Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
I bought a Recoil XPS a couple months ago. So far it has been a great, reliable machine. The power of the vacuum is great. Two 3 stage vacuum motors and one two stage motor dwarfs mostly all portables available. The Recoil allows the operator to clean at distances of 50' or more. Another plus to the Recoil is the 500psi pump. The Recoil comes with a 15 gal. recovery tank and a 16 gal solution tank. Taking the Recoil on and off the truck is a breeze and mobility is effortless. Made in the USA, the Recoil XPS is an excellent portable for carpet cleaning!
Upgrades available for the Recoil:
  • External QD Pressure Gauge
  • Waste pump-out
  • Auto Feed
  • Power Vacuum Booster

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
Good to hear you are liking the Recoil XPS Ara! I love mine and cannot seem to get rid of it even though it (the Recoil) has been a stepping stone for my TM.

I like it so much, I want to buy another van and setup the Recoil in it. I just need to get busy enough to do that LOL. I will be calling Ed in the near future to get an auto fill/dump and eliminate my big tanks all together.

Kenny Wright

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
Real Name
Kenny Wright
Business Location
United States
Glad you are happy with your purchase Ara. I haven't used many different portables but the Recoil 3XPS is by far the best I've ever used. I love the auto feed and pump-out on large jobs.

Gemcleans

Apr 18, 2009
Elkhart, In.
Real Name
Alan Thornton
Business Location
United States
I bought my Recoil a couple months ago too. I bought the 40 gallon tanks, but maybe looking into the auto fill - pump out. I also bought the Little Giant heater too. Man what a difference heat makes. I have not taken it out of my van yet. The most I have needed is 100 ft of hose. Loving It!!

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
Hopefully i will be the next getting that machine, and see it by myself
Hey Locko, if you were any closer to California I would let you borrow mine for a week. But you are across the country from me.

Take a few days and go down and to Ed about his unit. I would love to hear you opinions/comment on the Recoil XPS!!

BTW: I'm at 1000 posts!!! yeah!

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
www.rickiefontenotsjanitorialservices.com
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
Locko I hope you well in business and I to hope you will buy a Recoil and see for yourself how great and reliable a porty can be. I know you are a bit of an experimentor; so please when you buy one get the external booster. I know you will love it. A hard working man like yourself will definently be able to foresee all the ways you can configure a powerful machine.

I have been pondering my latest scheme for a configuration; I may have the money to make it happen this summer; but I will wait and see.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Cross- American Service

Ara,
Love my Recoil.But more important is the customer service you receive.
Had an problem with an quick-disconnect which Ed exchanged for no cost in 1 day (hours).Anytime you have an question Ed is there with open arms!
Understand you also had a chance to meet Ed and tour his facility. Been there also ,what a great experience!! Made me feel good to support out country and buy an AMERICAN made product. Poor souls that bought those machines with the Chinese motors!!
Google "All things Recoil" for more info. I find this and TMF most useful.
Jim Morrow

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
Jim, I agree. Ed is extremely thorough about explaining certain things. I must have been on the phone with him after I received it for a good hour and a half. On a scale from 1-10 I give him a 10 on customer service. Which is a rarity these days.

Kenny Wright

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
Real Name
Kenny Wright
Business Location
United States
I agree. Ed's customer service is top-notch, just like his product. I ordered a psi gauge with my Recoil. It was listed on the invoice but didn't arrive and Ed shipped another immediately, no questions asked. I have called and emailed Ed several times needing help or advice and found him to be a wealth of information and patience.

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Thanks to ALL of you for your very kind words of satisfaction.

The Customer, and, the Performance of our product (ex: RECOIL-XPS) have always been a priority of ours since 1977 and will continue to be in years ahead. We have labeled it our "Excellance Program" and adhere to it way before the product goes out the front door.

Yep, we certainly are not the standard "Mee-Too" generic company in this Industry nor will we ever become one!
A Sincere Thanks again.

And, a very Merry Christmas to all;
Ed Valentine

ErikG

Dec 18, 2008
Riverview Florida
Real Name
Erik Guhl
I did not even buy my machine from ED , but when or if I had a question Ed is there for advice or help. I also give a 10 in custy service.

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
www.rickiefontenotsjanitorialservices.com
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
Rickie, i want to test it with no booster, i hope to get better performance than my eclipse.
Understandable. When you hook up that booster at 100 feet 150 feet 200 feet 250 feet you will know. As I did; I knew the Recoil was the most powerful Porty I had ever used; When I hooked up the External Booster that just IMHO put the Recoil in a hole new class of machine.

peace

ErikG

Dec 18, 2008
Riverview Florida
Real Name
Erik Guhl
I agree with ricky , When the booster is hooked up it is the shiz. Also When your wand is upside down, going into a room sounds like 3 blower with all that suction or when or lift my rpto vac up . That howl of suction is awsome. Now I used several portys Samurai , Powerflite, Nothin can touch the RECOIL. I usally dont have 200 ft runs bu ti run 100 ft from van and a 25 - 35 short piece from booster ,WOW super suction. Now yes a TM cleans a little better maybe a lil hotter if using propane or kero . Bottom line a great porty under or around 4 k new or a great tm is 17-90 k. What about those closed door accounts we sometimes get, U TM guys will need a porty too . Im getting propane very soon so Ican have 230 at the wand with awsome suction.

Gemcleans

Apr 18, 2009
Elkhart, In.
Real Name
Alan Thornton
Business Location
United States
I run 100 foot off the back of my truck no problem. When I get closer to the door I go down to 50.

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Ara;

How do you like that "SMART-DESIGN" pump out system? Does it keep up with the demands and how does it exceed your expectations?

Many thanks;
Ed Valentine

ExtractionGee

Feb 12, 2010
NM
www.thealbuquerquecarpetcleaners.com
Real Name
marcos rivera
Business Location
United States
locko fabara,

How do you rate your eclipse overall? does it really have 249 of water lift? Do you throw breakers with 3 motors AND a heater?
I was looking into it, i heard some negative stuff about it.

What is your rating?
Thanks