Reel Innovations Real Review

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
As some of you may know I purchased a powered hose reel from Reel Innovations 2 or 3 years ago. The experience was not good. If I remember correctly I paid in full and waited many months to get my reel. The worse part was being lied to by them.
When I finally did receive it the parts were missing or wrong. Now in their defense they did give me the correct parts as well as $100 for my troubles. So I put it all together and there it satin my garage for the last few years.
Recently I installed it in my back up van. All I can say is Wow! The belt that turns the vacuum reel doesn't line up with the motor. About 1' off. So when you run it the belt just falls off the reel. Not only that the belt rubs on a motor mount bolt so the life expectancy of this belt isn't going to be very long.
So besides ranting about this I"m looking for some advice on how to fix this. I could redrill 4 holes and move the motor and motor mount over to the right and line it all up but there are 4 other bolts that are in the way and prevent me from doing that. 3 that hold the reel together and the fourth that bottles the reel into the floor of my van.
I'm thinking I'm screwed. I'm hopeful someone else has a fix for this as I can't believe I'm the only one that got a reel like this. Any advice or help is much appreciated.
Below is the picture of there. Notice the black belt is off to the left of the groove in the reel.
IMG_2029.JPG

Nov 10, 2017
Real Name
Sean Willis
As some of you may know I purchased a powered hose reel from Reel Innovations 2 or 3 years ago. The experience was not good. If I remember correctly I paid in full and waited many months to get my reel. The worse part was being lied to by them.
When I finally did receive it the parts were missing or wrong. Now in their defense they did give me the correct parts as well as $100 for my troubles. So I put it all together and there it satin my garage for the last few years.
Recently I installed it in my back up van. All I can say is Wow! The belt that turns the vacuum reel doesn't line up with the motor. About 1' off. So when you run it the belt just falls off the reel. Not only that the belt rubs on a motor mount bolt so the life expectancy of this belt isn't going to be very long.
So besides ranting about this I"m looking for some advice on how to fix this. I could redrill 4 holes and move the motor and motor mount over to the right and line it all up but there are 4 other bolts that are in the way and prevent me from doing that. 3 that hold the reel together and the fourth that bottles the reel into the floor of my van.
I'm thinking I'm screwed. I'm hopeful someone else has a fix for this as I can't believe I'm the only one that got a reel like this. Any advice or help is much appreciated.
Below is the picture of there. Notice the black belt is off to the left of the groove in the reel.
View attachment 73846

Ok...
If you hate it...I will buy it...

Super easy to fix....

Losen the pulley with an Allen wrenches and center the pulley for the reel.

Oct 2, 2017
Real Name
Bob Shmidt
I know how you feel Johnny. I came to these forums to find information

and I thought I was doing good by buying a used judson and when I call them

they say they not know what I talking about so I decided not to do carpet cleaning

now at all. The People on these forums lie and say stuff is good and laugh

when we have get ripped off.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
um, you cant really go wrong with a used judson... unless the motor and blower are toast.

what problem did you have?

Judsons are pretty bulletproof and super easy to work on, sure you could buy one and not know how to make sure the blower is good or the motor is bad... but thats any TM

Superb

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Tracy Osborne
Business Location
United States
View attachment 73846
What I would suggest is to go ahead and replace that pulley with a steel one. That one is a cheap white soft metal that will eventually just break. I bought the same set up and had to replace the pulley shortly after getting it. Since then it's been great. That's a simple repair that will save you a hassle later.

I have used manual reels until about 2 years ago when I bought my first electric reel from Reel Inovations and I can tell you I will never go back. Saves my shoulder.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
This is easy. Anything Rob like’s Johnny hates.

All 12 of mine have been flawless.

Last edited:

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I know how you feel Johnny. I came to these forums to find information

and I thought I was doing good by buying a used judson and when I call them

they say they not know what I talking about so I decided not to do carpet cleaning

now at all. The People on these forums lie and say stuff is good and laugh

when we have get ripped off.

@Bobby111 , Do you still have the Judson? What's the matter with it? I know Les who makes the Judson and I can put you two together. He's very good guy and very knowledgable and just as helpful. I almost bought a Judson a couple months back but the deal went bad. Heck if you're interested in selling you Judson I might be interested too.

Nov 10, 2017
Real Name
Sean Willis
I got my start in self employment cleaning carpets 30 years ago...
I've had portables and truckmounts....

I would not clean a person's carpet without a electric hose reel...or do water damage extraction...water weight is eight pounds per gallon and in 100 ft of hose after cleaning it's easy to say that's an extra 100 lbs of hose that will wreck you ... constantly struggling with hoses that is the profit....your time

I've set up my trucks specific to that in mind...

Just a reminder to wear full face protective gear in water damage situations... keep on Rollin and reeling it in...

www.fresnocraftsman.com

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
After years of cleaning i was looking at an elec hose real.....
After i saw a video of rewinding the hose down instead of pulling it up....
Makes a huge difference ....much easier to rewind......

Info for those who are still pulling up to rewind their vac hose

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

I would not clean a person's carpet without a electric hose reel...or do water damage extraction...water weight is eight pounds per gallon and in 100 ft of hose after cleaning it's easy to say that's an extra 100 lbs of hose that will wreck you ... constantly struggling with hoses that is the profit....your time

Just a reminder to wear full face protective gear in water damage situations... keep on Rollin and reeling it in...

www.fresnocraftsman.com
Agreed. Welcome to TMF Sean.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

www.fresnocraftsman.com
Good lord I hope you are not rolling up hoses full of water. Let the machine run for 3 minutes after you are done and your hoses will be dry.

Nov 10, 2017
Real Name
Sean Willis
Good lord I hope you are not rolling up hoses full of water. Let the machine run for 3 minutes after you are done and your hoses will be dry.
Lol...I wouldn't have my Mr Universe body if I let the machine run..plus that's a waste of gas. Lol... actually I do ...so that my hose reel isn't using the battery but the generator to real in the hose.. employee may not remember.....
So yes electric hose reel is the ONLY way..trust me grasshopper...you will never regret having one...

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Lol...I wouldn't have my Mr Universe body if I let the machine run..plus that's a waste of gas. Lol... actually I do ...so that my hose reel isn't using the battery but the generator to real in the hose.. employee may not remember.....
So yes electric hose reel is the ONLY way..trust me grasshopper...you will never regret having one...
I’ve heard Mr Universe described in many ways but Irish Potato escapes me.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
View attachment 73846
Mine was pretty jacked up when i got it as well. My brother in law can weld, so he rewelded the bracket to get the belt to work right, but mine wasnt an alignment issue, it was the wrong belt. Too long we found out after the fact. Also had welds break, a severely egged hoop. I think Rob got the special one for his consumption, cause i was not impressed. After much tweaking, and they replaced one hoop, its working pretty well.