The Amazing Benefits of Himalayan Pink Salt | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

The Amazing Benefits of Himalayan Pink Salt

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Have you heard about the amazing Himalayan crystal salt that comes directly from the Himalayan Mountains? It is packed with some pretty amazing benefits and is an amazing new staple to add to your pantry. It is an absolutely wonderful alternative to table salt, and soon I’ll explain why.
The History

First of all, what makes Himalayan crystal salt so amazing? About 200 million years ago, there were crystallized sea salt beds that were covered with lava. Being kept in this untouched, pristine environment that has been surrounded with snow and ice for so many years means that the salt has been protected from modern day pollution. Many people believe that this pink salt from the Himalayas is the purest salt that can be found on the planet.

Minerals & Energy
Himalayan Salt contains the same 84 trace minerals and elements that are found in the human body, that alone is quite impressive! A few of these minerals include: sodium chloride, sulphate, calcium, potassium and magnesium. When using this salt, you are actually getting less sodium intake per serving than regular table salt because it is less refined and the pieces are larger. Therefore Himalayan salt has less sodium per serving because the crystals or flakes take up less room than the highly processed table salt variety. Another cool thing about this salt is that because of its cellular structure it stores vibrational energy. The minerals in this salt exist in colloidal form, which means that they are small enough for our cells to easily absorb.

What Exactly Are The Benefits?
Some of the benefits that you can expect by consuming this salt in place of regular table salt include:

• Aiding in vascular health
  • Supporting healthy lungs and respiratory function
  • Promoting a stable pH balance within the cells
  • Reducing the signs of aging
  • Promoting healthy sleep patterns
  • Increasing libido
  • Prevents muscle cramps
  • Increases hydration
  • Strengthen bones
  • Lowers blood pressure
  • Improves circulation
  • Detoxifying the body of heavy metals
Comparing Himalayan Salt To Other Salts
Sea Salt

While still a better choice than table salt, sea salt is becoming increasingly over processed and let’s face it, our oceans are becoming more and more polluted each year, just think about the massive oils spills that have occurred. Because of the pristine conditions that the pink salt is kept in, it is said to be the purest salt available today.

Table Salt

Regular, commercial table salt is completely stripped of the majority of its minerals with the exception of sodium and chloride. It is then bleached, cleaned with chemicals and then heated at extremely high temperatures. The iodine that is added to table salt is almost always synthetic which is difficult for our bodies to properly take in. It is treated with anti-caking agents, which prevents the salt from dissolving in water and in the salt container. These agents then prevent the salt from absorbing in our own bodies, which leads to a build up and deposit within the organs. This can cause severe health problems. Studies have shown that for each gram of table salt that is consumed that the body cannot process, your body will use 20 TIMES the amount of cellular water to neutralize the amount of sodium chloride that is present in this chemically treated salt.

This is large in part of how salt has gotten such a bad name. It is not necessarily salt that is unhealthy for us, it is refined table salt that is inferior for our health. Aside from that, many of us are consuming way too much processed food. These foods contain astronomical amounts of salt, and it isn’t the good kind. It’s not about limiting our amount of salt; it’s about consuming more natural, homemade whole foods. This way we can add salt while cooking or sprinkle some on our meals without having to worry about high blood pressure and so on.

You should be able to find this amazing Himalayan Crystal Salt at your local health food store, or easily online!

Much Love

Sources:

http://fitlife.tv/10-amazing-benefits-of-pink-himalayan-salt/

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/himalayan-crystal-salt-benefits/

http://www.himalayanlivingsalt.com/salt_facts.htm

http://authoritynutrition.com/how-much-sodium-per-day/

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/02/19/the-amazing-benefits-of-himalayan-pink-salt/

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I bought some a couple of weeks ago. Makes my water taste awesome like Perrier water.

The stuff is potent though. Like a half a teaspoon in a gallon of carbonated water is too strong.

It's also fun watching the gallon of carbonated water 'explode' after you add that salt to it!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I bought some a couple of weeks ago. Makes my water taste awesome like Perrier water.

The stuff is potent though. Like a half a teaspoon in a gallon of carbonated water is too strong.

It's also fun watching the gallon of carbonated water 'explode' after you add that salt to it!
Where do you get it?

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I got some at my local Meijer's store, it a big store though.
If you can ask your local smaller market manager, they may get some, I asked for organic sugar once and they got it, I see a lot of verities of organic sugars now.
I would guess a health food store has some on the shelf.

