Rotovac CFX mods

Ron Danahy

Dec 9, 2011
Missouri
Real Name
Ron Danahy
Business Location
United States
I have searched high and low and found nothing about mods for the CFX. Is that because no one uses it or is it just so good the ones that do use it don’t feel the need to change anything?
I do have some questions about it with a 2in hose mod can you have 75-100ft hose runs and still get good dry times with the 2/2stage vac model

Is it powerful enough to leave on the truck with a vac booster like some of the others do?

How much generator would you need to run it on the truck?

What can a guy do to shorten his setup and teardown time?

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
LOL Truck mounted CFX!? that would be so funny!

Im really interested in these things now, I did not know they can be used as a vac booster.

Frank DiGi

Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
Only mods I know of is pump out replacement to diaphragm pump. So you could run it dry without worry ruin the blades or motor.. 3 stage motor upgrade from 2's. And think they had gasket fix for older models..
Don't think the 2 stage is strong enough to run that long of hose.. I would call Adam in support over at Rotovac he would have most updated info..

Gman

Dec 3, 2008
WI
Real Name
Johnny B L
Business Location
United States
Depends what 2-stage some are stronger than the 3's.

RotoRoy

Nov 28, 2019
Real Name
Roy Knaak Jr
I have searched high and low and found nothing about mods for the CFX. Is that because no one uses it or is it just so good the ones that do use it don’t feel the need to change anything?
I do have some questions about it with a 2in hose mod can you have 75-100ft hose runs and still get good dry times with the 2/2stage vac model

Is it powerful enough to leave on the truck with a vac booster like some of the others do?

How much generator would you need to run it on the truck?

What can a guy do to shorten his setup and teardown time?
Heres a different mod:

I ordered a “coleman cooler 1” drain cock” with a screw cap from amazon for $10.00
I drilled a hole in the bottom corner of the recovery tank and installed the drain, so that i cam quickly and cleanly drain tht last jnch of water into the toilet.
2) I made two 5’ garden hose sets. One to run to my water otter from the bathroom sink, and one to rin from the cfx to the toilet.

3)I clipped the longer cord in the cfx anf made both pigtails the same length- so im not dealing with the wierd cord length.

4)(not done yet) I installing slightly larger casters.

6) I put together a garden spray nozzle that connects to the bathroom sink to quickly rinse my cfx while it is over the toilet with the new modified drain cock open- for better cleaning.

7)I made a 220 to dual 110 adaptor to connect two power lines to either the dryer power outlet, or the oven power outlet- now giving me plenty of outlets for cfx, compressor, mytee turbo heater(s) and rotovac.

8) i installed a ball valve shut offat the emd of my solution hose to speed up tool/wand changing.

Any thoughts? Any more great ideas?