Steamwwy 900 owner

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
my sources tell me that the new rotovac will outperform in series.....over other vac motors for various reasons that only a few specy spock guys could understand......

so here are the specs i am getting in series:

mytee LX: 180"lift and
225 cfm(steambrite 216 cfm)
https://www.steam-brite.com/mytee-c348-ametek-lamb-vacuum-motor-blower-inches-inlet-tube-cone-volts-tangential-stage-speed-p-93250.html

rotovac ZX: 220" lift and 237 cfm

if this is true then the ZX does actually
outperform around 20% in lift
and slightly more in cfm...!!!!

but they have to be put in series to make the difference!!

Last edited:

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
150/150/1.5 (150 CFM, 150" of lift and 1.5 GPM) at the end of the hose run will clean like crazy. If you are doing less reevaluate and fix it. Biggest fix IMO is removing dumbass cuffs that leak.... and replace them with 2" aluminum tube internal connectors in between vacuum sections (first 100' should be 1 continuous section). With ZERO leaks from the tank to the wand flow can win and recovery be Paramount, but what the hell do I know.
There goes that redneck idiot that thinks outside the box, spouts off verifiable facts, tries to steer people in the right direction and wouldn't hurt anyone. Too bad you're not a self serving egomaniac, Jim.

Like the redneck said, no leaks, not even the smallest of leaks, ever. If anything is leaking, even small ones it will have an impact.

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
But w all 3 in series as I first had put together...its over 18 pushing 19. I just didnt think it would hold the cfms I'm wanting without crushing the unit...which is why I ended up settling on the seriesed parallel setup...more cfms and 15 hg for me is surely enough...lightyears above what I had before. Which was 9 or so with an Olympus m500

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
The only thing I think is off a little right now...is I noticed a slight difference in the 500 psi pump I installed seems to be more at 350-400 now...I'm guessing that maybe its becuz I wired the pump and a vac onto one cord

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
The only thing I think is off a little right now...is I noticed a slight difference in the 500 psi pump I installed seems to be more at 350-400 now...I'm guessing that maybe its becuz I wired the pump and a vac onto one cord
I have also seen where gauges read different
From one machine to another also you may have air in the line going to the gauge

You also may have debris in the valves of the pump
I've seen a lot of things affect pump pressure but never running one with a vacuum motor but that doesn't mean that it can't happen

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
It could be air in the line. It could be one of the hoses are slightly kinked or some other restriction somewhere in the line. Did you use teflon tape or pipe dope when you hooked everything up?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Yes on every single piece installed that could be taped.
I've even had it to where an old line gets a piece of rubber or rust stuck in it lowering my pressure

You're probably like me and don't replace the pressure line with new ones lol

It's our form of recycling lol

Reactions: DrummerTW

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
Yes I'm guilty...my wife says I'm a carpet machine hoarder...I swear I've got 50 pumps here from 30 psi that came in electric sprayers to now these cat pumps...I'm always trying to reuse shit here... build this there...if I'd just break down and sell a handful of these 14+ machines I'd be able to buy a new goliath or jag.. or both...but what fun would that be

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Yes I'm guilty...my wife says I'm a carpet machine hoarder...I swear I've got 50 pumps here from 30 psi that came in electric sprayers to now these cat pumps...I'm always trying to reuse shit here... build this there...if I'd just break down and sell a handful of these 14+ machines I'd be able to buy a new goliath or jag.. or both...but what fun would that be
I think my next machines going to be a mytee eclipse

The Goliath in the Jag can be very frustrating

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
It's not as pretty and surely weighs more...but I think this old 900 will at least perform close to either until I can set aside money to buy one. At a minimum it's at least the most power I've ever had. I hooked up that water otter yesterday for the first time and I love how I can turn it down to 50 psi or blast it to 1200...I washed my wifes van...the side of my house...the shed...a broken lawnmower sitting out by the trash..lol anything I could spray with it until I heard her start yelling stop washing the mailbox post

• Haha
Reactions: J20770

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I rather go with a jag but stay away from Goliath unless they have started to use quality manifolds. Mine had some cheap manifolds and those 6.6 vacs were so strong the manifolds started to leak air. Last year I have got rid of the manifolds and put only 2 6.6 in parallel and sitting in my garage. I will put it on sale as a flood pumper soon.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
It's not as pretty and surely weighs more...but I think this old 900 will at least perform close to either until I can set aside money to buy one. At a minimum it's at least the most power I've ever had. I hooked up that water otter yesterday for the first time and I love how I can turn it down to 50 psi or blast it to 1200...I washed my wifes van...the side of my house...the shed...a broken lawnmower sitting out by the trash..lol anything I could spray with it until I heard her start yelling stop washing the mailbox post
with that much vacuum on 3 vac motors= 45 blower

have you thought about leaving it in the van and running hose in???

i have a 45 blower TM...can run 150' wo losing vacuum

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
make sure to bypass that water otter into a fresh water tank ar you will cause major damage to it in a short time.......

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Believe me when I say you currently have more suction than what's a Jag does