keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Lol i grew up with the gas guzzling giants. It dont bother me anymore. Is what it is. Only truck i ever owned that got better then 10 mpg was an chevy pickup with a 4 banger from 1981. But a 30 pack in a cooler would slow that thing down lol. Every other one of my past vehicles got 7, 9, 11, and now 9.5 mpg. Which should do better. I put my truck on a diet and removed roughly 600lbs in tools so that might help. Not! lol I bought a 10k dump trailer. My van has now been forced into vehicular obesity :D

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I wish HydraMaster would put the CDS in a diesel van.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Looks like price of gas is going up tomorrow. Maybe those electric vehicles aren’t that dumb of an idea eh.
If you even look at the price of gas at the pump, you need to focus on your business model and systems, Not be worrying about your future electric equipment.

Gas price should not even be a factor in your business.............

PS, I was running a TM when gas prices were over $4.50 a gallon here in the midwest and over $5 in Cali.. It raised my costs to complete a job by a whopping 00.25%. Yes thats right Point Zero 25 percent.

IF you want a TM, just go get a TM.

Electric TM's are a pipe dream that is at best 15-20 years away if they ever come to fruition.

Without a Government subsidy Electric vehicles are NOT marketable today. Without the free money from the Government no one would by them as they are NOT affordable nor environmentally friendly vs any return matrix. Especially the Tesla's.

Batteries do not have enough charge cycles in them to make them cost effective for our industry with the power demands we would put on them. The current batteries are only good for 1500 charge cycles and after 750 you start to loose the amount of power you can discharge the battery very rapidly meaning you may have to stop in the middle of the day and go sit at a power charge station after you find one for several hours while your batteries recharge .

Your Tesla van would be worth near zero after 4 or less years without a battery replacement.. In todays dollars with labor that will set you back $11-15 thousand dollars. That is not sustainable and needs to be added back into any equation. I run my van for 7-10 years before replacing. Ouch thats 2 battery changes or $25-35K that needs added back into the lifetime costs calculations.

In addition only certain highly trained mechanics will be able to work on your van. This of course means huuuuge repair bills for everything and anything you need done. This means most DIY fixes will no longer be DIY. You will need a specialized electrical mechanic.

Plugging 2- 240V plugs into a customer house is a non starter.

So where does that leave you.

Oh and NO electric vacuums are NOT better nor do they last longer than a Roots or similar Blower. It is pure ignorance and foolishness for anyone to try to claim different.

Again electric vacuum motors will NOT outlast a Blower. Full stop. A blower will last 20 years if you maintenance them just once a year. Electric portable motors, what a few years top if used daily.

Then the added down time of mixing electric and water in the same machine. This forum is littered with portable guys that mix electric and water and the struggles this presents in longevity of equipment and breakdowns from water getting into and destroying electric components.

Anyways.

I would advise you all not to hand anyone money for this pipe dream. Cause boy are you all ripe for the picking........
Yes it has happened here already. The pic posted above is the machine.
yall are late to the party.

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
"No co2 emissions from your truck mount as it’s hooked up to the car's battery."

uses coal and natural gas power plants to recharge forgot about the windmills that chop up birds. the Hydropower that keeps salmon from going upstream, some case might even be charged by nuclear,

They use child labor in Africa to dig up the lithium for the batteries and destroying the local environment and polluting water sources,

Occupational Injuries and Deaths among Loggers, United States

Washington State and California Mortality Studies. Washington and California (by coincidence in the same lumber region) have conducted occupational mortality investigations that include workers in the logging industry as one of the occupational groups studied (11,12). The primary source of material for the California study was the state death file for the years 1959-1961.

Over this 3-year period, about 407,000 deaths among California residents were recorded.

This study used the subfile of about 199,000 white male decedents more than or equal to 20 years of age. Information was collected from death certificates on occupation, industry, and cause of death coded according to the seventh edition of the ICD (13). The basic occupational coding scheme used was the Bureau of the Census Classified Index of Occupations and Industries as it was used for the 1960 census of population (14).

In 1992, over 6,200 Americans died while working in the logging industry. These numbers have dropped since then, but it's still pretty dodgy.
In 2012, the numbers were still around 4,300 a year.

