Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
i will find it in europe. I
cant buy bridgetpoints products in europe, can i flood the rug down with water and acetic acid?
Yes, just be sure to test the colors of the rug and make sure they won’t bleed.

Reactions: fashion79

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
If they want bleed, how can i resolve it?
Some can be fixed and others can’t. I think @Scott W has a guide for area rugs. Maybe he can give some advice here.

Luckily I have never had a problem.

fashion79

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Usually Mike advises me to use bridgetpoints products. But i will never have it

Dave Weidlich

Nov 19, 2013
Petaluma, CA
www.advanceddry.com
Real Name
Dave Weidlich
Business Location
United States
They're booku bucks. Just go get a large tarp as a liner and surround it with your 50' vacuum hose and that should suffice for now.
Flood it down with Bridgepoints Wool Medic. Let it dwell for an eternity. Water claw extract. Rinse, rinse, rinse with Bridgepoint Wool Zone. If smell remains hit it with Bridgepoints Hydrocide For Wool.
Of course check for color fastness (urine is known to make dyes in rugs unstable)
Great idea. Thanks.

carolinasurface

May 14, 2010
SC
Real Name
Chris Sawyer
Business Location
United States
Sounds easy enough. I currently do top down cleaning in the home. Here is where my hesitation with doing rugs like this - how much will someone pay for this? Pick up rug, take it to the pit to clean and then return. The time involved sounds like I would need $300 per rug to clean. Don't think people would pay that here.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Sounds easy enough. I currently do top down cleaning in the home. Here is where my hesitation with doing rugs like this - how much will someone pay for this? Pick up rug, take it to the pit to clean and then return. The time involved sounds like I would need $300 per rug to clean. Don't think people would pay that here.
$4 per square foot. $5 per square foot if there’s urine. $150 minimum for small rugs.

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
I would try to find Chemspec products.

We have turned away many opportunities to sell into Europe. One reason that we have a trade deficit with Europe is all of the rules that need to be followed to sell into Europe. We have to have a special label for Europe (separate sku) even though we have fully adopted the international GHS system. We have to monitor raw material usage and pay a fee for each raw material once it surpasses 10,000 pounds. Legal liability is different in Europe. In short, a country can have no tax (I believe there is a Value Added Tax) but still create a regulatory barrier.

fashion79

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
I would try to find Chemspec products.

We have turned away many opportunities to sell into Europe. One reason that we have a trade deficit with Europe is all of the rules that need to be followed to sell into Europe. We have to have a special label for Europe (separate sku) even though we have fully adopted the international GHS system. We have to monitor raw material usage and pay a fee for each raw material once it surpasses 10,000 pounds. Legal liability is different in Europe. In short, a country can have no tax (I believe there is a Value Added Tax) but still create a regulatory barrier.
Need Trump mentality in Europe

Reactions: Silas and rob allen

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Never assume the customer can't or won't pay. Hereabouts we had a customer whose old black lab had a favorite 4' round latchook rug. The rug was full of urine, funk, skin oils, you name it, and probably cost no more than twenty or thirty bucks when it was new.

He was willing to spend over $800 to have it fully cleaned because (drum roll) HIS DOG LOVED IT.

If there's an emotional attachment to a rug, objective value doesn't matter. The customer LOVES that rug and will do what is required to make it look better again. And sometimes, conversely, they've got an investment piece worth thousands, and they're just not willing to spend a few hundred to restore it right now. Maybe later.

Because, y'know, it really ties the room together.

(Nice marmot.)

fashion79

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Never assume the customer can't or won't pay. Hereabouts we had a customer whose old black lab had a favorite 4' round latchook rug. The rug was full of urine, funk, skin oils, you name it, and probably cost no more than twenty or thirty bucks when it was new.

He was willing to spend over $800 to have it fully cleaned because (drum roll) HIS DOG LOVED IT.

If there's an emotional attachment to a rug, objective value doesn't matter. The customer LOVES that rug and will do what is required to make it look better again. And sometimes, conversely, they've got an investment piece worth thousands, and they're just not willing to spend a few hundred to restore it right now. Maybe later.

(Nice marmot.)
The same also in Italy

carolinasurface

May 14, 2010
SC
Real Name
Chris Sawyer
Business Location
United States

(Nice marmot.)
What do you think of the rug sucker?

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
What do you think of the rug sucker?
Only a handful of people in our area run them, but those who do absolutely LOVE them. Not so much for being all-powerful cleaning tools, but for the ease of use, the fact that you're not wrangling hundreds of pounds of water in a large rug, and for the flushing effect when there's a lot of pee involved.

fashion79

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Only a handful of people in our area run them, but those who do absolutely LOVE them. Not so much for being all-powerful cleaning tools, but for the ease of use, the fact that you're not wrangling hundreds of pounds of water in a large rug, and for the flushing effect when there's a lot of pee involved.
Sorry but my english is bad. What is a rug sucker? Can you post a photo,please?

Work in progress....