Trouble with fresh water pump into fill box | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Trouble with fresh water pump into fill box

Mark Sansone

Oct 26, 2015
Real Name
Mark Sansone
I have a hydrasmaster 4.8 cds purchased in 2007. When I am in fresh water mode, the flow of water going into my silver box does not shut off. When I hook up water from my water spigot, the flow of water going into the box shuts off perfectly when water level reaches the float shutoff point. Your help appreciated. Thanks.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
How long has it been since you changed the float seal/gasket?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I had that happen to me when I first changed over to the 85-gallon sub-mount tank with a 5 gpm Flojet pump. Those float valves on your machine are pressure rated. Too much pressure will cause them to fail. Evidently the pressure from some freshwater pumps can be too high for them so they overwhelm the float valve. The way I solved my problem was to buy an RV pressure regulator that limits the amount of pressure from the pump to about 40 psi. It solved my problem and I used it that way quite a few years. Just like what you are seeing it was only the freshwater pump that did it. When hooked up to the customer's water it didn't happen. The RV pressure regulators are widely available for under 20 bucks. The only other option I can think of is to buy a different float valve that can take the incoming pressure.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Also maybe your pump is not shutting off when the water box is full.

Latest posts