"THIS" does not sound bad!!!

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Hey Timme just bought my van Im going to start with. Here's hoping your right on about Chevy's!

2002 Chevy Astro.
135K miles.

Hope its got enough room when I start getting equipment.
Astro Vans are pretty decent don't give a lot of headaches but like all vehicles they break lol

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Oh yeah. I wanted to add driving this makes driving my 2001 Buick Century feel like a luxury car. Power windows! and quiet!

My 2003 Lincoln Town Car already is ;)
Dude just an 18 year old car lol
Those power windows can be fixed very easily just find a mechanic that has a diagnostic attitude instead of a throw parts at it attitude in your good to go

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
wow what year? have you had it the whole time?
Ford owner's exaggerated because they love Ford

Is a person that works on cars I hate them all
I just try to pick the ones that give me the least headaches

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Well if you would like I can rip apart Dodge to lol

Pin of death in timing cover

And transmissions held together with prayers and best wishes lol

Ford has its attributes but when it comes to maintenance and repairs they're insane
The fact that the aftermarket has to come out with the fixes is what is really irritating to me.

A friend of our family is a Dodge man lol
He traded in his family's caravan for a Honda pilot
it was hilarious he called me up and said is this what it's like driving a car that doesn't riddle you with fear of repair lol

I mean after all I have no room to talk when it comes to rubbish vehicles I rebuilt in 1991 range Rover it runs about 60% of the time seriously no joke

And I'm currently working on a 1996
Acura Integra that least will be super reliable until I get done making it run in the twelves lol
I liked the dodge trucks. And i wanted to give one a try. I looked at a list of used trucks ranging 30k to 90 k miles. I think i looked at 7. All of them had trans issues. One they had apart lol working on the trans i just shook my head. But the last one. That last one made me say fk it. I called dealer to see if they still had the one i called earlier about. He said yeah we'll bring it up to the front lot for you. I was still on my way he called me back. Trans went while driving it across the parking lot. I through my hands up said lets go back to ford. Dodge is a no go ever lmfao. I got a used 97 150 extended cab full bed. Didn't really like it. It was first year 150 and idk i just didnt like it. My friends worked at ford and looked it over. They said it was all good. But i just couldnt get used to it. I kept it a year before selling it. Got all my money back. It didnt cause any problems. It just wasnt the ford truck i was used to like the 80' 90' f series. It was more like a car. A big ass car. Ide take back my 93 250 in a heart beat. That thing ran like a clock. Only issue was speed sensor. Some burned oil because of piston rings or whatever the hell they did during assembly. I got the engine that didnt. Oil pan rotted off lol. But nothing ever went wrong on the engine.

Reactions: Ymetimme

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’ve been very pleased with the cutaway. It’s nice to have so much storage. If it’s raining standing in the back and prepping stuff is helpful. I’ve been able to make more money with a cut away since I don’t have to pick and choose what I carry but everything fits with tons of excess. My generator doesn’t take up enough real estate to even think twice about it. In the wind it gets pushed and shoved a bit.
I’m honestly not a Ford or Chevy guy. I buy based on need. I like Fords looks in later models better then Chevy. So far in thrilled with my 6.0L it’s very comfortable to drive daily.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I’ve been very pleased with the cutaway. It’s nice to have so much storage. If it’s raining standing in the back and prepping stuff is helpful. I’ve been able to make more money with a cut away since I don’t have to pick and choose what I carry but everything fits with tons of excess. My generator doesn’t take up enough real estate to even think twice about it. In the wind it gets pushed and shoved a bit.
I’m honestly not a Ford or Chevy guy. I buy based on need. I like Fords looks in later models better then Chevy. So far in thrilled with my 6.0L it’s very comfortable to drive daily.
Im sorry if you've shared this already but what 'cutaway' do you have? Sounds like a big box truck.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I like it a lot. The dually rear makes is stable. Came with a backup camera and such. I tend to hit a lot of low hanging branches in driveways. But it’s a beast.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Beast! That is awesome!

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Not bad for a “rookie” lol
It holds so much stuff. My son and I took it camping lol it was like a rolling condo. Lol

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I had a 95 E-150 I totalled and really had a tough time deciding on what to get next. I wanted to stay on the cheaper side but after a ton of thought went this way. I’m getting it lettered I hope this week. I was going to do a wrap but the truck itself gets a lot of attention. Now I just want to tell everyone who’s in the neighborhood.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
The problem with most.newer vehicles is all the emissions drap they have to meet when making them. That's the first problem. Second is it's so dam competitive between the big three.
I know Ford is working on a opposed piston motor that was used in German bombers for its efficiency in fuel usage.
These where two stroke motors. They are still two stroke motors but now are turbo charged and super charged. They have made them emissions capable now.
These may end up in Ford trucks. Both gas and diesel variations as well