============================

DONT FORGET THE WHITE SLAVE BITVH

Breaker Boys Sorting Coal When They Should Be In School.
Black Lung Disease.

These boys were usually between the ages of 8 to 12, but sometimes were as young as 5 or 6. and a boos with a wipe.

7567932.jpg

The work conditions for breaker boys were hazardous and depressing to say the least. Their work was done inside a large noisy room. They worked in this hole all day long trying to keep warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The breaker room had high walls where the long iron chutes ran to the breaker floors. The floor of the breaker boy’s room consisted of an inclined plane which had a constant stream of coal flowing into it. (2) (5)

There were clouds of dust surrounding everything in the room, creating a black cloud like atmosphere. The dust was often so thick, that the boys couldn’t see their outstretched arms. To help the boys from inhaling the dust, they would cover their mouths with handkerchiefs. Also a lot of them would chew tobacco to help absorb the dust. It also took no time at all for them to become covered from head to toe in coal dust. This would lay the foundation for many of the breaker boys to suffer from asthma or other respiratory conditions. (5) (6)

Study Uncovers Startling Number of Black Lung Cases in Coal Miners

Miners are contracting the disease with striking frequency and at younger ages than ever before

In 2016, NPR conducted its own survey of 11 black lung clinics in Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio and found 962 cases, Berkes reported in December 2016. Since then, the ongoing investigation has counted 1,000 more, he writes.

The breaker boys also would suffer from hearing impairments due to the constant loud noise in the breaker rooms.
All day long, the breaker boys would be submitted to the loud grinding noise coming from the machinery.
Their young ears would also be damaged by the noise of the large amounts of coal rushing down the chutes.
These young boys would stay hunched over all day long picking at the coal without a chance to relax.
By being in this cramped position all day long, most of the young breakers boys became deformed. Most of these boys looked like a crooked backed old man.

The breaker boys’ boss was called a chute boss or breaker boss, and he was very unpopular with the young lads.
If they did not do their job right he would smack them with a club or throw rocks at their fingers.
If the boys thought they were being mistreated, they would retaliate by teasing or annoying the breaker boss.
They would throw rocks at him while his back was turned or throw a board into the machinery to cause it to break down.
Then they would run around will playing games. (5)

7567932.jpg

Death rate from picking cotton in 1780 to 1880, none reported

Last edited:

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yeah I dont understand the gas complaints either, in a typical $500 day I'd use maybe $30 of gas. Yeah I'm not thrilled paying 3% gas cost but how much is electric really going to save me?

• Wow
Reactions: Odin

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
If they would make a compact large blower cds that would mate to anything (or atleast more than one or two specific models) that would be a game changer for our industry. It would be lightweight, compact to leave plenty of real estate in the van. If they made a cds that mated to a transit with an ecoboost id reoutfit every van i have

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
If they would make a compact large blower cds that would mate to anything (or atleast more than one or two specific models) that would be a game changer for our industry. It would be lightweight, compact to leave plenty of real estate in the van. If they made a cds that mated to a transit with an ecoboost id reoutfit every van i have
cds??? is that the acronym for direct drive like the buttler or white magics???

if so I would say either the roots 47 or 56 already fits that bill.

Reactions: SRD

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Ya its hydramasters acronym stands for "clutch drive system". I would love to see a 47 for the "small unit" and a 59 for the "big unit". Only like 60 or so cfm difference in a 47 and 56 however the 56 spins considerably slower to achieve it but to me doesnt justify a different model

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
This is a topic I currently watch very close. Currently, all electric vans are limited to about 100 miles before needing a recharge. The best can get 80% charge in 45 minutes but require a full 8 hours to reach 100% charge. Delivery companies like FedEx and UPS have actually been using them for years for local delivery in cities and the benefits have been huge. You wouldn't be able to also power your ETM with the vans battery though. They would be nice if you only cover less than 100 miles a day to cut costs but you'll still need a gas generator to power your ETM. Even a hybrid van would require an generator currently.

