steam brite

RDCCARPET

Aug 18, 2009
NJ
Real Name
russell calderone
Business Location
United States
anyone order from steam brite If so what is your opinion of the company? I ordered a few parts from them and there shipping is so slow.

Tommy C

Apr 23, 2010
Real Name
N/A
Business Location
United States
From what I have heard they keep their prices low by drop shipping their products. Which means the product you order may not actually be available and will take longer to get than if you ordered from somebody that actually stocks their products. I personally ordered a shelf unit for my van and was not told until a full week later that it was back ordered. But, the trade-off is lower prices which is why I ordered from them in the first place.

edgar76

Jan 28, 2009
houston tx
Real Name
edgar ardon
Business Location
United States
I have order from them and got everything i order in reSonable time

RDCCARPET

Aug 18, 2009
NJ
Real Name
russell calderone
Business Location
United States
I have had great service from them this time and in the past must be fedex. I ordered parts on monday (holiday) and were not picked up by fedex till tuesday pm and are due to arrive this coming monday. There prices are cheaper then jon don, and interlink but they seem to get stuff to you much quicker. I always like ups service compared to fedex

Tommy C

Apr 23, 2010
Real Name
N/A
Business Location
United States
This is copied from their Terms and Conditions page...

"In the normal course of standard business practice, we will "Drop Ship" items to our customers directly from the Manufacturer."

This must be how they can offer such good prices by not actually having to stock items. Whether this normally speeds up or delays orders I can't say. But, I was told at the time of my order that the product was in stock and would ship the next day. A week later I called them asking about my order and was then told that it was on back-order with no apology or offer of compensation, just an indifferent, "Do you still want it or not?".

I'm glad you other guys have had great service from them. I might just give them another chance. :AddEmoticons04259:

Timothy

Aug 14, 2010
KENTUCKY
Real Name
Timothy Jackson
Business Location
United States
Yeah I agree with everbody else, slow slow shipping but good quality and nice prices.

bullets

Oct 14, 2008
ocean county
Real Name
micky bullets
i've dealt with steambrite many times and never had issues with them. don cook the owner is a nice guy, sandy ware even nicer, and ken ware is just plain nuts but also a nice guy!

skierbri10

Feb 13, 2011
CO
www.peaktopeakcarpet.com
Real Name
Brian Bullock
Business Location
United States
This is my experience with them this week:

Called Monday Sep. 19 9am to confirm a pump I needed was in stock. Was told it was in stock in the warehouse and was told it would ship Sep. 20th or 21st. Ordered it.

Called September 21st to see if it had shipped. Negative was the answer. Thought I would wait until late 22nd and call again.

September 22nd early am and still not shipped at ~4:30pm called again and was told it has been waiting to be shipped since late 21st.

Called again sept 23rd and was told it would ship today at ~4pm.

Got tracking number from fedex and will be delivered wednesday Sep 28th.

Regardless of the time for fedex to deliver they took their sweet time to get it packaged and shipped. This was my first and last order from them. I could have ordered this pump for the same price from Kleenrite and I hear now they are faster. When I use other online suppliers my stuff is packaged within a 24 hour period. It took them 5 days to get this package to fedex which to me is unacceptable. Plus the broken promises really make me not want to trust them. They could be the nicest people in the world but in business that only goes so far in my book. I wouldn't keep a bad worker around just because they are nice.

donsatx40

Oct 31, 2010
TX
Real Name
Donald Cook
Business Location
United States
Steambrite sells the exact same equipment that many other dealers sell and all new equipment comes with a full factory warranty. Extended warranties are also available for purchase to extended your 1 year warranty all the way to 5 years. The return policy is clearly stated on the website at http://www.steam-brite.com/store/conditions.php

gr4474

Oct 2, 2011
LOUISIANA
www.bluecarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Greg Rodie
Business Location
United States
hmmm donsatx40...you wouldn't be don the owner who sold me the crappy mosmatic tile spinner would you? Don insisted this was the best spinner. I have caught him in multiple lies, but he's the type to tell you whatever you want to hear, and thinks you're to stupid to know that he's full of it. first of all my order didn't ship for a week, and when calling about it, they found my invoice in the back untouched. don later denied that ever happened. no big deal...but after recieving the unit, i didn't like the design and tried to return it, only to learn they have a 25% return policy, and only if is unused. Yes it's my fault for not checking the return policy, and yes i should have studied the pictures closer and realized it was a bad design, so they got me there. but they would not budge on the 25% return penalty, and I should have taken a loss and returned it, because after actually using it, the tile head is a nightmare piece of garbage worse than i could have imagined. it has a thin pole that screws in the center with a plastic connection....it flexes and feels cheap. the vac hose plugs into the head and is cumbersome and falls off all the time. it has wheels, and STICKS to the floor ALL the time. so this means you can't use it without the wheels installed like the video shows. Don admitted "ONE" person has had this problem before, and he suggested raising the level using washers on each wheel...so i rigged it up and it helped from sticking for a short time, but has major issues vacuuming water now. I guess the crappy wheel brackets bent and now it is back to sticking again. one of the jets is almost pointing straight at the floor, and the other is about 15 degree angle like it should be. I can't wait to save up for an sx-12. anybody want a tile head for cheap? It took almost 3 weeks to get the entire order shipped. the generic gekko i bought will not spray the floor, the spray hits the bristles and shoots out the sides...should have got a gekko. don't get me started on the rest of the nightmare experience with steambrite. you've been warned.

