ctech

Premium VIP
Jan 26, 2009
Tennessee
Real Name
Randy Wills
Business Location
United States
I own and have owned many floor machine brands such as viper, SSS, hawk, powrflight and a few others, and hawk has always been my favorite due to durability & longevity, that is until i bought the mytee powerglide.

The Mytee 17" powerglide floor machine remindes me of a hawk machine just because of the way it looks and by the design, but what impressed me the most is the newly designed handle adjustment and locking device. You control the height by pulling a handle located at the turn on switch handle. The handle uses interlocking teeth at base.
http://www.mytee.com/products/hd-17-powerglide-carpet/#.T8lFOZlYsSE

AQD_Patrick

Jun 24, 2010
Michigan
arizonaquickdry.com
Real Name
Patrick D
Business Location
United States
I have an Advance floor machine that is like 20 years old and it has the same release lever system.
It is incredibly useful and easier than messing around with a knob you have to bend over for.
I will warn you though... that track with the teeth on it will wear out or become misaligned over time. That is the only thing I have had to fix on that machine.

Presidential Cleaning

Nov 13, 2008
The White House
www.presidentialcleaningtn.com
Real Name
Zac
Business Location
United States
I own and have owned many floor machine brands such as viper, SSS, hawk, powrflight and a few others, and hawk has always been my favorite due to durability & longevity, that is until i bought the mytee powerglide.

The Mytee 17" powerglide floor machine remindes me of a hawk machine just because of the way it looks and by the design, but what impressed me the most is the newly designed handle adjustment and locking device. You control the height by pulling a handle located at the turn on switch handle. The handle uses interlocking teeth at base.
http://www.mytee.com/products/hd-17-powerglide-carpet/#.T8lFOZlYsSE

I own a powr-flite and have a hate/hate relationship with it...that's why it sits in the corner of the garage all lonely. I also own 2 20" Mytee's and they are my star players. I can't suggest these enough to someone looking for a 175. I also can't suggest to stay away from powr-flite enough either.

Reactions: Troyster

ctech

Premium VIP
Jan 26, 2009
Tennessee
Real Name
Randy Wills
Business Location
United States
I'm going to purchase a viper. Did you like yours
Quick answer: NO

After about a year of use it started falling apart, and currently sits in my warehouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
When you go up and down be careful those teeth are not bullet proof as was already stated. Oh and btw the handle can come loose from the frame at the base. Ask me how I know. You need only pound the grommet looking baring thing back into place. Other than that mine has been one of the best investments I have ever made. I'd buy another one in a heart beat.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
When you go up and down be careful those teeth are not bullet proof as was already stated. Oh and btw the handle can come loose from the frame at the base. Ask me how I know. You need only pound the grommet looking baring thing back into place. Other than that mine has been one of the best investments I have ever made. I'd buy another one in a heart beat.

Ken, Just so I know. Are you still mad at me? :rolleyes:

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
I have the Mytee DualGlide 17" and really like it. The handle adjustment is great. I bought mine on close out from SteamBrite. It was an old stock machine and had some teething problems when I got it. The handle would loosen up going into the lower housing. Mytee glues them in with an epoxy now, so I glued mine in, not hard to do and fixed that problem. The roll pins will migrate out, like Ken Raddon has experienced. I talked to Mytee about putting a steel plate reinforcement where the triangular handle mounts are on the underside of the frame to stiffen the mounting points from side loads, and also suggested that mytee thread the lower center support and bolt through the side mounts and eliminate the roll pins. I saw the prototypes of that when I was down last month. The dual speed switch on the handle is wonderful. I also like the Wave solution tank. I put a couple of 16 oz plastic bottles of encap solution in it for a quick refill from a sink on commercial jobs. When I run out of solution, I unscrew the cap, pull out a bottle, fill with the extended sink attach hose and pour it in. No buckets no hassle. I'm going to add a quick refill port to my whittaker and do the same...no more 6 gallon jugs of mixed encap solution to carry in.

Reactions: Troyster