Very Dusty Dirty Vinyl Tile Floors. Scrubber be faster than vac & mop? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Very Dusty Dirty Vinyl Tile Floors. Scrubber be faster than vac & mop?

BD janitorial

Oct 18, 2017
Real Name
Brad Dorner
Mix of small vinyl tile flooring in 3 buildings. Lots of dust and dirt on floors. Wondering if a small scrubber 14-17 inches would be faster to clean the floors? The biggest floor is a 6 isle + desks + waiting area retail room = 8100 sq ft. Fortunately they are not too picky.
Thanks brad bdjanitorial
Or would an extractor work--- I would wet & scrub floors the extract

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Yes. Auto scrubber every time. The only problem is, once you start using an auto scrubber, you dont want to mop again.

Reactions: Mass-Steamer

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Ill lend you a 40” ride on one to try out. Let me know if it saves you any time lol

Reactions: Joe cool

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I used one of those the other day for first time. They are great!
They save so much time! I'm pretty excited, just got a nice little 20", 10 gal scrubber up and running. Its much more compact than my other 20" so I can get into tighter halways and little bathrooms with it, and its designed to be easily disassembled so I can get it upstairs, which will be a HUGE time save on a few accounts that have a second floor.

BD janitorial

Oct 18, 2017
Real Name
Brad Dorner
Thank you guys for your replies. Was just looking at some auto scrubbers--compact since I have to use a car sometimes. Any specs a scrubber must have? Thank you again. Brad BD janitorial

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Thank you guys for your replies. Was just looking at some auto scrubbers--compact since I have to use a car sometimes. Any specs a scrubber must have? Thank you again. Brad BD janitorial
That'll depend on your needs. But you have to load in and out of a car then small and light will be musts. Compact scrubber can still be a wide range from little 12" micro scrubbers (look like an upright vac) to 20" walk behinds that just have a smaller tank. Any in particular you are looking at?

For refference, I use an older model on this scrubber, I pack it along with a 20" electric burnisher into the back of an 2007 Prius.
https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/janitorial-maintenance/floor-care/scrubbers/battery-automatic-scrubber-ttb-1120-776271?presentType=99&trackCatKey=0&trackPrimKey=0&trackType=6&webCatKey=0

BD janitorial

Oct 18, 2017
Real Name
Brad Dorner
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm still looking around. I do notice that that some of the compact scrubbers seem to have small vacuum motors = not much water lift ? Wondering hpow well they would vac up the dirty water on the floor. Brad BD Janitorial

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm still looking around. I do notice that that some of the compact scrubbers seem to have small vacuum motors = not much water lift ? Wondering hpow well they would vac up the dirty water on the floor. Brad BD Janitorial
Cleaning hard floors isn't like cleaning carpet, you don't need as much vacuum to remove the water. A single 2 stage vac is plenty of power to leave the floors dry, the really small ones might even do fine with a single stage vac.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I have a 14in autoscrubber that I have loaded into my wife car. The handle folds down. It holds something like 3 gallons fresh and 3 gallons waste. It's perfect for small exam rooms. Offices. I wouldn't use it for larger buildings. Anything over 3-5k square feet I would jump to a 20in model that you need a trailer for.

BD janitorial

Oct 18, 2017
Real Name
Brad Dorner
I've looked at some 4-5 gallon scrubbers and looking at extractors or wet/dry vacs witgh a front mounted squeegee. Maybe it would be cheaper to get another account. High dollar accounts are hard to come by in a small town.
I like the scrubber because It seems to be a 1 step process = it lays down the liquid & vacs it up. An extractor I have to "wet the floor" mop or scrub pad applicator.
Thanks for the 14" auto scrubber usage info. Brad BD janitorial

amerchant7

Apr 17, 2018
Real Name
Andy Merchant
They save so much time! I'm pretty excited, just got a nice little 20", 10 gal scrubber up and running. Its much more compact than my other 20" so I can get into tighter halways and little bathrooms with it, and its designed to be easily disassembled so I can get it upstairs, which will be a HUGE time save on a few accounts that have a second floor.
Which scrubber is this? I’m in the market for one