Near future: Ford is working on a hybrid version of the F150 that will likely hit market in the next 5 years which in current testing is outperforming the standard gas/diesel engine models. The specs given are 35 miles hwy with full load on just battery power. When the battery depletes the gas engine kicks in. Like most hybrids, the battery will receive a charge when coasting and breaking allowing it to maintain enough power to supplement the gas engine. It will feature several 120v, 20amp outlets in the bed, allowing you to plug in various tools and equipment and use the vehicles gas engine as a generator. The current gas engine burns cleaner than most generators and is more fuel efficient. If this technology can be put into their Transit van, it would be a big leap forward for the ETM market. Currently this is more feasible than an all electric version and will likely be what we start seeing in the next 5 years. A set up like this with Mytees new ETM would be a formidable set up.

Technology is constantly leaping forward though, I think 10 - 20 years a 100% electric van that could power off it's battery bank a 440v ETM is likely and I personally am excited for it. From the current advancement of electric technology, by the time this system is possible, ETMs may well be out preforming fuel powered TMs too.

Reactions: Dizzle Dazzle

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
This is a topic I currently watch very close. Currently, all electric vans are limited to about 100 miles before needing a recharge. The best can get 80% charge in 45 minutes but require a full 8 hours to reach 100% charge. Delivery companies like FedEx and UPS have actually been using them for years for local delivery in cities and the benefits have been huge. You wouldn't be able to also power your ETM with the vans battery though. They would be nice if you only cover less than 100 miles a day to cut costs but you'll still need a gas generator to power your ETM. Even a hybrid van would require an generator currently.

Near future: Ford is working on a hybrid version of the F150 that will likely hit market in the next 5 years which in current testing is outperforming the standard gas/diesel engine models. The specs given are 35 miles hwy with full load on just battery power. When the battery depletes the gas engine kicks in. Like most hybrids, the battery will receive a charge when coasting and breaking allowing it to maintain enough power to supplement the gas engine. It will feature several 120v, 20amp outlets in the bed, allowing you to plug in various tools and equipment and use the vehicles gas engine as a generator. The current gas engine burns cleaner than most generators and is more fuel efficient. If this technology can be put into their Transit van, it would be a big leap forward for the ETM market. Currently this is more feasible than an all electric version and will likely be what we start seeing in the next 5 years. A set up like this with Mytees new ETM would be a formidable set up.

Technology is constantly leaping forward though, I think 10 - 20 years a 100% electric van that could power off it's battery bank a 440v ETM is likely and I personally am excited for it. From the current advancement of electric technology, by the time this system is possible, ETMs may well be out preforming fuel powered TMs too.
Nah, once the power is available they will simply strap one of the motors from an Electric vehicle in place of a kohler directly to a roots 56 blower and traditional TM setup......... heat can come from batteries and blower and or some sort of solar or windmill that pops up like inspector gadget...........

• Haha
Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Dizzle Dazzle

Sep 24, 2019
Real Name
Konrad Bilinski
Business Location
Canada
Yeah I dont understand the gas complaints either, in a typical $500 day I'd use maybe $30 of gas. Yeah I'm not thrilled paying 3% gas cost but how much is electric really going to save me?
It costs me $110 to put a full tank in my van, in contrast my 75kw tesla, at 7 cents/kWh costs less than $5 to fill up.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
It costs me $110 to put a full tank in my van, in contrast my 75kw tesla, at 7 cents/kWh costs less than $5 to fill up.
If you can justify its use for you. Get one. electric cars arent for everyone. Im a "there's no replacement for displacement" guy. But if you find it can work for you go for it. Just dont buy into the saving the planet thing.

As far as powering a machine off of its battery you'll need to call them and ask if its feasible. Will they come up with something that can in the near future for this purpose? Im sure they will.

What will be interesting when this electric fad gets going. How they will recoup the all mighty wasteful road tax with less fuel being purchased at the pump.

Reactions: Robert86

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
To get raw martials from the earth is about the same for both gas and electric autos.

Oil, gas burns the hottest of all most all fuels.

Battery replacement after 1000 / 1500 full charges (4 to 7 years) can cost about $10,000 per auto.

You may not need a oil change very often with electric cars and the motors may be a lot less expensive to make over a gas powered car.

The weight may be about the same for gas and eclectic cars, depending a lot of how much the battery weighs, but some electric cars weight is a lot less then big gas motor cars.

