Referral program

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 28, 2018
Real Name
Bruce wayne
I’m looking for a system to put in place where we ask for referrals?

What has worked for you and your business?

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I’m looking for a system to put in place where we ask for referrals?

What has worked for you and your business?

That's easy. Just Ask For Them after the job.
If you....
* Show up when you say you will show up...
* Do what you say you will do...
* Charge what you say you will charge,
then they will cheerfully give you all the referrals that they possible can.
There is no secret, or magic to this.

IF YOU DON'T TRY - YOU WILL NEVER KNOW.

IF YOU DON'T ASK - YOU WILL NOT GET.

Aug 28, 2018
Real Name
Bruce wayne
That's easy. Just Ask For Them after the job.
If you....
* Show up when you say you will show up...
* Do what you say you will do...
* Charge what you say you will charge,
then they will cheerfully give you all the referrals that they possible can.
There is no secret, or magic to this.

IF YOU DON'T TRY - YOU WILL NEVER KNOW.

IF YOU DON'T ASK - YOU WILL NOT GET.
Thanks

I do and I do get them but as I have multiple crews out working I need to set systems in place where my guys do it also

It needs to be something I can measure and hold them accountable also...

A program or system would be very valuable

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Thanks

I do and I do get them but as I have multiple crews out working I need to set systems in place where my guys do it also

It needs to be something I can measure and hold them accountable also...

A program or system would be very valuable

Oh. Okay. In that case I have an easy solution.

Get yourself some "Referral Cards" (the size of post cards) made up. On the top left is where you put the current customers name. The date on the top right.

Then have the numbers
1)-
2)-
3)-
just like it's shown here.

Your tech asks the customer if they wouldn't mind giving them some referrals. (offer them a free gift for them) Most of the time the customer says, "Sure"!
Great. Now write down the names and numbers of the referrals. When done have the customer sign it on the bottom. Same thing if she has no referrals to give. Have them sign it. This is how you will verify that your techs are asking for them and now you know for a fact that your tech asked for them because the customer signed the referral card. Check the signature with the work invoice that your customer should be signing and VOLIA!

See how easy? (y)

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I've gone over this a few hundred times in my head and a couple times on paper, haven't came up with anything I like yet so I'd like to hear what others are doing as well.
I have a 3x5 referral card , 5 places for name phone email address
Every week who ever brings in the most referrals I give a free container of chem of their choice...
we average about 40-50 referrals a week and im way up there on booking percentage...
So during the job when they are raving about my cleaning job, and the smell of the chems , I say well since you love the smell of the chems and the clean carpets, hopefully I can talk you into referring me to a few of your friends.... Name email phone is all I need, we have a running contest to see who can bring in the most referrals each week. Here is the card maam !

that's it leave it with them and if they fill it out great , if they don't great !

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I give each person in the referral process (the customer who gave me the referral and the new customer) a free room to show my appreciation. I also will ask a repeat customers when booking a job if they have a neighbor who needs anything cleaned and give them both the same deal. Realtors who farm me out a lot get free rooms too.

I have one long time customer that only calls me when she's rounded up 3-6 neighbors, she rarely pays for her onsite Oriental rugs to be done (no broadloom in her house). Asking and rewarding with something tangible has worked for me, giving away "future" discounts for referrals doesn't work well IMO.

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
Old Vet said it all..." just ask "...It's like first grade...Cross the tee's and dot the eye...lol
Forget the cards...In my carpet cleaning life...word of mouth has been the key...DO NOT GIVE AWAY....Your time and money, when just asking will do the trick.

I would call the client, days later and ask how everything was...She said great...You were so good...Here it is...lol....YOU ASK ...( usually a her )...Could you please tell your friends and family about me...We have a tendecy in the service industry to sell our self for less.
If I could express one thing on todays cleaners, It would be...Do not sell your self short.