The Best Portable ETM Ever Designed - Eletric Truck Mount Portable | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
This is the best of all portable concepts ever designed, my opinion. You have to know the latest in technology with portable carpet cleaning extractors to fully understand the idea.

Well, I guess if you use the air flow regulator and three vacuum motors, set up like this, 2 in parallel by 1 in series sucking on the exhausts of the two front vacuum motors.

Each vacuum motor has it own motorized ball valve that will open when a switch is on and close when the switch is turned off as long as a power cord still plug in.
What the idea is, is a 2 x 1 vacuum motor set up with the airflow regulator.

Now, if all three vac motors are in one box.
When each vacuum motor is turned on, it will also open the air chamber or valve, with small motorized, 2" valves, or manual valves, on the intake side of the vacuum motor.
This is what a user can do:

If the user wants a series setup for max lift, just turn on any one of the front vacuum motors and then the back end booster motor. This will have Max lift using two motors.

If the user wanted max CFMs, the user turns on the front two vacuum motors. This will have Max CFMs using two vacuum motors.

If the user had a long hose run, the user may want Max CFMs and Max Lift all at the same time. Turn on all three vacuum motors.

And the user may want a 1,200 PSI adjustable pump with 2.5 gallons per minute solution flow or better.

4 cords, 60 amps max. With options to using only two cords, or three cords or with adjustable pump on lowest PSI setting, maybe one 20 amp cord, depending on the waste pump out motor.

Depending on the electric vacuum motors used, as in the top rated motors of today, you can have 235" of water lift and 284 CFM in one system.

Nice !!!! portable :)

Concepts and Innovations by Gregory Schreiber

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Krall

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Understand Ball Valves Video.

Also, when the vacuum motor turns on, no air flow so it is a soft start on power consumed and it also will not matter if you have two vacuum motors running in series and turn on the last motor in front. It will not cause your system to blow a fuse.

c02dave

Feb 6, 2014
It's time to build a well made system or give it up CCWorks

I understand what your shooting for, I also know its not necessary. If your going 60 amps escape, goliath and others got it covered.

If you wanna adequately and reliably clean there are many 2 vac machines that are great.

The market you are looking for I believe you will find doesn't exist. There's I need to adequately clean guys, I want the biggest and baddest guys, portys are for chumps guys, but never heard of an I want something in between guys.

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Like Gerdy said try it and get back to us. Here is a electronic air flow regulator. Duck tape it in and give it a try and let us know how it works. :). Your motorized ball valves may be better. Personally I would just use a manual ball valve but that is just me.

Reactions: CCWorks

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
This here is the Air Flow Regulator Explained.
I also invented this device.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I see a big market for this type of system. It would work very well in malls, schools, office buildings, hotels and maintenance workers.
The reason is the 50 foot to 150 foot hose reach.
At 60 amps max, 120 volts, a system of power can be easily located or installed near the maintenance room.

Most portable extractors do not have 1,200 psi or over 2 gallons of water flow per minute, high water flow flushes out soils.

So replace the high PSI pump with a lower PSI pump, this may take 10 amps from the max amp draw on the system, but you would have lower water flow and PSI.
Plus when the vacuum motors are under load when cleaning, they too will lose 1.5 to 2.5 amps each.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Ross

Banned
Feb 21, 2015
Real Name
Mike Ross
Depending on the electric vacuum motors used, as in the top rated motors of today, you can have 235" of water lift and 284 CFM in one system.

Nice !!!! portable :)

Concepts and Innovations by Gregory Schreiber
You can't have 235" of water (17.28 In Hg) and 284 CFM at the same time with your ETM concept. It is physically impossible.

By adding the 2 x 1 vac setup, what you are doing is using the +1 vac motor as a check valve. This motor is rated for app. 100 CFM. (the most air it can physically handle)

Therefore, by introducing a series configuration to your dual parallel setup, you gain lift, but reduce CFM.

You can combine 4, 5, 6 vac motors in parallel (400,500,600 CFM sounds great on paper)... but as soon as you introduce a series configuration, the MAX CFM is limited by how much air the last Vac motor in your arrangement can pass through it (give or take a few CFM's.)

To introduce expensive motorized ball valves into the flawed system...(notice they are not full port by the way)- is more of a novice playing with Lego's than a ETM designer.

I watched your check valve video and found it interesting. The main thing that caught my eye is when the flow meter came apart and you had to stop testing to reattach it and duct tape it back together, the exit orifice hose size was reduced to 1 1/4 or there about- why did you do that when you were running 2" hose... so you wouldn't blow a fuse is my guess- you added restriction to allow for the vac motors to draw less amps. Remember you were testing CFM's on the exhaust side to get a real world number. By simple math, restricting three vac motors in any arrangement will increase exit velocity and produce results that are skewed in the CFM's favor which is how you claim 235" of water at 284 CFM in the first place.

Anyone can make the numbers fit the situation, Truck Mount manufactures are great at listing MAX Specifications on blower, pump output, heat, etc... but that is like red-lining your car from stoplight to stoplight. You can do it, but for how long until something breaks.

