Review on Greenglides RX20 HE glides and adapters | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Review on Greenglides RX20 HE glides and adapters

See Spots Run

Nov 1, 2010
redding, Ca.
www.seespotsruninc.com
Real Name
Ivan Smith
Business Location
United States
I finally received my glides and adapters from Greenglides yesterday, installed them today and so far have cleaned two apartments and will be cleaning a Chinese restaurant tonight.

Installation was very simple, just had to keep the gaskets intact to reuse them.
The adapters were a pleasant surprise as when installed I got a full length vacuum slot (Bonus!)
The glides pressed into the adapter easily in a vise and fit tight.

We cleaned two apartments this afternoon, one with Polyester, one with glue down.
The RX cleaned far better on both than it ever has and was much more controllable and less fatiguing
than before, almost effortless.

When we were done, the carpet was far drier than it has ever been without glides, and with less distortion to groom out than without glides.

Walk in closets were cleaned with a glided Westpak 14", with dry strokes and would have been dry enough, but when I went over with the glided RX, far drier.

So far, I love em', and would recommend to anyone with the High Efficiency RX to buy a set with the adapters (Which you need to glide your RX HE).

Going out at 9:30 to clean the Chinese joint, I'll post my results after, but I'm sure it's going to do a great job.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I finally received my glides and adapters from Greenglides yesterday, installed them today and so far have cleaned two apartments and will be cleaning a Chinese restaurant tonight.

Installation was very simple, just had to keep the gaskets intact to reuse them.
The adapters were a pleasant surprise as when installed I got a full length vacuum slot (Bonus!)
The glides pressed into the adapter easily in a vise and fit tight.

We cleaned two apartments this afternoon, one with Polyester, one with glue down.
The RX cleaned far better on both than it ever has and was much more controllable and less fatiguing
than before, almost effortless.

When we were done, the carpet was far drier than it has ever been without glides, and with less distortion to groom out than without glides.

Walk in closets were cleaned with a glided Westpak 14", with dry strokes and would have been dry enough, but when I went over with the glided RX, far drier.

So far, I love em', and would recommend to anyone with the High Efficiency RX to buy a set with the adapters (Which you need to glide your RX HE).

Going out at 9:30 to clean the Chinese joint, I'll post my results after, but I'm sure it's going to do a great job.
Thanks for the review. I'd like to know the total cost for the glides with the adapters. You may have pushed me over the edge into purchasing them. I've never liked how the RX-20 handles on certain carpets and would like to smooth it out.

See Spots Run

Nov 1, 2010
redding, Ca.
www.seespotsruninc.com
Real Name
Ivan Smith
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the review. I'd like to know the total cost for the glides with the adapters. You may have pushed me over the edge into purchasing them. I've never liked how the RX-20 handles on certain carpets and would like to smooth it out.
The adapters were $89.00 and the glides were $219.00, total, $308.00.
One thing, with the adapters, you HAVE to run the glides, you can't run without.

Went and cleaned the Chinese joint that night and was fairly amazed at how it worked so well on the commercial carpet.
It was filthy and the traffic lanes were so sticky you could hear your shoes tear off of the sticky crap.

With my Redline/Zapit prespray, Masterclean rinse and glided RX, we got that greasy, sticky mess done in 2 1/2 (1,500 Sq. Ft.)
hours and it looked like brand new.
The glides excelled on commercial, and you can clean up to baseboards and transitions with them, so I needed no wand except for corners.
It takes some getting used to how fast the RX responds with the glides though.
Went back the next day to see the job and it turned out to be the best restaurant job we've ever done, which is surprising because it was the dirtiest also. Looked like the installers just left.

My advice, buy em'.

Reactions: wandwizard

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Pics of head with glides, fool.

randyg6224

Jan 1, 2011
Green Bay, WI
www.newsolidsurfacecleaning.com
Real Name
Randy Grygiel
Business Location
United States
I have the glides for over a year now, love em! I have the ones with the small holes, they told me they would help dry faster. I will switch to the glides with slots when these wear out. Small holes don't pick up small fuzzies, pieces of dirt or small wads of hair that inevitably get kicked up during scrubbing. Shane set me in the right direction, thanks Shane!

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
The holed glides are the best for CGD but the slotted glides are better for residential carpet. As far as picking up the fuzzies, keep in mind that such things are better addressed with vacuuming and by not picking up the debris, vac power will be better as you progress on your jobs because your vac filter will not be getting clogged up.