Roll call: Who's got overweight kids?... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Roll call: Who's got overweight kids?...

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I see the appetizers Todd, but where's dinner?
Lol, that was it. Dinner was about 250 calories and it filled me up. We each had 2 kabobs.

Reactions: Mike Krall

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
You can't eat what ain't in the house.
Don't keep processed foods in the house

There's a few raw vegetables I really have grown to love.
Evening snacking can kill the momentum of a good diet.
If all you keep around is healthy snacks like raw vegetables, you learn to love them.

In order , my favorite are: Radishes, Rutabegas , turnips, celery, carrots, cauliflower, purple cabbage.
These are nearly zero calorie count foods...
They require nearly as many calories to digest as you gain in there consumption.

Thus means you can literally eat as much as you want without adding to yer calorie intake.
Excellent strategy for feeling satisfied without killing yourselves.
Raw vegetable intake REALLY helps regulate your blood sugar as well.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Seriously....Good thread, Mike, It really is important to eat at least somewhat healthy. (y)
I used to be 5'11" and weigh 225 lbs back in my LEO days. Today I shrunk an inch and hover at the 200 lb mark. I am trying to get back in better strength shape and conditioning shape and get down to a GOOD 195.
Up until my retirement from this industry (and back in it again) I used go between 3 to 5 miles on the track, stopping to do push ups, sit ups, lunges, squats, etc at every goal post. I'm working on getting back to that comfort zone as I began training again. You lose it faster than you gain it, right?
But still not too bad for an almost 60 year old, eh?

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Seriously....Good thread, Mike, It really is important to eat at least somewhat healthy. (y)
I used to be 5'11" and weigh 225 lbs back in my LEO days. Today I shrunk an inch and hover at the 200 lb mark. I am trying to get back in better strength shape and conditioning shape and get down to a GOOD 195.
Up until my retirement from this industry (and back in it again) I used go between 3 to 5 miles on the track, stopping to do push ups, sit ups, lunges, squats, etc at every goal post. I'm working on getting back to that comfort zone as I began training again. You lose it faster than you gain it, right?
But still not too bad for an almost 60 year old, eh?
Seen a lot of people die too young in my own family from poor eating habits.
People in their 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's, have dropped dead from eating like crap.

Others are going through hell from poor health situations.

My own father had a miserable exsistance for the last 6 years of his life from health complications related to his diet.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
My soon to be 18 yr old son Spencer is currently 285lbs and 6ft 1.
He would be considered overweight if you didn't see him in person.
Kid loves bodybuilding and will compete in his first Junior competition ( 21 and under) around 230 lbs this October.

Same with my son. He's almost 24, weighs 190 lbs. and is a power lifter. He freaks out if he misses the gym. Squats over 700lbs too. Friggin' animal. He can take an entire A/C unit off a truck by himself. Crazy strong.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
People in their 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's, have dropped dead from eating like crap.

My own father had a miserable exsistance for the last 6 years of his life from health complications related to his diet.

Then you also have the flip side....Good genes. A perfect example would be my great-grandmother on my father's side. She smoked guinea stinkers every day of her life and washed it down with home made Italian wine <----(a key to longevity) and lived to be 99 years old. Still had good health when she died too. She just...died.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
700 lb squat at under 200 lbs is freakish.
He should compete in power lifting

He said he's thinking about it. He should, really. He's "Got It". I just believe that he's going to pay dearly for all those heavy squats later in life. The human body was never designed for THAT kind of weight lifting without repercussions.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
He said he's thinking about it. He should, really. He's "Got It". I just believe that he's going to pay dearly for all those heavy squats later in life. The human body was never designed for THAT kind of weight lifting without repercussions.
Not saying it's healthy...just saying he's crazy strong on the squat.
World record for squat at the 181 lb weight division is 760

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

Yeah, this last year has been hell for me. I know if I don't continue to lose the weight I won't be here next year.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Then you also have the flip side....Good genes. A perfect example would be my great-grandmother on my father's side. She smoked guinea stinkers every day of her life and washed it down with home made Italian wine <----(a key to longevity) and lived to be 99 years old. Still had good health when she died too. She just...died.
I had an aunt that started walking about 5 years ago........nobody knows where the fuk she is by now!....

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
And if you think my son is strong, you have to see his friend, Joe "Mish". INSANE strength.