Roll call: Who's got overweight kids?... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Roll call: Who's got overweight kids?...

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Same with my son. He's almost 24, weighs 190 lbs. and is a power lifter. He freaks out if he misses the gym. Squats over 700lbs too. Friggin' animal. He can take an entire A/C unit off a truck by himself. Crazy strong.
My kid is not overly strong and is not a powerlifter. Yes only day off from the gym is Sunday. Strict diet with the protein/ carbs and of course supplements.
No sugar or fat in his diet.
He is carrying extra weight with his off season training but will look awesome come October at 230 lbs ish.
Kid is a great athlete too. Fantastic hockey player and had he not got so into bodybuilding he would be playing Junior A hockey and around 180lbs.
He started hitting the gym about 2 1/2 years ago and loved it . Rather pump iron than play hockey... so let him do what he likes .

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
My kid is not overly strong and is not a powerlifter. Yes only day off from the gym is Sunday. Strict diet with the protein/ carbs and of course supplements.
No sugar or fat in his diet.
He is carrying extra weight with his off season training but will look awesome come October at 230 lbs ish.
Kid is a great athlete too. Fantastic hockey player and had he not got so into bodybuilding he would be playing Junior A hockey and around 180lbs.
He started hitting the gym about 2 1/2 years ago and loved it . Rather pump iron than play hockey... so let him do what he likes .

Sounds a lot like my son, Grant. Steven played linebacker in High School and was also a wrestler. I got him into weight lifting at an early age and I never thought it would lead to what he is today. He too eats all the healthy foods, protein. blah, blah, blah. It's an obsession with him. Drives me nuts at times.

Also....you have hockey up there? :D

Reactions: emeraldclean

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
When I used to lift heavy, I'd squat 405 for reps... it felt horrible.
Glad I don't do that crap any more

I was never into weight lifting like my son is. Yes, I did it, but to a much lesser, less enthusiastic degree. I always prefered martial arts training, stretching, obstacle course and calisthenics type work outs. Whatever floats ya boat, right?

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I'm very lucky to be as mobile as I am at 52.
Was just playing some one on one basketball with my grandson who on the basketball team in high school.
It trips him out that I can actually defend him
I suck at shooting but I'm on him like glue when he tries to drive

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Sounds a lot like my son, Grant. Steven played linebacker in High School and was also a wrestler. I got him into weight lifting at an early age and I never thought it would lead to what he is today. He too eats all the healthy foods, protein. blah, blah, blah. It's an obsession with him. Drives me nuts at times.

Also....you have hockey up there? :D
Ya we have a few hockey rinks..... every 10 sq miles lol!!

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I'm very lucky to be as mobile as I am at 52.
Was just playing some one on one basketball with my grandson who on the basketball team in high school.
It trips him out that I can actually defend him
I suck at shooting but I'm on him like glue when he tries to drive

Mike, we are from the same mold. You look better than I do though. :p

I can still play all the sports and honestly, I'm still pretty quick. Especially my hands. My son always tells me when we're having a football catch, running pass plays....I Never See Old Guys Like You Doing What You Do With Me, With Their Kids. Honestly Mike....I'm still a kid at heart. I love to play.

I used to play full court B-ball, but my knees can't do that anymore.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Mike, we are from the same mold. You look better than I do though. :p

I can still play all the sports and honestly, I'm still pretty quick. Especially my hands. My son always tells me when we're having a football catch, running pass plays....I Never See Old Guys Like You Doing What You Do With Me, With Their Kids. Honestly Mike....I'm still a kid at heart. I love to play.

I used to play full court B-ball, but my knees can't do that anymore.
I ain't tryna do full court but if you put me on a mat, I can roll for 2 hours straight with dudes half my age.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
IMG_4889.JPG
My grandson competed in his 3rd straight NAGA tournament this year at age 8...
I was so impressed with his flow...
This is him arm barring a kid upside down.
He showed so much creativity.
It's rare to see someone his age that has such good flow.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
View attachment 70399 5 of my 8 grandkids now train at the jiu-jitsu academy.
So lucky to be able to still play too!...

Ahhhh, the mat. I took the old Japanese style Jiu jitsu way back when. You know,,,,The "Honorable" style. Gracie is MUCH more effective IMO. For the last 25 years it's been pretty much JKD. Off more than On lately as I have moved to Florida. I also trained with a buddy of mine in Ninjutsu for a few years back in the 90's He learned it from the Master himself, Steven Hayes.

Like most forms, it has it's flaws. Just another tool in the toolbox I always say.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Ahhhh, the mat. I took the old Japanese style Jiu jitsu way back when. You know,,,,The "Honorable" style. Gracie is MUCH more effective IMO. For the last 25 years it's been pretty much JKD. Off more than On lately as I have moved to Florida. I also trained with a buddy of mine in Ninjutsu for a few years back in the 90's He learned it from the Master himself, Steven Hayes.

Like most forms, it has it's flaws. Just another tool in the toolbox I always say.
Old crusty footage of my sons very first MMA fight.
He was fresh out of high school and had only been training Jiu-jitsu for a couple months.
His opponent was a high level JKD competitor who was a bit of a legend in the Easy Bay.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
The JKD guy was not very well rounded. No ground game usually mean no win. Hard to punch laying on your back. Congrats to your son. He looked awesome!! Unafraid.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
The JKD guy was not very well rounded. No ground game usually mean no win. Hard to punch laying on your back. Congrats to your son. He looked awesome!! Unafraid.
Actually, he was 'cagao'... (scared shitless)
He was game though...
Pretty rough looking, rushing the takedown like that but he was basically just a wrestler then.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
IMG_4890.JPG
He just took 2 of his blackbelts and one of his purple belts into Gilberts gym last week.

Nate showed up and brought a few of his guys from Lodi.

Everyone was really impressed with the level of Davids students.