Note, It was hard find the Himalayan salt as it was the only brand that was almost gone, I had to reach all the way in the back of a two foot wide shelf.

What's good about this is, if you do not eat a lot of salty snacks, you need salt when you work and CC is work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Krall

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States

Mike, You really drink carbonated water with salt? Never heard of that.

I know when I first tasted the Himalayan salt, It was not that strong, my thought with out reading that it has less sodium then refined salt.

I got it for the trace minerals, cuz I do not take vitamins any more as vitamins cost to much of my budget... but if I could, I would get these.
Every Man®’s One Daily 40 + Multi

Whole-Food Complexed Multivitamin for
Prostate, Heart & Vision Health*
Available in 24, 48, 72 and 96 tablet sizes

• Made with organic vegetables & herbs
  • Formulated specifically for the needs of men over 40
  • Convenient one a day dosage

I use to take these here, I would only take half the recommended dose.

Every Man® Multivitamin

Whole-Food Complexed Multivitamins for
Stress, Heart & Immune Support*
Available in 24, 48, 72, and 120 tablet sizes

Best prices I found, I use to buy them from here a lot.
http://www.iherb.com/New-Chapter-40-Every-Man-II-Multivitamin-96-Tablets/23314#p=2&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=new chapter&rc=81&sr=null&ic=29

Last edited:

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Mike, You really drink carbonated water with salt? Never heard of that.

I know when I first tasted the Himalayan salt, It was not that strong, my thought with out reading that it has less sodium then refined salt.

I got it for the trace minerals, cuz I do not take vitamins any more as vitamins cost to much of my budget... but if I could, I would get these.
Every Man®’s One Daily 40 + Multi

Whole-Food Complexed Multivitamin for
Prostate, Heart & Vision Health*
Available in 24, 48, 72 and 96 tablet sizes

• Made with organic vegetables & herbs
  • Formulated specifically for the needs of men over 40
  • Convenient one a day dosage

I use to take these here, I would only take half the recommended dose.

Every Man® Multivitamin

Whole-Food Complexed Multivitamins for
Stress, Heart & Immune Support*
Available in 24, 48, 72, and 120 tablet sizes

Best prices I found, I use to buy them from here a lot.
http://www.iherb.com/New-Chapter-40-Every-Man-II-Multivitamin-96-Tablets/23314#p=2&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=new chapter&rc=81&sr=null&ic=29
Try some Pierre water it's delious. It's not the salt I'm after its the minerals. So a pinch or two of the pink stuff adds a lot of flavor just like Pierre.

I have high blood pressure so I don't put salt on anything. So when I say it's strong maybe it won't be to you guys, I'm just sensitive to it. When I put the half a teaspoon to gallon of water it tasted like sea water to me.

Greg, I reread your post and see that you said the pink salt was not that strong. Wow our taste buds must be at other ends of the earth or there's different types of this pink salt?

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Try some Pierre water it's delious. It's not the salt I'm after its the minerals. So a pinch or two of the pink stuff adds a lot of flavor just like Pierre.

I have high blood pressure so I don't put salt on anything. So when I say it's strong maybe it won't be to you guys, I'm just sensitive to it. When I put the half a teaspoon to gallon of water it tasted like sea water to me.

Greg, I reread your post and see that you said the pink salt was not that strong. Wow our taste buds must be at other ends of the earth or there's different types of this pink salt?
Did you get it from amazon?

I never put salt on food.
Maybe it is the salted butter I use.
O well- have you ever tasted salt in Celery? I have, so that's how little salt I add to my food.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Sea Salt, Himalayan salt and a short word on iodine!

Salt is essential for life.

To produce sea salt you evaporate off the sea water. In the process the iodine is lost so you can’t rely on sea salt for your iodine supplies. Sea salt contains traces of minerals like magnesium, calcium and traces of other minerals. You need it from clean oceans to be best for you. There is some concern about where to get your salt from as Celtic Sea Salt sometimes comes from near shipping lanes and the New Zealand salts Marlborough way occasionally get arsenic levels increased in the local kelp plants so which salt do you use? Mostly our NZ waters should be pretty good one would think.There are some good sea salts you can try.

Biotrace do a liquid spray salt called FortiSalt that you can spray on your salad and their Concentrated Mineral Drops are free from aluminium and toxic metals - rich in boron, selenium and magnesium as well as some sodium so a good pick - you will see the CMD label in Harvest and IE and other wholefood stores.

