"THIS" does not sound bad!!!

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
So Donald at steambrights Volcano 3600 watt heater will raise my water temp 56 degrees on average.
If I add water at 90 degrees that puts me at 146 degrees!!! Thats fairly conservative too.
Plus my 2000 watt EDIC heater as well! Would I be pushing 170 degrees plus??
Sounds pretty dam good. And thats only a 600.00 plus investment. Vs. a 2100.00 little giant 120 btu heater...
What do you guys think? Then I dont have to build anything! Just plug the bastard in and go to work!!

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
It's all about what you want to accomplish and what you need. Are you taking equipment out of the van/truck or leaving in there? If it's being left in there I would go the little giant route. You could connect to cold water and still get 200+ degree water, you'll have less cords to deal with and less time hunting down separate circuits too. Now if you need to take your equipment inside the building you have no choice but to get an electric heater.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
It's all about what you want to accomplish and what you need. Are you taking equipment out of the van/truck or leaving in there? If it's being left in there I would go the little giant route. You could connect to cold water and still get 200+ degree water, you'll have less cords to deal with and less time hunting down separate circuits too. Now if you need to take your equipment inside the building you have no choice but to get an electric heater.
EXCELLENT ADVICE!!!!! Thank you! Thats where insight comes in and I dont have much....................YET!!!!
Great points. I figured the little giant would just be fire it up and let it rip!!!! Sounds much easier and faster too.
Im a portable guy but with my smaller jobs, Im thinking I can leave the porty in the truck, put the mytee booster on the porch. And be good to go!
I guessing eventually the 2100 Little Giant would pay for itself....

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Probably end up with both at some point......................lol

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Heats always the issue.... toughest part to solve. Best way for me, bucket heater to prewar, electric heater at the wand.

Reactions: Scott Kaun

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
So Donald at steambrights Volcano 3600 watt heater will raise my water temp 56 degrees on average.
If I add water at 90 degrees that puts me at 146 degrees!!! Thats fairly conservative too.
Sounds pretty dam good. And thats only a 600.00 plus investment. Vs. a 2100.00 little giant 120 btu heater...
What do you guys think? Then I dont have to build anything! Just plug the bastard in and go to work!!
using both electric heaters will give you a good heat but will you find 4 separate switches in every house 2 for your vacs and 2 for your heaters? not only that but your set up time too will increase. as long as you are doing this only part time then that is fine but full time will not work efficiently.

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
If you leave your machine in the truck, fire up a genset, prewarm using a bucket heater. I vented my exhaust out the side of my truck. I rarely use it, but honestly I like being ready for whatever comes my way.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
By the time you string 6 cords out, pop two breakers, find the box, reset the he breakers, find some more circuits.... run your water hoses, set up your booster... us truckmount guys will be on to the next job. Sounds like fun. You are trying to find a solution to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.
Save your portable for closed door jobs and high rises. Then dont worry about heat, just use aggitation and chemistry.
It's like watching someone try to dig a septic with a shovel. Sure it can work. But why? Pick the right tool for the job.

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
Your starting with a flawed premise with inaccuracy throughout.
1. The degree rise is under perfect circumstances. We're never working under these circumstances.
"
But if I start off at the normal 110 degree F hot water I could expect to clean with 164 degree water. The size and number of spray jets, water pressure, and how often you squeeze the trigger on the cleaning tool are all going to play a role on the exact amount of heat you will achieve.

2. Your comparing 165,000 BTU to a watt heater.
3. You have inflated the cost of the lg by $500?

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
@Clean-n-mean if I remember correctly you are running out of the back of your pick up. For now I would just continue using what you are using and maybe add a bucket heater. Save the cash that you would spend on the heater you posted or a LG and invest in a trailer or van. Once you get a trailer or van then start thinking about heat.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
@Clean-n-mean if I remember correctly you are running out of the back of your pick up. For now I would just continue using what you are using and maybe add a bucket heater. Save the cash that you would spend on the heater you posted or a LG and invest in a trailer or van. Once you get a trailer or van then start thinking about heat.
If I were him I would be gearing myself mostly towards encap with a rinse when needed.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
If I were him I would be gearing myself mostly towards encap with a rinse when needed.
He is still getting started and seems to be going the HWE route, the more equipment he buys the harder it will be to get a van or trailer. I think most of us have been there where we want to upgrade our set up as quickly as we can and get more stuff but some times we need to step back and look at the big picture of what we are trying to get to.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Little Giants are insanely reliable with very little to go wrong with them will work whether you go gas or keep EMT. And the hundred 120.000 BTUs will always outperform a heat exchang or an electric heater including my design using (patent pending) induction which will be the equivalent to a gas tm 20hp heat exchanger

There is no absolutely no replacement for fuel fire Heat!!!!!!!!!!!
Weather is diesel or propane!!!!!
Anybody that says so there an absolute liar!!!!

