Vapamore Steamer Review | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Vapamore Steamer Review

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I bought the Vapamore MR-100 vapor steamer last month mostly for a few things around the house and with the hopes of getting my foot in the door on some commercial jobs. Its received light use since getting it and with satisfactory results (cleaned the inside of my oven, steamed our mattress, steam cleaned the vinyl floors in my house a few times). But this last week we've really put it to the test. Our new appartment was supposedly cleaned by a professional company after the last tenants moved out. If it was, they did a terrible job. Windows look like they were wiped with a grubby rag, stove top had grease baked on around the burners... It wasn't looking great. I went to town the other day with my little steamer. Starting in the kitchen I cleaned the fridge, stove, oven and dishwasher inside and out with great results. I cleaned the storm doors, door frames, and window frames. I did the bathroom and even removed an unknown stain on the carpet.

2 liters of water, heavy steam setting, about an hour heavy use before needing to refill. In all about 4 hours of use in one day. Very pleased with this unit and feeling pretty confident it can handle the commercial use I intend to put it through.

Reactions: ACP

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Nice! I had similar thoughts and ordered a mcullugh steamer from Amazon last week. It will be here Tuesday. Couple hundred bucks. Glad to see how well they work.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Nice! I had similar thoughts and ordered a mcullugh steamer from Amazon last week. It will be here Tuesday. Couple hundred bucks. Glad to see how well they work.
Nice! I got mine on Amazon too. A refurbished model from a Vapamore certified seller for refurbished machines so it still came with their full warranty. Actually saved $200 vs buying it from a local store.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I almost ordered the mcculloch but the water temps didnt seem that high for a vapor steamer... only around 200 degrees @ 58psi

I thought the idea with these things was much higher temps

TMs hit much higher temps and 1200+ psi

does anyone use vapor for tile and grout with a machine that hits like 300+ degrees? I was thinking with vapor you could do better on some grout situations because of a way higher temp than a TM will do

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
just googled and found the daimer vapor steamers.. expensive but holy shit 369 degrees with continuous fill. 4 grand tho
Yeah, that's the goal right there. I have found 2 models that are 110v continuous fill with boiler temps around 300 degrees about 150psi. But the price is up around 3 - 4 grand!

I almost ordered the mcculloch but the water temps didnt seem that high for a vapor steamer... only around 200 degrees @ 58psi

I thought the idea with these things was much higher temps

TMs hit much higher temps and 1200+ psi

does anyone use vapor for tile and grout with a machine that hits like 300+ degrees? I was thinking with vapor you could do better on some grout situations because of a way higher temp than a TM will do
For something that size in that price rang you can't expect too much. Sure your truckmount gets much higher temps and pressure but it also costs way more than $200. These little things are a good way to get your foot in the door though. There are a couple competitors that clean restrooms and are beating me out on bids just because of experience (our pricing is always about the same) but none of them offer steam cleaning so now I can offer it as part of the restroom cleaning service, charge a little higher and win the bids.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I just wanted to try it out, then if I like it or think it can make me money I'll upgrade.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I just wanted to try it out, then if I like it or think it can make me money I'll upgrade.
I've got to make some money before I can upgrade. Just where I'm at right now. But I know I can make the money.

I am starting to research into using this unit for treating bedbugs. Got a lot to look into before I do anything in that regards. The manufacturer says it can be used for that but I'm still skeptical. The town I'm moving to has a big bedbug problem right now and I'm getting requests for steaming mattresses in hotels and I'm not even relocated to that area yet.

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
Vapor steamers are a very unique piece of equipment that can open door for you and clean an amazing amount of items that most people never even think about. I got my first streamer in the late 80's and used them for all types of items.
I set up the entire cleaning system to clean tile and grout in Seaworld in Orlando Fl. I sold many of them to restaurants and resorts and they cleaned everything.
They work great for taking out difficult stains in upholstery, carpet, grout lines and just about any cleanable surface. Smoke damage and so on.
If anyone would like to see some videos just let me know. I have restored a lot of leather furniture with it as well.

cushion l -1.jpg
cushion l -2.jpg
cushion l -3.jpg

Aniline leather that was full of mold, cleaned in just a few minutes.

