The best chemicals | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

The best chemicals

tonybarajas

Jan 5, 2017
Real Name
Tony Barajas
I'm new on the carpet cleaning business, I'm having trouble finding good chemicals, any suggestions or websites were I can buy good quality?

What is the best brand of chemicals?

Thanks for the recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

raw74

Mar 21, 2011
ga
Real Name
reggie
Business Location
United States
I'm new on the carpet cleaning business, I'm having trouble finding good chemicals, any suggestions or websites were I can buy good quality?

What is the best brand of chemicals?

Thanks for the recommendations.

Try Jon Don and Interlink supply

Sent from my SM-G930V using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: aloha one

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Very little difference from one major company to the next.
Learn as much as you can about cleaning strategies before you buy a bunch of crap that is essentially the same shit.

Most presprays do the same thing.
They make water wetter and emulsify oily soils.
Get a high ph prespray
Get a good prespray for wool
Get a good low ph rinse
Get a good fine cotton detergent for white cotton
Get some scotchgard
Get a few assorted spotting agents (maybe a kit)
Get an acid for tile
Get an alkali for tile

You'll rarely need more than the above

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Bridgepoint has been an industry standard for decades. Their products are well-known throughout the world and are used by companies across the globe both large and small.

CTI/Pros Choice are top names in spotters, and produce many innovative products year after year.

Prochem and MasterBlend are slightly more expensive than other brands, but guys who use them swear by them and stick with them despite their higher price.

Newline is a fairly new company, comparatively speaking, but their focus is concentration - if you use 16 oz of your usual prespray concentrate, Newline's products will only call for 4-8 oz instead. Many of my local guys switch to Newline when they're dealing with large quantities.

There are many smaller companies who produce chemicals for the industry, but just like garage-build truckmounts it can be hit or miss. Some are excellent, some are merely knock-offs of other products under a different name. The thing to look for is consistency and product support.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
There are several good national manufacturers. Tehre are a couple of great ones. Some smaller companies have one or two excellent products but not the full range you might need.

Go with a well known company, don't go for cheap. Anybody making chemicals in their garage can add more water and make a cheaper product.

Bottom line in my opinion, you can clean carpets and get good results with any of the national brands.

Don't spend too many hours choosing a product. FOCUS ON SELLING YOUR SERVICES AND DELIVERING A GREAT CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE IF YOU WANT YOUR BUSINESS TO BE A SUCCESS.

Oh, yes, do try Interlink Supply fo whatever you need, Birdgepoint, Groom Solutions,Hydro-Force, Prochem and other major brands are all available.

Reactions: admin

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
If your near a Harvard Chemical Research dealer I'd recommend for you prespray on residential either grime release pro or enzyme prespray. I switched more to enzyme prespray because it seems to last longer. If you do commercial use their citra zov with de zov all powder. It's a good high pH spray that also works on nasties. Their extreme extraction rinse is a good product for high heat mounts but if you use a portable their premium extraction is better for portable cleaning. Red stains is their stain blaster, rust is their rust remover, and de zov all is a good spotter for everything else. I'm sure their are some other things I'm leaving out.

Sent from my XT1254 using TMF Forums mobile app

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I know of a few good chempsec products too. Their 77 is a good extraction rinse and their TLC is a good prespray. Ive never used it but supposedly their enz all is great stuff.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Bridgepoint has been an industry standard for decades. Their products are well-known throughout the world and are used by companies across the globe both large and small.

CTI/Pros Choice are top names in spotters, and produce many innovative products year after year.

Prochem and MasterBlend are slightly more expensive than other brands, but guys who use them swear by them and stick with them despite their higher price.

Newline is a fairly new company, comparatively speaking, but their focus is concentration - if you use 16 oz of your usual prespray concentrate, Newline's products will only call for 4-8 oz instead. Many of my local guys switch to Newline when they're dealing with large quantities.

There are many smaller companies who produce chemicals for the industry, but just like garage-build truckmounts it can be hit or miss. Some are excellent, some are merely knock-offs of other products under a different name. The thing to look for is consistency and product support.
Could you give me more information on good Masterblend products. I wanna try their stuff eventually. Especially an alk extraction rinse.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Could you give me more information on good Masterblend products. I wanna try their stuff eventually. Especially an alk extraction rinse.

Most of my local peeps use MB specifically for their specialty products - Oriental Rug Shampoo, Urine Lock, Skunk Out, Ultimate and Ultimate UV protectants, and SoapFree. They also have excellent red removers, including their Magic Stain & Dye Remover (use with extreme caution, this stuff packs a dangerous punch!).

Harvard also makes a great many private-label products, their chemistry is quite sound. I've heard varying reports on the consistency of their concentrations, but I haven't seen any concrete proof of huge variances.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Most of my local peeps use MB specifically for their specialty products - Oriental Rug Shampoo, Urine Lock, Skunk Out, Ultimate and Ultimate UV protectants, and SoapFree. They also have excellent red removers, including their Magic Stain & Dye Remover (use with extreme caution, this stuff packs a dangerous punch!).

Harvard also makes a great many private-label products, their chemistry is quite sound. I've heard varying reports on the consistency of their concentrations, but I haven't seen any concrete proof of huge variances.
Have you heard anything about MB's master rinse I believe. 10 PH and suppose to leave the carpets soft and luxurious..... Yeah I heard that concentration thing too, but have never seen it. I buy 5 gallon buckets and shook it up then poured it into gallon jugs. Once everything settled, they all looked the same to me. When I toured Harvard's facility, they had top notch equipment too. I just don't see that being an issue.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
That particular product, I've heard no feedback on, nor have I used it myself, so alas I'm not going to be much help.

Reactions: Cameron RDS

mustangcarpet

Jun 19, 2014
Arizona
Real Name
Justin V
If your near a Harvard Chemical Research dealer I'd recommend for you prespray on residential either grime release pro or enzyme prespray. I switched more to enzyme prespray because it seems to last longer. If you do commercial use their citra zov with de zov all powder. It's a good high pH spray that also works on nasties. Their extreme extraction rinse is a good product for high heat mounts but if you use a portable their premium extraction is better for portable cleaning. Red stains is their stain blaster, rust is their rust remover, and de zov all is a good spotter for everything else. I'm sure their are some other things I'm leaving out.

You ever try Harvard skunk out?