Most salts are basically sodium chloride. Iodine is present in kelp (very rich) and wakame and the sea vegetable “bladder wrack” also contains iodine.

Fish like herring, sardines and salmon do have some iodine in them too. Fennel, spinach, garlic and carrot all have traces of iodine.

Kelp is the most concentrated per volume or weight for iodine. If you overdo it you’ll notice your heart rate increase and metabolism shoot up.

Himalayan salt when you read about it seems to be great in that it has 84 key trace elements for your health. It is marketed as coming from a non-polluted source deep in the Himalayan mountains. My Biotrace source Robin mentioned it actually comes from a rock salt mine in Pakistan at the foot of the Himalayas so that is interesting.

The analysis has some traces of aluminium,lead and some toxic metals as well as lots of good trace minerals so I guess any mineral or rock salt runs the risk of having some traces of aluminium and similar. Below is the analysis I was sent by Robin Day from Biotrace re the contents of the Himalayan salt.

Himalayan Crystal Salt - Chemical Analysis
1. Aluminium (Al) 0.45 ppm 2. Antimony (Sb) 2.27 ppm 3. Arsenic (As) <0.5 ppm
4. Barium (Ba) 0.18 ppm 5. Beryllium (Be) <0.1 ppm 6. Bismuth (Bl <0.1 ppm
7. Boron (B) <0.1 ppm 8. Bromine (Br) 4.76 ppm 9. Cadmium (Cd) 0.13 ppm
10. Calcium (Ca) 1380 ppm 11. Carbon (C) 68.0 ppm 12. Cerium (Ce) 1.87 ppm
13. Caesium (Cs) 0.82 ppm 14. Chloride (Cl) 598,000
ppm 15. Chromium (Cr) 0.191 ppm
16. Cobalt (Co) <0.1 ppm 17. Copper (Cu) 0.69 ppm 18. Dysprosium (Dy) <0.1 ppm
19. Erbium (Er) 0.219 ppm 20. Europium (Eu) <0.1
ppm 21. Fluoride (F) 7.22 ppm
22. Gadolinium (Gd) 1.72
ppm 23. Gallium (Ga) 1.65 ppm 24. Germanium (Ge) 0.39 ppm
25. Gold (Au) <0.1 ppm 26. Hafnium (Hf) <0.1 ppm 27. Holmium (Ho) <0.1 ppm
28. Indium (In) <0.1 ppm 29. Iodine ( I ) 1.42 ppm 30. Iridium (Ir) <0.05 ppm
31. Iron (Fe) 14.2 ppm 32. Lanthanum (La) <0.1
ppm 33. Lead (Pb) 0.07 ppm
34. Lithium (Li) 0.59 ppm 35. Lutetium (Lu) <0.1 ppm 36. Magnesium (Mg) 20,100
ppm
37. Manganese (Ma) <0.1
ppm
38. Mercury (Hg) <0.02
ppm 39. Molybdenum (Mo) <0.1 ppm
40 Neodymium (Nd) <0.1
ppm 41. Nickel (Ni) <0.1 ppm 42. Niobium (Nb) <0.1 ppm
43. Osmium (Os <0.05 ppm 44. Palladium (Pd <0.05
ppm 45. Phosphorus (P) <0.5 ppm
46. Platinum (Pt) <0.05 ppm 47. Potassium (K) 2900 ppm 48. Praseodymium (Pr) 0.19 ppm
49. Rhenium (Re) <0.1 ppm 50. Rhodium (Rh) <0.05
ppm 51. Rubidium (Rb) 7.99 ppm
52. Ruthenium (Ru) <0.1
ppm
53. Samarium (Sm) 3.87
ppm 54. Scandium (Sc) <0.1 ppm
55. Selenium (Se) <0.05 ppm 56. Silicon (Si) 10.7 ppm 57. Silver (Ag) 0.063 ppm
58. Sodium (Na) 374,000
ppm 59. Strontium (Sr) 6.98 ppm 60. Sulfur (S) 1680 ppm
61. Tantalum (Ta) 0.53 ppm 62. Tellurium (Te) <0.1 ppm 63. Terbium (Tb) <0.1 ppm
64. Thallium (Tl) 0.69 ppm 65. Thorium (Th) <0.1 ppm 66. Thulium (Tm) <0.1 ppm
67. Tin (Sn) <0.1 ppm 68. Titanium (Ti) 0.38 ppm 69. Tungsten (W) <0.1 ppm
70. Vanadium (V) 8.78 ppm 71. Ytterbium (Yb) <0.05
ppm 72. Yttrium (Y) <0.05 ppm
73. Zinc (Zu) 4.92 ppm 74. Zirconium (Zr) 0.48 ppm

Helium, Argon, Neon, Krypton, Xenon, Radon, Technetium and Promethium could not be
included in this specific test analysis. In order to trace these elements, one needs an extremely
sophisticated and costly analysis.