donsatx40

Oct 31, 2010
TX
Real Name
Donald Cook
Business Location
United States
Dear Dale Rodie, As state in our previous email " if someone here looks at an invoice in our computer it just shows the tracking number. It would be unreasonable to research the issue any further. When you place an order with us, all sales are final as stated on our website. We stock Mosmatic wands at our location, but do not ship them out from our location because Mosmatic does not offer a free shipping program for their dealers. In other words, to ship to us first and then reship to the customer will make us upside down on the transaction. The markup does not allow for double shipping. Not only do we have a 25% restocking fee, but you will loose the shipping charges both directions. The balance is issued as store credit to use on other equipment / future purchases. We do not take back equipment that is used and not in original packaging. You would not want to purchase equipment that was descried as new on the website and then receive someone else's return. Here is a question for you. Our terms are clearly posted on our website. If you did not agree to them, why didn't you purchase the equipment from someone else? We do not offer a free rental program. It is not OK to place orders with us, use the equipment, and then think it is OK to return it. These policies are designed to prevent this from happening. Please also note that if you canceled your order before it ships the restocking fee is reduced from 25% to 5%. This is because customers are still having us do the same amount of work and the credit card company is sill going to keep the 4% (Amex) or 3.75% (for all others) as a credit card fee. In your case alone the credit card company made $63.91. Fedex does not refund the money spent on shipping, and most customers are not going to want to pay us back for the hour(s) labor we spent with you on your phone calls and shipping. Your orders were filled in a timely manner. The credit card companies allow for 30 days for catalog and on line companies to fill orders. So if you return the items, which items are you looking to use your store credit on?

Now let us address "If you insist to charge me 25% I truly feel it an obligation to go on every carpet cleaning forum or discussion i can find and document my experiences with your company."
You agreed to our terms when you placed an order with our company. Now that it is not convenient for you to keep your end of the transaction you want to threaten us. Very unprofessional. We invest a lot of time and money in what we do here. We spend thousands of dollars a month just have customers click and surf our website. We do not contact you, you contracted us, you agreed to the terms. This is exactly like you having a customer that hires you to clean a carpet that a tenant has overhauled a car engine in the home. Customer does not want to pay for carpet replacement. You agree to prespray, rotary scrub and steam rinse the carpet two times for X number of dollars at the customers own risk, whether it works or does not work. You do the job and it looks pretty good and now because the customer can see a slight haze of discoloration, they decide they are going to have to replace the carpet and no longer want to pay you for you time, effort, expenses and are breaking the agreement. The agreement no longer works to their benefit so this somehow or other self justifies their actions. Not only have you spent half a day helping this customer, but you were also not available at the same time to take care of a real paying customer.

No let us address you comment "predatory practices": is defined as: " excessive or exploitive in amount or cost, as out of greed or to take advantage of consumers or patrons"
That is just not true. We guarantee the lowest prices on all our equipment. In fact if you ever find a cheaper item on anybodies else'es website for less money we want to know about it so we can adjust our prices further. This means we have super low profit margins. Our average sale is under 2% profit. The only way we can continue to sell our equipment at these deep discounted prices is by our return policy. If we changed our policies, we would have to raise our price and complete against all the other on line companies that have the same policy that we currently have. You see, our policy is the norm for on line companies not the exception and your order was filled in a reasonable time frame.

If you decide to return the any of the equipment, please return it to our location and not the factory where it shipped from. If there is something wrong with the tool, it does have a factory warranty. If the item is damaged in shipping during the return you will be obligated to make the shipping claim for any damage will further reduce your store credit (if we accept it). Again returned items have to be new and un-used and in original packaging.

In summary, I hope you realize the policy is not to make customer upset rather designed to keep prices low."

The Tool that is mentioned is the Mosmatic 78.292 and is located at
http://www.steam-brite.com/store/mosmatic-tile-grout-spinner-wand-flaer-with-vacuum-recovery-pick-4000-78292-p-10284.html
The tool is designed out of the box to use a standard shop vac (single 2 stage vacuum) and if you are going to use with a truckmounted carpet cleaning machine, you might want to consider matching the vacuum of your machine to the tool for best use. This is a one time adjustment. It is only 3 bolts to remove and add the washers to raise the dome. Depending on the grout lines you might not need to adjust anything on the tool. This is a very well crafted tool and I do stand by them. I feel that it offers the largest variety of surfaces to clean. Mount the assist handle right on the dome and remove the lance and now the same tool will clean walls. You can use on cement outside and on tile inside. On the video on the webpage shows the customer having some difficulty on moving the wand, but I asked him if he ever bothered to make the vacuum adjustment for his machine and he told me "no." The Mosmatic 78.292 tool does provide a more downward spray than other tools. This causes more energy to impact the floor and not so much for spinning the spray bar, but the pressure spins the bar just fine. Unlike other tools this tool offers a wider range of cleaning pressures. You can use all the way up to 5000 psi.

Dale you are a true professional in many ways...

matt7

Feb 16, 2011
Alberta
Real Name
Matthew Stephenson
Business Location
United States
I have ordered from steambrite several times. Once I was shorted a QD and another time sent a slightly different tool then I had ordered. Both times they immediately issued a store credit for the difference with no questions asked! I have been very happy with their service, great prices etc. I will continue to order from them, I think they are a top notch company! Yes a few times I have had slow shipping although they normally have warned me ahead of time and explained it was on back order or whatever, they have always been great with communication whenever I have dealt with them. Anyways this has been my experience, i am a very happy steambrite customer!

Matt

Rick F

Apr 27, 2011
new york
Real Name
richard fall
Business Location
United States
Don has talked me through i few problems with my M-12 and given me has cell phone # to call him over the weekend, because it was late friday. That goes a long way with me. Thanks Don

David G.

Aug 30, 2013
Real Name
David Gibson
Business Location
United States
i've dealt with steambrite many times and never had issues with them. don cook the owner is a nice guy, sandy ware even nicer, and ken ware is just plain nuts but also a nice guy!
Ken and Sandy Ware have since started their own supply house called 1st Choice.