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
He is still getting started and seems to be going the HWE route, the more equipment he buys the harder it will be to get a van or trailer. I think most of us have been there where we want to upgrade our set up as quickly as we can and get more stuff but some times we need to step back and look at the big picture of what we are trying to get to.
Thanks man!! Yep not sure which direction I'm going to go yet with a van or trailer.
I have a 3/4 ton Ford f250 diesel I can use to pull a trailer. Pretty much any trailer!! Have you seen those truck shells with the tall door on the back?? And both sides of the shell open up? Maybe one of those or a trailer for my truck. I know, trailer will be alot more room. And I can just pull it in the driveway and lock it up. Done deal!
So my choices are:
1. Shell
2. Trailer
3. My dad has a 2013 Ford 1 ton van he hardly uses. I could maybe buy that from him..
Still thinking about the best route to go. I know I can leave all the equip in the trailer and just pull the booster out and run my hoses. Would be pretty simple. Hmmmmm, what do you guys think??

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Little Giants are insanely reliable with very little to go wrong with them will work whether you go gas or keep EMT. And the hundred 120.000 BTUs will always outperform a heat exchang or an electric heater including my design using (patent pending) induction which will be the equivalent to a gas tm 20hp heat exchanger

There is no absolutely no replacement for fuel fire Heat!!!!!!!!!!!
Weather is diesel or propane!!!!!
Anybody that says so there an absolute liar!!!!
Timme,
I like the largest little giant they make!! That way, I will get scorching hot water and it won't have to run as long to heat it. I want the highest BTU's they make if I go that route.

Reactions: Ymetimme

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Thanks man!! Yep not sure which direction I'm going to go yet with a van or trailer.
I have a 3/4 ton Ford f250 diesel I can use to pull a trailer. Pretty much any trailer!! Have you seen those truck shells with the tall door on the back?? And both sides of the shell open up? Maybe one of those or a trailer for my truck. I know, trailer will be alot more room. And I can just pull it in the driveway and lock it up. Done deal!
So my choices are:
1. Shell
2. Trailer
3. My dad has a 2013 Ford 1 ton van he hardly uses. I could maybe buy that from him..
Still thinking about the best route to go. I know I can leave all the equip in the trailer and just pull the booster out and run my hoses. Would be pretty simple. Hmmmmm, what do you guys think??
Personally I prefer a van, haven't pulled a trailer in years.
I think whatever route you go you need to look at your 3-5 year plan and which one will get you there quicker and you will be happier with. If your plan is to do a couple jobs a week than the truck shell will work but if you plan on a couple jobs a day a trailer or van makes more since in my opinion.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
You hit the nail right on......
There are so many factors playing role in everyone's business that no advice is a perfect advice. Early on in the business, I've realized that working with portable, no matter how strong, is not suitable for me. So, I've switched to Escape. No blower, oil changes, but to deal with moisture on electrical components, watching for foam buildup all the time and not having sustainable CFM and lift, it was still no match for a fuel fired unit. After roughly 7 years operating 2 Escapes I went trough 5 generators and put about 4 K hours on both units. Hot Turbo was always on my side and it helped to increase water temperature by 25-30°, from 120-130° F starting temperature. So, not by big margin, but in the end, it helped . Right now, oil changes, greasing blower and adjusting belts is my new life. LG htp is my source of heat, a lot of it. Quick setup, quick break down. Sustainable heat, pressure, air flow, no doubt. I didn't pay one penny for Escape's maintenance and to install TM was over $2K
So, anyone can tell right from wrong ? Everyone has their own frame time in taking the next step. There is only hope that our humble presence can help the others to take an informed decision.