Himalayan salt health properties are listed as helping you:

• Control blood sugar
  • Digest food – chloride helps with hydrochloric acid
  • Hormonal especially adrenal health
  • Keep respiratory health
  • Helps prevent muscle cramps
  • Helps bone health
  • Helps you regulate water content and pH in your body
  • Helps regulate your blood pressure along with water

Dr Mercola does a great short video about salt here if you’d like to know more…
http://products.mercola.com/himalayan-salt/

I guess the key thing is to try find clean salts. Premier Research Laboratory PRL does a clean salt from under the Mediterranean Sea, but it is expensive. "Premier Pink Salt" from clean sources.

Normal table salt sometimes has aluminium or ferrous cyanide in it to keep it flowing “anti-caking” agents or has been chemically cleaned at high temperatures. So avoid these and go for one of the health giving salts dried by natural evaporation from your whole food stores and keep up some iodine too.

There was fear about salt and high blood pressure, but if you are generally healthy and drink water then using plenty of salt in the form of sea salts or Himalayan salts is fine. The highly processed table salts are not good when taken too much.

So sprinkle some salt from clean local waters when you can or the Fortisip spray salt to add flavour to your foods and your adrenal glands and body will love it! The body can detox a certain amount of trace toxins, but ideally we are not adding more to the food so try the cleaner salts as per the above and don't stress too much - the body needs salts. You can do salt baths using the Fortisip Spray salt from Biotrace or spray it on your salads over summer!

http://www.aucklandholisticcentre.co.nz/Holistic-Medicine-Holistic-Doctor-Auckland/sea-salt-himalayan-salt-and-a-short-word-on-iodine.html

Last edited:

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
How can salt contain 25% sodium? Shouldn't it be 100%?

Shouldn't sea salts also contain shrimp, brine, lobster, prawn and whale?

How much sodium is in bath salts?

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States

Table Salt

Table salt is the most common kind of salt found in the average kitchen. It usually comes from salt mines and once mined, it is refined and most minerals are removed until it is pure sodium chloride. Most table salt is available either plain or iodized.

American table salt manufacturers began iodizing salt in the 1920's, in cooperation with the government, after people in some parts of the country were found to be suffering from goiter, an enlargement of the thyroid gland caused by an easily-preventable iodine deficiency. Sea Salt contains natural iodine, thus non is added.

http://thegreenlivingcenter.com/node/142

Reactions: Mike Krall

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States

590 mg is 25% of Daly value

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Here are the relative densities of a few common types of salt you'll find:

• Table Salt: small-grained cubes. 10 ounces/280 grams per cup.
  • Morton's Kosher Salt: small flakes. 8 ounces/225 grams per cup.
  • Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt: wide flakes. 5 ounces/140 grams per cup.
  • Maldon Sea Salt: Large, flaky pyramids. 4 ounces/115 grams per cup.
  • Fleur de Sel: Large crystals. 8 ounces/225 grams per cup
Thus if a recipe calls for Diamond Crystal Kosher (as most of our recipes do) and all you've got is table salt on hand, you'll have to halve the amount by volume to get similar end results.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/03/ask-the-food-lab-do-i-need-to-use-kosher-salt.html

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Did you get it from amazon?

I never put salt on food.
Maybe it is the salted butter I use.
O well- have you ever tasted salt in Celery? I have, so that's how little salt I add to my food.
Yeah Greg I bought mine from Amazon with the link I showed Rob.

I can taste a faint amount in celery. Those can soups with 40% salt make me want to puke.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I would not consume a lot of the mineral salt, maybe a few grams a week.
There maybe a reason table salt is refined, all minerals removed, and iodine added.
To much of them minerals may not be so great as some seen a bit toxic in high doses.
Most of the minerals are really good for you too.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I would not consume a lot of the mineral salt, maybe a few grams a week.
There maybe a reason table salt is refined, all minerals removed, and iodine added.
To much of them minerals may not be so great as some seen a bit toxic in high doses.
Most of the minerals are really good for you too.
Are you talking about the Himalayan salt Greg?

I can't imagine a few grams a week will give the health benefits you listed.