Waste tank | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Waste tank

Stan21

Dec 1, 2017
Real Name
Tylor Louis
My waste tank seems to fill faster some days rather than others. The bypass valve is shut! I took the lid off and started it up had no water coming in from the water box or dema valve

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Take it off, plug the tank and run it with it in a bucket. That should let you know if it's acting wonky some days.

If that's not it, are you using an in line filter? Even a half plugged one kills recovery amount.

Reactions: Seaside

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
You can always plumb that permanently into your freshwater tank if you have one.
You just need to be careful the fresh water supply doesn’t get too hot. I’ve seen guys plumb their bypass to the fresh water tank and burn their pump up. When you get down to the last 5-10 gallons of water it can get real hot real fast.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
You just need to be careful the fresh water supply doesn’t get too hot. I’ve seen guys plumb their bypass to the fresh water tank and burn their pump up. When you get down to the last 5-10 gallons of water it can get real hot real fast.
Very true! If it's malfunctioning it's not a good work around for broken parts. Ejecting a little here and there no worries.