Last edited:

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
hybrid is the way to go....

could run like a direct drive with van running in idle......
to power the 120 volt system....

this is coming because a lot of guys in the field need to power tools and other ;equipment.....

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Just dont buy into the saving the planet thing.
This, absolutely. I truly believe that moving to electric over fossil fuel is the right way to go, but break down the "eco footprint" cost of driving gas vs electric, and it's about the same. The CO output to generate the electricity offsets it. The power required to stream a movie on netflix is equal to driving the average car for an hour, to give some perspective. More efficient vehicles doesn't mean much from an environmental perspective if the means to produce the growing power demands still involves burning oil and gas and coal.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
This, absolutely. I truly believe that moving to electric over fossil fuel is the right way to go, but break down the "eco footprint" cost of driving gas vs electric, and it's about the same. The CO output to generate the electricity offsets it. The power required to stream a movie on netflix is equal to driving the average car for an hour, to give some perspective. More efficient vehicles doesn't mean much from an environmental perspective if the means to produce the growing power demands still involves burning oil and gas and coal.
There's a balance. Not all can go electric or the scale falls the other way as far as enviromental impact. And this includes mining the materials. But for those who flat out commute from a to b daily. Its definitely an justifiable option. I think its rediculous when i see some cubical gopher show up to work in a 4 door f350 dually 8' bed. Just to go sit behind a desk pushing buttons and sucking ass and kissing coffee. But hey, if they want to contribute to the road tax lol for now let em. If i were a pencil pusher ide be driving the most basic economy ride that i could find. No more class 3 or 4 registration either. But i carry tools and materials so i need the guzzlers. These also dont go grocery shopping. I go to jobs and thats it. Ill take my wifes car for simple errands.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
They burn trash here. Where i dump C&D they take some of that to the trash to steam plant to burn. They kind of half ass sort it into train cars then sell it. Now that right there is a business smh. Cash in and cash out! What they do with bricks idk. Fyi if you paint block concrete or brick. It costs more to dump. It cant go to recrush or fill. Because they presume its lead base. So... dont paint bricks around your house lol.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
There's a balance. Not all can go electric or the scale falls the other way as far as enviromental impact. And this includes mining the materials. But for those who flat out commute from a to b daily. Its definitely an justifiable option. I think its rediculous when i see some cubical gopher show up to work in a 4 door f350 dually 8' bed. Just to go sit behind a desk pushing buttons and sucking ass and kissing coffee. But hey, if they want to contribute to the road tax lol for now let em. If i were a pencil pusher ide be driving the most basic economy ride that i could find. No more class 3 or 4 registration either. But i carry tools and materials so i need the guzzlers. These also dont go grocery shopping. I go to jobs and thats it. Ill take my wifes car for simple errands.
Same. My van is for work. Suburban for going into the woods camping. My wife has a prius, I'll use that for errands around town. Also nice on road trips. 1500 miles going to see family for Christmas only cost $80 in gas. That would be about $300 in the van and $400 in the suburban.

I have a neighbor with ford just like the one described, drives it 5 minutes to work everyday to sit at a desk for 8 hours and drive back. Says he needs it for the winter weather. Makes me laugh. My wife commutes further for school in the same weather in her little Prius, no problems. Lol! Whatever makes you happy.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Same. My van is for work. Suburban for going into the woods camping. My wife has a prius, I'll use that for errands around town. Also nice on road trips. 1500 miles going to see family for Christmas only cost $80 in gas. That would be about $300 in the van and $400 in the suburban.

I have a neighbor with ford just like the one described, drives it 5 minutes to work everyday to sit at a desk for 8 hours and drive back. Says he needs it for the winter weather. Makes me laugh. My wife commutes further for school in the same weather in her little Prius, no problems. Lol! Whatever makes you happy.
Lol thats how he justified it. I used to go offroading all the time. A mid size 4x4 suv or jeep will kick a pickup trucks ass in the snow. That empty bed makes the rear wheels useless. And tge front is doing all the work. The little guys with slightly oversized tires float over it.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

You know the other problem with the 4x4 monster? It can be all diffs locked, 4 lo, 55" tires and be stuck just like the rest of us. Because not everyone has 4x. So you sit and wait as they block the road in front of you lol. I got chains. 4x4 is nice. But you can make it without it.