fit into a car.

The trend to Dual cord machines started about the time Will was getting started. There were a few out there before but not many. This Board had a huge impact on portable design. Rotovac came out with the Dual cord CFX shortly.

Will--- total BS about breakdowns in year 2---You are making 300-500 per day and you haven't already bought a backup? Shame on you.

So Will didn't you have a problem with some Truckmount you bought from some Albert guy? So Will how about that Box Truck you bought that was 2500 miles away and you paid for it sight unseen? Your decision making is always suspect. And your evaluation of what happened after is always dramatic and a great read.

Jonny---I agree John L has been a huge asset to this board and a lot of the members. However 5 years ago you could not get anybody on the phone at Mytee.---I know we tried with a frozen extractor. However Rotovac got us the part in two days...
"Will is complaining because the salesmen make a commission on what they sell and they make more on some things than others. Will do you make more "commission" when you sell a job that you do or one you sub out? "

Rotovac sales people make more money when they sell a CFX compared to another portable so every rotovac sales person tries to push the CFX on anybody that asks them. IMO it is by far not the best portable for your money but if you listen to them and don't know your products they will have you think that. They aren't looking for your best interests in mind, they are looking for their best commission check. Your analogy makes no sense to me. Rick, did Rotovac sell or did they not initially sell your friend Joe Burnich a CFX when he first started? I know they did, and Joe returned it. Did you ever ask him why he returned it? Maybe you should.

"Will--- total BS about breakdowns in year 2---You are making 300-500 per day and you haven't already bought a backup? Shame on you. "

That was a rough winter being the first one I went through without having a job. I had just started making money again with spring cleaning and put the money down on a TM instead of buying a 2nd portable; then the CFX broke. This time I knew better to see how fast I could get it fixed and ordered another portable and had it 3 days later. I did the prudent thing and left the CFX forever behind. Have you ever run a carpet cleaning business using a CFX?

"So Will didn't you have a problem with some Truckmount you bought from some Albert guy? So Will how about that Box Truck you bought that was 2500 miles away and you paid for it sight unseen? Your decision making is always suspect. And your evaluation of what happened after is always dramatic and a great read."

Yep I did but unlike other people on this board I openly talk about my mistakes. Yet despite my incompetence and stupidity I still make more in 2 months during the peak season then most Montanans make in a year.

So tell me Rick, what have you done? What kind of a business are you running now? You have a lot of opinions and are quick to judge other people but what about you? Never hear you talk about anything besides commenting on what other people are doing.

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
Hello Will,

Sold the business I ran for 30+ years to my son. Now I sell bike parts online---This year sales will be around 700k. I also have several rentals that I own. Zbikenut on Amazon and on Ebay---If you type in Mountain bike pedals into a best match search in Ebay you will see my left hand and the pedals I sell come up as number one. 6000+ pedals will come up for this search but I come up number one.

I work part time and have for the last few years.

I helped Joe B set up his business as his father is a good friend of mine.

30+ years ago I helped another friend open a carpet cleaning business in Missoula too. It was a totally different world back then.

I have talked to you a couple of times.

I hope your new adventure in flood/restoration business goes well.

Will Reed

Jun 3, 2010
Real Name
Will Reed
Business Location
United States
Hello Will,

Sold the business I ran for 30+ years to my son. Now I sell bike parts online---This year sales will be around 700k. I also have several rentals that I own. Zbikenut on Amazon and on Ebay---If you type in Mountain bike pedals into a best match search in Ebay you will see my left hand and the pedals I sell come up as number one. 6000+ pedals will come up for this search but I come up number one.

I work part time and have for the last few years.

I helped Joe B set up his business as his father is a good friend of mine.

30+ years ago I helped another friend open a carpet cleaning business in Missoula too. It was a totally different world back then.

I have talked to you a couple of times.

I hope your new adventure in flood/restoration business goes well.
Have you ever used a CFX to run a carpet cleaning business for more then 3 months?

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States

This portable seems 10 times better then the rotovas systems and the starter package does not have SCAM all over it like the Rotovac starter package.

CCWorks---Have you ever called the Nautilus customer service? Oh wait they don't have a customer service number that I could find with Google.

Why is it funny that a completely new concept (that mytee later copied) comes with video instruction that anyone (except CCWorks and Will) could figure out?

Pretty funny how one of the starter packages you linked to has a Rotovac in it....

So you have not responded to anything I said----What starter package out there besides the CFX can you put in a Car?

How many versions of the Mytee Booster were Recalled?
Not too sure if Mytee Copied Rotovac.
@Deron06 said he thought up the duel vac booster with pump out. I do not know.
I know I mentioned a Duel vac booster a year before Mytee released their duel vac booster.

So... I do not know where you get to claim Mytee copied Rotovac.
John does look at this board, so it could be your way, or a few other ways. Anyhow. to make it one way just aint right.

Will Reed

Jun 3, 2010
Real Name
Will Reed
Business Location
United States
So you know nothing of the quality or the issues that CFX users have come across since you have never used the machine yourself yet you are debating with CFX owners about the machine itself saying that they should have back ups in place and that its the users fault for not having a back up. Joe B returned his CFX after using it just one week, maybe you should go lecture him. I wish I had done the same. Instead I used the thing for almost 2 years saving money to buy a TM and a van. Then when it breaks I get an arm chair commander telling me what mistakes I made and that the problem is me and not the machine even though you have never used the machine yourself. Other people haven't had problems with their CFX and like it, I didn't have that experience. That is my experience and my experience alone and no one elses and it has shaped my opinion which is mine alone and no one elses.

Your opinions and advice is about as welcome as my opinions and advice on how to run a bike parts store would be to you.

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
Will, you are confused, Joe got a Mytee extractor (2-2 stage) to begin with the Rotovac 360 initial business package. I don't think it was the 360i. But no matter. In fact the guy that bought Joe's business is still using that Mytee 2-2 stage I am pretty sure.

All commissioned sales people will try to get the customer to purchase the most expensive package. They had the extra incentive in your case as I am sure you told them you were using a small station wagon. The CFX did not work for you---There are several people that it has worked well for. As a couple of those people have jumped in and stated they loved the machine.

I have never worked for Rotovac and I don't plan on it but I also have no idea how they pay their commissioned sales force.

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
Not too sure if Mytee Copied Rotovac.
@@Deron06 said he thought up the duel vac booster with pump out. I do not know.
I know I mentioned a Duel vac booster a year before Mytee released their duel vac booster.

Let me see Rotovac advertized the CFX as a Booster before Mytee came out with their first booster. There was a dual stage CFX before Mytee came up with their first booster.