Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
Yes--Bash Rotovac.

They are still very strong in both ends of the market.
Newbies buy a lot of their stuff and their rotary extractor has been through about 5 redesigns in the last 10 years. They keep improving it. Their latest version the Rotovac XL has become very popular and the previous model the 360i was the industry standard.

They get more newbies into the business than anybody. I would guess they get more newbies in than all the rest of the distributors put together. Does their system work for everybody? No way. 95% of people do not have enough of the skills/knowledge to start and run a business

It has worked for a lot of people. Even Will would probably not have made it without their marketing, and equipment.

The basis of their system is the Rotary extractor. They invented it and patented it (as I understand). The patent has run out so now there are a lot of RE s avaialble.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Stop shouting , Rick ! :android: I'm old but I do have bifocals's .
Roto vac was my first choice but after doing research discovered their starter package (100 psi extractor / RE) was inadequate. Suitcase package never appealed to me with all the wires and hoses. Brian at RV was very helpful and I would have no qualms dealing with RV if I ever was to purchase a RE.
$100 used 175 has suited my needs for 5 plus years.
Side note : I used 2 50ft cords zipped tied together for a short spell. Found out shortly afterwards this is fine in a few cases but quickly ripped off the ties when separate circuits were 20 ft apart of more. I.E, 15 amp at the door - 20 amp in the kitchen , bath or ?.
Another reason why I use a generator .

Reactions: Troyster

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
I hate the fine print---it gets lost in all the ads flashing across the page...
If I expand it to read easily everything on the forum goes wacko...

Jim, you are always the voice of reason.

You did say you usually use one 15 amp cord from the house still?

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I hate the fine print---it gets lost in all the ads flashing across the page...
If I expand it to read easily everything on the forum goes wacko...

Jim, you are always the voice of reason.

You did say you usually use one 15 amp cord from the house still?
Yes one 15 amp circuit and 2 circuits for genset.
There was a time I did use only the clients power and still do occasionally ( 3 15amp circuits) .

Reactions: Troyster

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I have read the first couple of pages of this thread and realized that most of you out there don't have enough experience or even did not tried it out to comment about this machine. I am using the cfx/ranger for the last 4 years and I can tell you the bad and the good about it. I have the 200 psi dual 3 stage with the 5 gal recovery tank and later on I have upgraded to the 15gal recovery tank.

The bad things about it. The vac motors won't last me more than 2 years because the cfx is designed poorly, when the bad water comes inside the recovery tank the tube inside the recovery tank is too close to the vac motors and the vac motors will get wet or foam if an injection foam control is not used, so having said this you can not I repeat you can not bring this machine inside someone's home because the exhaust will start spitting water towards the walls, I had this so many times. So now instead I am leaving it in my van and bring a 2inch hose inside the house and use it that way. Another negative thing that I seen is the filter bag inside the recovery tank gets filled quickly specially if the customer won't pay you to vacuum the carpet first so now the next job you need to clean that filter bag or the performance will drop and again the exhaust pipe will start spitting water, to clean the filter bag is a messy job.

The good things, it is lighter than any portable machines out there where the recovery tank and the other part can split in to 2 pieces and and it is easy to lift and take it out from your van. dual 3 stage powerful high velocity vac motors are powerful enough to run 150 feet of hose. I have done jobs with 125 feet and had great drying times, according to the salesperson from rotovac it has 200 cfm and 125 lift. I have tested it with 141 feet hose and it as more powerful than a dual 3 stage air series using a 25 feet of hose believe it or not.

To solve the problem where I have to replace vac motors every 2 years what I have done is I bought the mighty airhog 7300 booster and attached it to the front of the cfx where the 7300 will automatically dump the recovery water before it reaches to the cfx so the vacs would stay dry al the time and most important it will add more power....

Any other questions let me know glad to answer them

RotoRoy

Nov 28, 2019
Real Name
Roy Knaak Jr
I thought he known that you need to turn down the PSI on carpet.

"Said Rotovac". I thought everyone knows that buys the starter package knows you need this for that and that for that and you can not do that with that and this with that.
And thats that!