"THIS" does not sound bad!!!

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I have no opinion on the reliable factors. But when shopping for my truck 80% of everyone I asked said get a Chevy. My well respected friend said a ford and comparable Chevy may both last equally as long. But “if” the Ford broke down repair is normally much more complicated.
Can say my expedition runs really well at 230,000 has not had any repairs.
I like Fords late model styling however

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
So don't tell me all you had to do is bulletproof that 6 leader after 10 grand and a a decade of frustration we managed to sort that POS out lol

Or wait you have the 7.3 does flawless perfect design Never Ending best engine ever that gets terrible fuel economy and when it breaks all it takes is a toothpick and some bubblegum nope it's always 5 grand lol

Oh wait Navistar design the 6.0 so what it's Ford's fault lol

I guarantee when it comes to the subject of Fords as a diagnostician working for a company that was paid to keep them from having recalls I know more about this subject than you lol
7.3 great motor. Best diesel ford ever had. Made by navistar. Turbo system designed by Caterpillar. Great motor. 19 mph on highway.
I have had the best luck with fords. Have to take care of them and know how to drive them. And they will take care of you....lol.
I have built alot of motors from the ground up. Always liked fords best...

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Wish my Chevy 6.0 was their diesel over 20000 lb towing capacity. That must be a beast.
For diesels, I’ll keep my 73 Mercedes 220D lol

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I dont even think another diesel is worth it you guys. Its 60 cents more a gallon then unleaded. And its 10grand more for a diesel truck.
I think I will go gas this time around.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
7.3 great motor. Best diesel ford ever had. Made by navistar. Turbo system designed by Caterpillar. Great motor. 19 mph on highway.
I have had the best luck with fords. Have to take care of them and know how to drive them. And they will take care of you....lol.
I have built alot of motors from the ground up. Always liked fords best...
Or just buy a truck with an LS motor in it flog it like you hate it lol and realize that you're in the minority of people set understand pushrods are amazing lol!!!

Keep in mind you're talking to a guy that had a mustang that ran 11s 351 trick flow heads crowler cam fast fuel injection Ford 9-inch rear end c4

But that's not the new Ford the new Ford is rubbishI know I still have to keep up with my education. And one of my best friends is still a full-time Ford mechanic who only drives Fords and he will admit new Ford is terrible

After all the term bulletproofing is out there for a reason Ford's had several motors that are required bulletproofing we call it Ford proofing in the mechanic industry

But here's the real thing all the big three go through up turns and down turns Ford is in a downturn in order to increase profits through sales

GM did the same thing in the 80s and what happened they fell apart
Then the glorious GM 90s to around 2007 you saw their greats come out everyone brags about the dependable 3.8 and iron block vortex all through the LS. Now GM is also going through a downturn look at the rubbish 3.6 POC

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I have no opinion on the reliable factors. But when shopping for my truck 80% of everyone I asked said get a Chevy. My well respected friend said a ford and comparable Chevy may both last equally as long. But “if” the Ford broke down repair is normally much more complicated.
Keep in mind you're older expedition is before this modernization and direct injection

One of the major issues on current Ford with EcoBoost is carbon fouling on the valves themselves I have seen carbon buildup the point where the valve gets stuck and it cost several thousand dollars to repair I have also seen carbon get a big enough chunk to actually seize the engine.

So if you're thinking it's new technology it's not Audi came out with the first direct injected gas engine in the late 90s they shortly there after figured out how to solve this issue by adding a pre injector to wash down the valves to keep off carbon buildup

Simply put Ford chooses not to do that to save cost

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I just used my GM today.. boosted my pre spray lol
Diesel is stupid expensive. And gas motors have come along way.
The only survivors of a nuclear war would be cockroaches, living off of Twinkie’s, and driving old Mercedes Diesels

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Or just buy a truck with an LS motor in it flog it like you hate it lol and realize that you're in the minority of people set understand pushrods are amazing lol!!!

Keep in mind you're talking to a guy that had a mustang that ran 11s 351 trick flow heads crowler cam fast fuel injection Ford 9-inch rear end c4

But that's not the new Ford the new Ford is rubbishI know I still have to keep up with my education. And one of my best friends is still a full-time Ford mechanic who only drives Fords and he will admit new Ford is terrible

After all the term bulletproofing is out there for a reason Ford's had several motors that are required bulletproofing we call it Ford proofing in the mechanic industry

But here's the real thing all the big three go through up turns and down turns Ford is in a downturn in order to increase profits through sales

GM did the same thing in the 80s and what happened they fell apart
Then the glorious GM 90s to around 2007 you saw their greats come out everyone brags about the dependable 3.8 and iron block vortex all through the LS. Now GM is also going through a downturn look at the rubbish 3.6 POC
Yea I agree. They do all go through ups and downs for sure.
Yes, I ran 11:70's in a VW BUG. I built it from the ground up. No turbo either. Naturally aspirated. However, I would go turbo next time. Fills that cylinder up 100%.
The Ford drivetrain and chassis are much more heavy duty in my opinion.
Thought about a dodge....unjust dont know.....lol. best diesel out there though!!! Cummins turbo diesel. Wish they put that in the ford.....instead it's in a piece of shit nissan....

