Starting a weight off today... I am tired of being overweight!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Starting a weight off today... I am tired of being overweight!!

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
When I was a teenager I ran 5 - 10 miles every day. Best time on the mile was 3:58. Best time on a 5k was 18:12. I could eat 5 meals a day (not snacks, meals) and not gain a pound. Actually, if I wasn't careful I could easily drop 10+ pounds in just a week or two.

Due to issues with my left knee and ankle I haven't run in years. Light jogs are doable but I defiantly can't run like I did when I was 18. Problem is, something in my brain doesn't seem to understand that my body can't run like that anymore. And it doesn't seem to understand that there is a pace between walking and running. So now here I sit, after trying to do a light jog, with the worst shin splints I've ever had...

I think I'm just going to try and get a rowing machine.
im not a runner never have been unless it was too the roach coach. But a sub 4min mile? cmon maaaan fish story maybe? thats like record breaking amigo, isn't it? for high school

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I looked back and I said I was 210 in 2012, today in 2018 I'm 195.
I was 475 in 2012. I’m 395 now. I still need to lose 145 pounds. I have lost 10 in the last month.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
im not a runner never have been unless it was too the roach coach. But a sub 4min mile? cmon maaaan fish story maybe? thats like record breaking amigo, isn't it? for high school
It was record breaking, and would have been official state record had I done it during an official meet. It was my one time best time. My average was 4:07.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
When I was a teenager I ran 5 - 10 miles every day. Best time on the mile was 3:58. Best time on a 5k was 18:12.
Up until 7 years ago I was running full marathons. At my best I couldn't have come close to a 4 minute mile even if someone was shooting at me. Don't ask me how I know these things.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
When I was a teenager I ran 5 - 10 miles every day. Best time on the mile was 3:58. Best time on a 5k was 18:12. I could eat 5 meals a day (not snacks, meals) and not gain a pound. Actually, if I wasn't careful I could easily drop 10+ pounds in just a week or two.

Due to issues with my left knee and ankle I haven't run in years. Light jogs are doable but I defiantly can't run like I did when I was 18. Problem is, something in my brain doesn't seem to understand that my body can't run like that anymore. And it doesn't seem to understand that there is a pace between walking and running. So now here I sit, after trying to do a light jog, with the worst shin splints I've ever had...

I think I'm just going to try and get a rowing machine.
Try swiming.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Up until 7 years ago I was running full marathons. At my best I couldn't have come close to a 4 minute mile even if someone was shooting at me. Don't ask me how I know these things.
It wasn't easy. I made it a personal goal that I dedicated a lot of time to. Mile in 4 min flat or better. I was a runner as long as I can remember, when I was 13 I had a staff infection in my left tibia, put me in a wheelchair for 6 months, then 3 months of physical therapy. When I got back to running my time had gone from about 5.5 minutes to 8 minutes. Was told I would never be able to run like I used to due to the surgery and how it healed. Screw that. 5 years later I reached my goal, 3:58. I kind of just stopped after that. I mean, I still ran but not daily, not as far, just light jogs to get the blood moving in the morning. Now, 13 years later, I can get 2 blocks before I need to rest :)

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
The way to loose weight is not to eat after 3 pm, eat only vegetables and fruits, that is how I lost weight. And if you want to lose it quicker then during the day eat one third of your capacity, the other 3rd is for water and the last 3rd is to breathe.

Mr. Esteamy

Jul 9, 2011
California
www.esteamcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Brian Kraut
Business Location
United States
I've struggled with high blood pressure and cholesterol for years and after 35 I just felt tired all the time without a little bit of excersize.
I need to get back in shape to keep my back from falling completely apart though. I've found that doing 10 min of cardio followed by stretching and then 20 min of interval strength training and finishing with some planks for my core 3 times a week makes all the difference. Nothing too intense though not trying to get injured to feel better and lose weight. Also I've regulated my diet during the work week. I eat instant oatmeal every morning without sugar just add peanut butter and a little maple syrup. I take a shaker blender bottle to work with a couple scoops of veagan protein powder , the kind with all the super food nutrients. I also eat one apple , banana and a protein bar or two. It's super easy to pack a lunch up this way , since I don't have time to make lunches. Then I basically eat whatever I want at night and on the weekends. But this has dropped my blood pressure to lower then it's been since my early 20s.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
For the last couple of days I only had breakfast a veggie pizza on a whole wheat pita and 2 bananas for lunch, just fruits for dinner, lost about few lbs.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I am still loosing, i was 90kg, currently I am 85, I want to drop my weight to 72-74 where I use to be when I was in my 20s, I got another 10 plus kg to go. Probably in couple of months with my commitment.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Also what I have noticed with me is that having this weight on which I was never was this fat, it makes me sluggish and I get tired very easily and can't do the work quicker. It's the opposite with less weight on.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
For the last couple of days I only had breakfast a veggie pizza on a whole wheat pita and 2 bananas for lunch, just fruits for dinner, lost about few lbs.
got a killer vegan pizza. im down 20 in 30days
kidney bean salad with salsa and couscous
C24250C2-ECE0-4DE0-8013-45C0F5883BF4.jpeg

54B492EC-D9AB-4D08-B156-BA9D43024026.jpeg

zack

Jun 28, 2008
canada
Real Name
zack zia
Business Location
United States
daily
men over 40 needs
200 crunches
55 sit ups
weights
vacuum your tummy for 15 sec 3 times
plus watch what you eat and drink
drink water
banana and yogurt
good luck

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
my wife packs me snacks and my lunch every day. i snack every two hrs and wear a camelpack on big jobs too constantly drink water

also drink homemade shakes and juices

just bought ice cream maker too start making almond ice cream again. super low carb and very low calories and tastes great

A11C0B0B-0C3F-4609-BEFA-9E83B58877B4.jpeg

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
daily
men over 40 needs
200 crunches
55 sit ups
weights