Your check valve air flow regulator is fun to watch, however any real world usable application as it relates to carpet cleaning is minimal at best.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
300 inches of water lift and on the safe side 237 to 240 cfm

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
You can't have 235" of water (17.28 In Hg) and 284 CFM at the same time with your ETM concept. It is physically impossible.

By adding the 2 x 1 vac setup, what you are doing is using the +1 vac motor as a check valve. This motor is rated for app. 100 CFM. (the most air it can physically handle)

Therefore, by introducing a series configuration to your dual parallel setup, you gain lift, but reduce CFM.

You can combine 4, 5, 6 vac motors in parallel (400,500,600 CFM sounds great on paper)... but as soon as you introduce a series configuration, the MAX CFM is limited by how much air the last Vac motor in your arrangement can pass through it (give or take a few CFM's.)

To introduce expensive motorized ball valves into the flawed system...(notice they are not full port by the way)- is more of a novice playing with Lego's than a ETM designer.

I watched your check valve video and found it interesting. The main thing that caught my eye is when the flow meter came apart and you had to stop testing to reattach it and duct tape it back together, the exit orifice hose size was reduced to 1 1/4 or there about- why did you do that when you were running 2" hose... so you wouldn't blow a fuse is my guess- you added restriction to allow for the vac motors to draw less amps. Remember you were testing CFM's on the exhaust side to get a real world number. By simple math, restricting three vac motors in any arrangement will increase exit velocity and produce results that are skewed in the CFM's favor which is how you claim 235" of water at 284 CFM in the first place.

Anyone can make the numbers fit the situation, Truck Mount manufactures are great at listing MAX Specifications on blower, pump output, heat, etc... but that is like red-lining your car from stoplight to stoplight. You can do it, but for how long until something breaks.

Your check valve air flow regulator is fun to watch, however any real world usable application as it relates to carpet cleaning is minimal at best.

Did you see this video?
I understand the CFM have to drop about 50% for the water lift to start helping to maintain CMFs when cleaning and increases water lift.
I'm not experienced in truck mount blower systems, but I guess that the blowers also lose a lot of CFMs too, before water lift starts to be helpful in maintaining CFMs at the wand when cleaning carpets. Truck mounts are sometimes over powered for some jobs.
I also claim that the three vacuum motor system will save 30% amps over the current fore vacuum motor set up (2x2) that are used in ETMs today. I also make claims that the 3 vacuum motor system has the same water lift as the 4 vacuum motor system.

Electric vacuum motors are a different type of blower over the TM blowers.

Last edited:

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
will it need a 10 K gen set to run it

Mike Ross

Banned
Feb 21, 2015
Real Name
Mike Ross
300 inches of water lift and on the safe side 237 to 240 cfm

Terry, I love how you use that CFM Anemometer to support your case.... instead of a 4" opening reduced down to 2", use a 6", or 8" down to 2"- you will see the error in your test immediately.

I remember when Joe B was passing out the lift and CFM meter to guys wanting to test their system... I may be mistaken, but didn't he work out the 4" funnel and area conversion too???

Problem is that meter was not designed to be used to accurately test vacuums, It was designed to test positive air flow.

Yet everyone uses the 4" funnel and the .110(area setting)... to make the numbers fit what the vac motor are advertised to do.

Thanks Joe B...

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
IT'S All about THE NUMBERS BABY THE NUMBERS

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
Here we go again round and round

my tribute to AlBerT ClaRke the only one dumb enough to try and make what you guys really wanted
he listened to the collective brain trust of course what he did not know from folks who would never buy anything anyway, but alas

the masterpiece

and it broke his bank and then some and some other folks banks too.

RIP

Reactions: Ed Valentine

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
This here is a concept I thought of. When using a carpet cleaning wand to clean carpet, This shows a modified solution delivery system. The jets are to impact two side of the carpet fiber almost at the same time if the wand is moving with about 400 PSI to 800 PSI.
I want the jets to spray on the sides of the fibers, hoping that the fiber moves so the solution can hit the base of the carpet fiber with out penetrating the carpet backing.
Also, I think as I have not tested, the force should push out sand and soil that gets imbedded in the lower parts of the carpet fibers.
I also think that the flow of solution may build up on the ends. There needs to be small channels that goes from the solution delivery head to the intake vacuum head. The channels are on each end 4 total, to draw the build up of the solution at each end of the wand.

This is the reason I like the 1,200 PSI pumps with over 2.2 solution flow. I think this will clean carpet a lot better then some wands made today.
I also think the rotary carpet cleaning tools need high water flow and some times 500 PSI to get heavily soil carpeting cleaner.

To have fewer solution jets, I found a better jet where 8 jets may cover a 16 inch area or a 16 inch wand, 4 jets spraying one way of the other 4 jets.
As I have not tested , I be almost sure 8 jets can cover a span of the 12 inch wands.
It is also best to use 12" or even 14" wands with high powered portables.
See the jets below.

This here is a water jet, made of plastic and used for underground sprinkling. It is the best image I could find on line to show a better water jet.

If one like this type, like a flood jet with about 1/8 or 1/16 inch opening, enters the chamber on the side instead of the top, using about 1/2 less jets, custom made to apply a even spray on carpet, is probably easier to make and maintain then the original jets I had showing in drawing.

TeeJet - Boomless Spray Nozzles

Last edited:

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
spend some money make it happen