Reactions: Ymetimme

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I don’t have a clue my wife’s expedition is a 09. Runs really well. I think it needs oxygen sensors if I recall, the check engine light comes on once a year for whatever reason till I clear the code by removing the battery post. I like that truck. I hauled a Scion xB with it, long story while the scion was in park. The ford started to have a tougher time pulling it and I realized the wheels were about 3 ft deep in massive mounds of rocks and earth. Lol it treated the Scion like a toy

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Yes, I ran 11:70's in a VW BUG. I built it from the ground up. No turbo either. Naturally aspirated. However, I would go turbo next time. Fills that cylinder up 100%.
Thought about a dodge....unjust dont know.....lol. best diesel out there though!!! Cummins turbo diesel. Wish they put that in the ford.....instead it's in a piece of shit nissan....
My 73 Mercedes is 54 HP and does a 1/4 mile in about 2:45 seconds. Lol

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Well if you would like I can rip apart Dodge to lol

Pin of death in timing cover

And transmissions held together with prayers and best wishes lol

Ford has its attributes but when it comes to maintenance and repairs they're insane
The fact that the aftermarket has to come out with the fixes is what is really irritating to me.

A friend of our family is a Dodge man lol
He traded in his family's caravan for a Honda pilot
it was hilarious he called me up and said is this what it's like driving a car that doesn't riddle you with fear of repair lol

I mean after all I have no room to talk when it comes to rubbish vehicles I rebuilt in 1991 range Rover it runs about 60% of the time seriously no joke

And I'm currently working on a 1996
Acura Integra that least will be super reliable until I get done making it run in the twelves lol

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Solution. Buy the extended warrantee and drive it.
Bought my wife a 2018 Honda accord sport limited edition. Pretty dam nice car.
Basic 4 cylinder v-tec motor gets 39 mpg on freeway with 3 people in it and the AC on!!
I dont need no stinking hybrid....lol

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Solution. Buy the extended warrantee and drive it.
Bought my wife a 2018 Honda accord sport limited edition. Pretty dam nice car.
Basic 4 cylinder v-tec motor gets 39 mpg on freeway with 3 people in it and the AC on!!
I dont need no stinking hybrid....lol
Depends on the quality of your local dealer when it comes to extended warranty and who wants to be without a vehicle
I have both in a 05 Cadillac Escalade and an 08 Chevy suburban I have not been without for more than a simple repair a half a day since we purchased them.
now believe me I know they're not perfect and I know people have had issues with both those vehicles but there's a reason that Chevy suburban cost more then an equally equipped of the same year Ford product

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Depends on the quality of your local dealer when it comes to extended warranty and who wants to be without a vehicle
I have both in a 05 Cadillac Escalade and an 08 Chevy suburban I have not been without for more than a simple repair a half a day since we purchased them.
now believe me I know they're not perfect and I know people have had issues with both those vehicles but there's a reason that Chevy suburban cost more then an equally equipped of the same year Ford product
Boy you got that right. Dealer where I bought the Honda are f en idiots!!! Total crooks too. Makes a big difference who you buy from.
I'm impressed with the Honda. Solid car. I need a new or at least newer truck. Looking for a deal, and I want a 4 door.
We will see what I end up with. Probably more carpet equipment first....lol. I want wiiiiiide CRB.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Hey Timme just bought my van Im going to start with. Here's hoping your right on about Chevy's!

2002 Chevy Astro.
135K miles.

Hope its got enough room when I start getting equipment.

Attachments

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Hey Timme just bought my van Im going to start with. Here's hoping your right on about Chevy's!

2002 Chevy Astro.
135K miles.

Hope its got enough room when I start getting equipment.

Oh yeah. I wanted to add driving this makes driving my 2001 Buick Century feel like a luxury car. Power windows! and quiet!

My 2003 Lincoln Town Car already is ;)

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Thats what your warranty is for. My ford breaks down i pick up the phone and tell them its on its way. My trans broke at 45000mi. I didnt sweat it. They gave me a loner and fixed my van. It didnt totaly go it just needed a part. But i got it back in working order no cost to me. After the warranty is up think that's this coming sept. Ill probably dump it. Maybe hold on to it till it starts messing with me then ill dump it. What i get next idk. I hate all the vehicle choices now. Fk that transit. No way in hell will i drive that. Maybe ill get a cut away. They still use old van cab. I want exterior tool cabinets. Screw this crawling around the van crap.