Thermal wave ii vortec no pressure! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Thermal wave ii vortec no pressure!

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
Hey guys just bought a used thermal wave ii and its missing the 180 degree thermal valve right under the water box. Long story short I decided to run the machine with out it and test water pump. I turned the heat off so I wouldnt damage the pump. When engaging the water pump I get no pressure reading. I installed a new gauge bc the previous one got damaged in shipping. Machine cuts off after 5 seconds do to no pump pressure. I have determined the clutch works properly bc it does ingagae and spin the pump. Maybe I have it plumbed wrong? Could it be the pressure regulator is bad? I even tried direct feeding the pump with a water hose with pressued turned down really low. The part I'm missing is part number 15 and I dont want to pay 450 for a new one. Can I bypass it?
Screenshot_20191024-221746_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191023-182915_Drive.jpg

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Something in your unloader/BPR is not right. Actual good pictures of your unloaders current plumbing and the factory spec sheet will help troubleshoot your situation. 180° thermo valves can be had for $60... is this a proprietary part, or a cog in the wheel part. Looks pedestrian to me in the spec sheet.

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
Something in your unloader/BPR is not right. Actual good pictures of your unloaders current plumbing and the factory spec sheet will help troubleshoot your situation. 180° thermo valves can be had for $60... is this a proprietary part, or a cog in the wheel part. Looks pedestrian to me in the spec sheet.
Its proprietary but I was looming at thermal relief valves that I may can make work. Its just a valve that opens at a certain temp. I'll get pics of my plumbing 2moro and a vid of it running. I basically have the water hose run right into the water pump and nothing running to the hose coming from the pressure regulator. If you look at the plumbing diagram the I dont have part 15 and I dont have the hose hooked up to the pressure regulator that would go to the water box. Just the feed line to water pump. All the plumbing for the heat echang3s is still hooked up.
Screenshot_20191023-182915_Drive.jpg

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
Also can you point me in the direction of a thermal relief for around 60 bucks? Thanks!

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
Cat pumps make these in various temperature settings, you will have to add additional plumbing to "reroute" effluent in the direction you desire.
Can you attach a picture of that and maybe a diagram of what you mean? This was an option I was looking at but cant quite understand how I would plumb it?
Screenshot_20191024-231111_Drive.jpg

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
Hmm I think that machine has nissan engine similar to 405 right? Maybe your pump is seized up. If that is the case just take the head off the pump and clean everything out. Sometimes the pumps are left with dirty water and the valves get stuck. Its just a matter of taking them out and cleaning but be careful not to scratch or damaged them as you take them out. Also take pictures to remember how they go back in.

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
Or the ceramic plungers might be broken. you'll be able to see them once you take head of pump off. I had a similar issue and tried to feed the pump with a hose and it wouldn't pick up water so I did what i just described and pump is working fine.

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
And yeah those relief valves you can find somewhere else for less. A lot of parts on these machines aren't as proprietary as the manufactures lead you to believe. And if for some reason they don't offer the part for your model you can almost always use from different model might just need to adapt it a little but will work.

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
Figured it out must've been a pretty good clog in the system. I removed the hose that ran to to the regulator from the water pump and it pump water. I also had to bypass my water pressure sensors bc they're both bad. Now it runs and builds pressure no problem

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
Nice! Yeah those sensors always go bad. Mine are bypassed too and not really planning on ever getting them. Did you check conditions on high pressure hoses? Be ready to replace them as they get cooked and brittle and start leaking. Hydraulic shops should be able to do them for you. Just take old one with you for measurements and so they match connectors

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
Nice! Yeah those sensors always go bad. Mine are bypassed too and not really planning on ever getting them. Did you check conditions on high pressure hoses? Be ready to replace them as they get cooked and brittle and start leaking. Hydraulic shops should be able to do them for you. Just take old one with you for measurements and so they match connectors
No I havent really inspected them but they're not leaking at the moment. Awesome I'll do that I rememebe back when I worked at napa years again I made many a hydraulic hose. Ik I recognized those fittings and hoses haha. Also yes my performer didnt have those sensors sk the hell with em.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I think I'd give the manufacturer a call about that thermal valve if I were you. It appears that one is not too easy to come by. The price is way over the top. I haven't seen another one like that with 3 ports. On certain items Jondon jacks the price up crazy high and it's quite possible that has happened here. Also, those valves are repairable, but getting the repair parts is a bit of a pain. The body of those valves will last several lifetimes. You might be able to figure out how to use another one and make it work on your machine hopefully. Cat pump 180's are 55.00 at Jondon I think, but only have 2 ports. The model number of that valve is Rostra 23-030. It sounds like this company does make specific parts for manufacturers so that could be why the price is jacked up so high.

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
I think I'd give the manufacturer a call about that thermal valve if I were you. It appears that one is not too easy to come by. The price is way over the top. I haven't seen another one like that with 3 ports. On certain items Jondon jacks the price up crazy high and it's quite possible that has happened here. Also, those valves are repairable, but getting the repair parts is a bit of a pain. The body of those valves will last several lifetimes. You might be able to figure out how to use another one and make it work on your machine hopefully. Cat pump 180's are 55.00 at Jondon I think, but only have 2 ports. The model number of that valve is Rostra 23-030. It sounds like this company does make specific parts for manufacturers so that could be why the price is jacked up so high.

Good news a guy said had one lating around from his old machine and is sending it to me!

Reactions: wandwizard

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Good news a guy said had one lating around from his old machine and is sending it to me!
Lucky YOU! :D I still would check into possible repair parts. The actual things inside there that make it work are very simple and not difficult to replace. Now finding the parts might take a bit, but if I had that thing I certainly would look. They probably operate through dealerships around the country. The manufacturer might sell the internals direct or at least tell you where you can buy them. As long as you have a water softener on that machine the one you're getting should last several years.

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
Lucky YOU! :D I still would check into possible repair parts. The actual things inside there that make it work are very simple and not difficult to replace. Now finding the parts might take a bit, but if I had that thing I certainly would look. They probably operate through dealerships around the country. The manufacturer might sell the internals direct or at least tell you where you can buy them. As long as you have a water softener on that machine the one you're getting should last several years.
Tell me about it! Lo. Most the distributors I've talked to have directed back to the supplies i.e. legend brands and jon don, overpriced but I will def look into a water softer bc after getting it going the damn thing is full of rust and dirty water so that tells me I really need one!

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
430 bucks for a damn thermal valve, they should be strung up by their nutsacks for that crap absolutelyno way to justify that much money for a piece of brass. Id call Dultmier for a thermal valve and plumb it as needed

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Tell me about it! Lo. Most the distributors I've talked to have directed back to the supplies i.e. legend brands and jon don, overpriced but I will def look into a water softer bc after getting it going the damn thing is full of rust and dirty water so that tells me I really need one!
A water softener will pay for it'self pretty quick in just down time alone and not having to replace parts like that expensive thermal valve. My thermal valves last several times as long since I started using one. I have several other issues with my machine it helped too and not to mention my jets not clogging up hardly ever.

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
A water softener will pay for it'self pretty quick in just down time alone and not having to replace parts like that expensive thermal valve. My thermal valves last several times as long since I started using one. I have several other issues with my machine it helped too and not to mention my jets not clogging up hardly ever.
Yea that ones one big invest I wanted to make sure I got!

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
Will a house water softener yield the same results?