Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Im down. Im about 6 hours away
I'm driving your way right now. I'll be up there all weekend and be stopping by interlink Monday afternoon.

Reactions: Kyle8

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
I'm driving your way right now. I'll be up there all weekend and be stopping by interlink Monday afternoon.
Oh really drive safe my friend. Im about 30 to 35 min to interlink from my house. What are you getting at interlink?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Oh really drive safe my friend. Im about 30 to 35 min to interlink from my house. What are you getting at interlink?
Just stopping by to see the place. I usually shop at interlink in Las Vegas.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
If your in Ogden let me know. Im cleaning some carpet right now
We are eating breakfast at the Village Inn in Orem right now.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
We are eating breakfast at the Village Inn in Orem right now.
Im on the other side of the valley. 45 min north. Its crazy how big northern utah is. About 45 min to an hour of just houses and business all along I-15. I love utah and how it is laid out in conjunction with I-15

Sep 21, 2011
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
www.thecarpetcleaningpro.co.uk
Real Name
Mick Bullous
Business Location
United Kingdom
Hi guys. Fired up the truckmount today for its test run.

Everything seems ok apart from ...

The water temp doesn't go above 140 degrees farenhiet. Any ideas why?

The machine was run from cold on full revs for about 20 mins. Water temp did not go above 140 on temp guage. This seems to be the only problem to solve now. Everything else sorted.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Guessing the problem could be the bypass valve stuck open or one of the sensors on heat exchangers??????

Is it a case of starting up cold with lid off waste tank and looking for water being bypassed into Tank?
I'm guessing you are right here. That machine will make good heat so the bypass must be stuck open.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I can't see the label on the solenoid. Is it a parker one?. Would be asier if i could find one in UK if new one is needed.

If I take the black top of it may it be cleaned easy in case there is debris inside?
Yes, it's Parker but there are a number of other brands that will work. I'm sure you can find one over there.

9 times out of 10 all you need to do is clean it. I would try that first. You remove the nut from the top then pull the black box off. Then you will need to remove the stainless steel stem and clean out down inside. There is a special tool for removing the stem, you may also be able to use some vice grips but there is risk of damage if you do. Wrap a thin piece of rubber around the stem and use the vice grips with as little pressure applied to the stem as possible.

Given the fact your machine has frozen there is the possibility the bypass valve was damaged and may need to be replaced.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Sep 21, 2011
Real Name
Mick Bullous
Business Location
United Kingdom
Cleaned out the bypass valve and replaced. It was easy to do. I screwed the nut on top of solenoid then pulled of solenoid. It was quite dirty on the inside so cleaned with some light sandpaper. The stem on the valve was the screw type so gently gripped with grippers and unscrewed it. It was very dirty inside so cleaned and soaked all parts in descaler. Rebuilt and put solenoid back on.

Just fired up the machine and checked for water being dumped........... nothing so ran the machine for half hour or so.

Everything runs just perfect.......... good vacuum... reads at 15 with wand on carpet ... good water pressure up to 3000psi..... good heat.... and no leaks anywhere.

Looks like it's ready to be fitted into van and be put out to work.

Just one job..... auto pump out don't work.... tested the pump with direct 12v and works fine. On float switch it does not work so it looks like the float switch is bad.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
just a heads up, I don't know your TM specifically, but I'd be careful with talking it up to 3000psi unless it is specifically made for it and there then is usual some valve configuration you need to change to do high pressure. Most of the systems aren't rated for that pressure. Things like heat exchanger and stuff.
If just make sure before you blow something

Sep 21, 2011
Real Name
Mick Bullous
Business Location
United Kingdom
There is a cable out the back of the machine then it runs through the folk truck lifter tube. It is a red and black wire that i assume goes to the battery. What is it for. It connects to a green wire and a red wire near the dema valve infront of the water box.

Attachments

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
I have a question about the float switch wiring for the Auto Pump Out

There is 3 wires black brown and blue. I know where the black and brown connect but where does the blue wire connect to?
Many float switches can switch both when float is up or float is down. That's probably why you have 3 wires - one in, 2 out, one circuit closed when the float is up, other circuit closed when float is down