Time to expand? I think...just maybe. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Time to expand? I think...just maybe.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Joe, how are you going to use two liners? There will be a seem, a point of failure. Ya know?

Get the PVC perimeter, tarp and forget the wand for now unless you have the extra $ and know where to get one.

If your only doing one rug then you dont need the drying rack.

Dry it flat. It's better for the rug anyways.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Here's some pictures of a stainless steel wand with a slit in it for rugs. It is pretty heavy, maybe 25 pound on the head of it. Would be really easy to make if you could weld stainless steel. I weld a little but am not good with welding stainless steel.

the weight on the end acts as a squeegee.

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
Chokemaster, Todd the Cleaner, admin and anyone else at Connections.

Find me someone who sells those wands. I don't care if it's the blue one, or the stainless one. Get their info, and call me at 540-818-4073. I don't care what time it is when you call, right now. Get me a price, and a number I can call someone to look into this. See if you can find me info on that pit liner in Choke's pics, too, please.

The company I used to work for had a full on rug pit. It wasn't a floor poured at a slant, but we submerged the rug, and had the blue wand. The pit had wood underneath the create a channel for dirty water to go and not run back onto the rug, too. The blue wand is SO much better than spraying it with the doohickey Ross put up (but some of the guys preferred to do it that way). Not knocking you, Ross, just saying I've done it both ways, and prefer the wand. (Insert joke here).

Torrey - The seam would be a fail point, but I'm not talking about just laying them on top of each other. There's tape you can buy that will seam it. I don't know how strong it is, but I'm researching that.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
At Connections they used a pond liner. The stuff in the photos is from Rug Badger. The owner's name is Dusty. I think you can find their info with that. If not let me know and I'll see what I can dig up buddy.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
BTW Joseph that pit from Choke's pictures is $1k+.
Actually was even more then that. They have it on an aluminum frame, sitting on a cam so that you can have it level and let the rug soak, or tilt it a bit so the water runs away from the rug. A little too much if you ask me.
The wand is also pricey as well. Just can't remember how much it was. ted burton or Todd the Cleaner might remember the price.

T

TheEyeball

Actually was even more then that. They have it on an aluminum frame, sitting on a cam so that you can have it level and let the rug soak, or tilt it a bit so the water runs away from the rug. A little too much if you ask me.
The wand is also pricey as well. Just can't remember how much it was. ted burton or Todd the Cleaner might remember the price.
So you saw that stuff at connections? What company was it? I like that wand! I'd gladly pay for that kind of quality.

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
I spent a good portion of last night pricing items I'll need to build a temporary pit. It's not gonna be as fancy as that one, by any stretch of the imagination. I've got some serious choices to make, but if I decide to do this, I'm going to do it right. I understand the costs involved, and I'm ok with that, too.

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
So you saw that stuff at connections? What company was it? I like that wand! I'd gladly pay for that kind of quality.
Dusty. Did you ever check with the people Scott told you to get in touch with?

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Rug Badger was the company Ross. Sorry.

Reactions: TheEyeball

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Roofing company and buy some scrap flat roofing material? Its thick and strong.

Reactions: Joseph Rogers

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Try $5000. They tried to sell it to me for half price. I will build one myself for $500.

Sorry Ross, I thought Jeff Bishop was doing the class. The whole thing was kind of disappointing and more of a sales pitch for the rug badger and dustys training course.

Joseph Rogers the wand is $600.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Try $5000. They tried to sell it to me for half price. I will build one myself for $500.

Sorry Ross, I thought Jeff Bishop was doing the class. The whole thing was kind of disappointing and more of a sales pitch for the rug badger and dustys training course.

Dusty even asked in the very beginning for a show of hands of anyone ready to buy a Badger. Kept my hands in my pockets:)

T

TheEyeball

Now you guys know why I don't want to buy stuff from Dusty, lol.

T

TheEyeball

Please let me know what he says when you hear from him.
No prob.

No prob man, thanks for being willing. Dusty has some good stuff but it is way overpriced. I don't mind spending on quality but getting gouged, or even just feeling like you're getting gouged is not cool.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States

Sales pitch for training... Shocking.