Lots more, they are amazing tools to use.

SAA

Reactions: Robert86

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Vapor steamers are a very unique piece of equipment that can open door for you and clean an amazing amount of items that most people never even think about. I got my first streamer in the late 80's and used them for all types of items.
I set up the entire cleaning system to clean tile and grout in Seaworld in Orlando Fl. I sold many of them to restaurants and resorts and they cleaned everything.
They work great for taking out difficult stains in upholstery, carpet, grout lines and just about any cleanable surface. Smoke damage and so on.
If anyone would like to see some videos just let me know. I have restored a lot of leather furniture with it as well.

View attachment 71705 View attachment 71706 View attachment 71707

Aniline leather that was full of mold, cleaned in just a few minutes.

Lots more, they are amazing tools to use.

SAA
can you use them on some of those dry clean only upholstery fabrics where too much water is a problem?

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
can you use them on some of those dry clean only upholstery fabrics where too much water is a problem?
To put it simply, YES, but this never removes the need to TEST what we are doing.

I have used steamers for cleaning a lot of upholstery that is dry clean only, although there is a completely different story to go with this. The tags that say dry clean only have nothing at all to do with cleaning, only color stability.

Anyway, drapes, fabric wall coverings, chandeliers, animal heads and almost anything you can imagine has been cleaned with vapor steam very effectively. Even when you are wet cleaning, this can truly activate your chemistry to really break up soils and stains that otherwise you would not move. You are limited only by your imagination.

I hope this video will help to understand a little of what it can do with upholstery (of course you still TEST)
Let me know what you think and if you have questions. I have over 28 years of experience using vapor steam in my cleaning and it was a regularly used tool. Even stone can be cleaned with it with amazing results.

SAA

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Guess im not the only person that uses steam to get the hard stains out

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
The mcculloch steamers are inexpensive but water temps are not high enough to be in the range where a steamer really shines

A good TM hits same temps except with endless water flow and recovery, higher pressures.

The commercial steamers like dupray get up to 300 degrees which is what you want for doing showers, specialty stains, etc

BD janitorial

Oct 18, 2017
Real Name
Brad Dorner
I just bought a New Vapamor Steamer..I think it's the smaller model. Funny I was using it to clean a customer's dance floor and then canceled the account for non payment.
I use it to clean large 10 stall restrooms with metal sinks, it works well. Have used it to clean furniture, painted cabinets. It did not clean my baked on food laced oven.
P.S. I have an older Vapamore for sale which needs new O Rings put in. I bought the O Rings but not adept to put them in. It's for sale, make me an offer. Brad bdjanitorial@frontier.com

rmoran

Jul 5, 2018
Real Name
Rafael Moran
To put it simply, YES, but this never removes the need to TEST what we are doing.

I have used steamers for cleaning a lot of upholstery that is dry clean only, although there is a completely different story to go with this. The tags that say dry clean only have nothing at all to do with cleaning, only color stability.

Anyway, drapes, fabric wall coverings, chandeliers, animal heads and almost anything you can imagine has been cleaned with vapor steam very effectively. Even when you are wet cleaning, this can truly activate your chemistry to really break up soils and stains that otherwise you would not move. You are limited only by your imagination.

I hope this video will help to understand a little of what it can do with upholstery (of course you still TEST)
Let me know what you think and if you have questions. I have over 28 years of experience using vapor steam in my cleaning and it was a regularly used tool. Even stone can be cleaned with it with amazing results.

SAA
How much did you charge per chair

freddis

Jul 17, 2019
Real Name
kertools
Before and after pics of the burners. This was just a couple minutes to clean it up. My wife had already had a go at it with her Lysol Kitchen Cleaner.