Thanks Mytee | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Thanks Mytee

Vinnie

Jun 23, 2008
New Jersey
Yea, but I said I'm sure that LFC would lie to say thank you. You know with all the luck he has had with the mach. he has from mytee.

Timothy

Aug 14, 2010
KENTUCKY
Real Name
Timothy Jackson
Business Location
United States
Yeah I feel bad for him and wish him better luck.

CCruz

Aug 5, 2012
Real Name
Carlos De La Cruz
Todd, It's a check valve. And it's there to ensure that none of the hot water coming out of my LG goes into the fresh water tank of my M5. As I'm sure you already know, the M5's pump is not designed to have boiling hot water run through it. So it's set up so the M5 delivers the water under pressure to the LG heater where it's heated and then continues on to my wand or Rotovac. The check valve prevents the hot water from backing up into the M5's fresh water tank and messing up my pump.
JimSteam and Jan Sullins told me how to do this set up as they have the experience with these things. Johnny
All of this is so dang technical to me. Why would you modify a machine that was built to do a job a certain way? I dont get it...:confused:

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
He's modding it so that he can run the porty from a stationary position, with the addition of heat, from an LG inline heater.

So basically, he's pulling up to a job, running hose from the truck to the inside, and he has HOT water.

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Damn I must have hit a bad day at mytee then, I ordered everything I needed to convert to mytee lynx cuffs and They gave me a completely wrong part to fit a 1 1/4 hose? and then a used beat up cuff with a huge ball of dirty carpet lint inside of it too ? IDK everyone talks so good about them now I am kind of scared. Plus contacting them was kind of hard to figure out as no numbers are on the website thank god it was on the receipt.

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Joe,
I'm sure John LaBarbera will get you taken care of. I do agree they should make their phone number easier to get.
After dealing with companies who purposely hide their numbers it kind of made me feel "insecure" and it seriously sucks waiting on parts now I have to wait til Monday to get it re-shipped. Oh well such is life! haha

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
After dealing with companies who purposely hide their numbers it kind of made me feel "insecure" and it seriously sucks waiting on parts now I have to wait til Monday to get it re-shipped. Oh well such is life! haha

You mean like GOOGLE?

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Google, Intuit Go Payment, Paypal, Yahoo, Basically any company to whom you subscribe!

To anyone who uses go payment just try to cancel hahaha I dare ya! took me 2 hours on the phone, two faxes, three letters and a certified letter from my attorney to get it done!

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Google, Intuit Go Payment, Paypal, Yahoo, Basically any company to whom you subscribe!

I guess this is the direction the world is going towards.

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Update!

Mytee thank you! The order was corrected quickly and to my satisfaction. On Rob Allen's recommendation and I switched completely out to your cuffs and so far I'm very happy! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
This is kinda cool, I have a old shop vac I use for edging and small clean ups. I swapped out the crappy pressure connections and modified it to use mytee lynx cuffs and I'm loving it! And it so happens the wand can easily be connected using 1.5 or 2 inch hoses talk about opening up a huge window of flexibility!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357876970.351400.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357876988.367580.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Okay, so here's is why the breakage was my fault. I added a piece onto the solution QD that added about 10" to it. Here's the picture

And another with it attached,

I was trying to turn my M5 around in my truck with it all hooked up and hit the extended piece into the shell. I didn't notice it and kept pushing it really hard and crack, this happened.

So there you have it. I broke my Mytee M5 due to my neglect and after having modified it.

Also would like to note, I was just trying to give a thanks to Mytee. The Bentley wand that was given to me was when I had maybe a 100 posts under my belt. So I do not believe I was given it because I was a big poster. I had just made a post about looking for a used wand to buy and John LaBarbera helped me out.
The call I made after I broke my M5 was to someone who works for Mytee and not John. Does not know who I am nor care. As for all the other stuff John LaBarbera has done, only he knows why, not I.
I do know that he pays to advertise here and we all benefit from that. Johnny
Holy Hell, Johnny Lightning! You are the Protuberance King, with large machines sticking off the front of your van, penil-like extensions hanging off your M5 etc. You must be hung like a donkey but make sure you keep that a secret or Brett "Tranny Fanny" Sabre might get excited.