The new TMF Profire and Starfire Truckmounts! (Vids included) | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

The new TMF Profire and Starfire Truckmounts! (Vids included)

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
Thats the manufacturer that shall not be named i was talking about :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Everyone has their likes and dislikes with manufacturers for me it only takes one to sour my opinion, my 870 30+ grand has a little over 500 hours on it and the frame has rust where powder coat has bubbled and flaked (were meticulous about wiping down the machines) randomly blowes white smoke and burns a quart of oil or more between oil changes started doing it about a month out of warranty. Personally i wont own another legend brands product, they look pretty but plastic and truckmounts dont mix well for me id rather have functionality and longevity than pretty
I haven’t heard many bad reviews of the machine, but you cleverly got a bad one. Have you called Legend?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Just because it’s called a “lifetime truckmount” doesn’t mean it will be.
yes but if people are using this brand after 20 years you could call it a lifetime TM...

I am saying this is one of the very few manufacturers that people keep over 20 years and still love them.....

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I haven’t heard many bad reviews of the machine, but you cleverly got a bad one. Have you called Legend?
Ya called and they were decent people about it, said they needed me to take it to a distributor and have it diagnosed, they diagnosed it as a bad pcv valve, however after replacing the pcv valve it still smokes and burns oil. Shouldnt be dealing with any of that with a top tier machine at a little over 500 hours.

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
Ya called and they were decent people about it, said they needed me to take it to a distributor and have it diagnosed, they diagnosed it as a bad pcv valve, however after replacing the pcv valve it still smokes and burns oil. Shouldnt be dealing with any of that with a top tier machine at a little over 500 hours.
You definitely shouldn’t. What motor is in that? Ford?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I’m choosing between the 570 and 575 for that reason... Legend seems to really care about looks.
I own a 575 and couldnt be happier with it, damn good machines

Reactions: mrotto

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
How would that cool the blower under high load?
The silencer is built to sustain water cooling and not deteriorate under a higher than normal moisture level. Water is introduced post intake silencer in quiet mode operation. The older versions used to have a built in drain on them, can't speak for a new ones.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
How would that cool the blower under high load?
roots and maybe tuthill make a blower designed to extract sewage....

\this is the blower ben uses for his prowler....
when water or mist is blown through a blower it causes a greater seal and thus 3-5" more lift

dont know about the cooling ...but thats what i have heard

Reactions: SRD

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
yes but if people are using this brand after 20 years you could call it a lifetime TM...

I am saying this is one of the very few manufacturers that people keep over 20 years and still love them.....
That’s fair. I’ve never been around one. I’ve heard complaints that they don’t have schematics for their machines and their welding is shoddy. I haven’t really heard how they do with performance and heat. I’m sure the stainless build helps a lot.

But at the end of the day, isn’t it the components that give you longevity?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I know alot of people happy with their 870s, guess i just got a bad one lol.

• Sad
Reactions: Jim Davisson

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
at least they are advertising it as a lifetime TM and for the people i know that have had one say they have done very well in the long haul.

Point I am making is I believe the big 3 purposely make there TM to go out so that you will have to buy a new one around 15 years.

Kinda like Apple iphone battery life is about 2 years when the warranty is out so you will buy a new one.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
That’s fair. I’ve never been around one. I’ve heard complaints that they don’t have schematics for their machines and their welding is shoddy. I haven’t really heard how they do with performance and heat. I’m sure the stainless build helps a lot.

But at the end of the day, isn’t it the components that give you longevity?
With robs machine the things that i see that make it a "lifetime machine" is the stainless frame/panel and heat exchangers, the kubota engine, most blowers last forever. So really only thing your gonna have to eventually rebuild is the water pump.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Ya big three if you can keep the components running long enough the frame and waste tanks usually rot out or look bad enough you have to buy a new one. Not an issue if your all stainless

Reactions: Chris K

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
To me stainless just seems like a no brainer for manufacturers i mean our business revolves around water. Water and carbon steel dont mix

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
at least they are advertising it as a lifetime TM and for the people i know that have had one say they have done very well in the long haul.

Point I am making is I believe the big 3 purposely make there TM to go out so that you will have to buy a new one around 15 years.

Kinda like Apple iphone battery life is about 2 years when the warranty is out so you will buy a new one.
I just don’t know if that’s accurate. They use the top brand motors, blower and pumps that other do. Do they somehow dumb those components down to fail in 15 years?

By the way, I’d say 15 years is pretty good. Even at just 500 hours per years, that’s 7500 hours.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
With robs machine the things that i see that make it a "lifetime machine" is the stainless frame/panel and heat exchangers, the kubota engine, most blowers last forever. So really only thing your gonna have to eventually rebuild is the water pump.
Stainless steel head pump with a high temp/run dry seal kit and the right seals in the valves is one tough mug. About $250 to rebuild a cat with the above, I just did one.

Reactions: SRD

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I just don’t know if that’s accurate. They use the top brand motors, blower and pumps that other do. Do they somehow dumb those components down to fail in 15 years?

By the way, I’d say 15 years is pretty good. Even at just 500 hours per years, that’s 7500 hours.
Alot of manufacturers restrict the blower and engine exhaust to create backpressure and generate more heat for the heat exchangers, this in turn shortens the life of those components. If its all free flowing without overly restricting it youll get alot more life out of those components

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
Anyone know how this machine regulates temperature? That honestly worries me on my Hydramaster more than anything else. All those sensors and solenoids freak me out.