Water filtration/deionization | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Water filtration/deionization

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
You could also get a pool or hot tub test kit that measures hardness or an electronic one from amazon.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Post a pic.
Here is a pic that I took from today, I usually regenerate my 16k grain water softener every 2 weeks, this time it has been 3 weeks and tomorrow i am off and I will regenerate it. even though I regenerate I get the same color. Our water is 7.1 grains per US gallon. I can't tell where in the chart it stands. About a year and half ago when I bought this water softener I use to get closer to green color but lately this light brown color, it also froze this harsh winter, I don't know if that has anything to do with this. I notice the cleaning is not as smooth as before. May be time for another softener.

Attachments

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
It looks lighter than 3gpg to me. If that's the case I think you are in good shape since it's still in the soft range.

Since you said it froze, it is possible that some of the pipes inside cracked and the water is somehow bypassing the resin bed. If it's not a sealed softener you can unscrew the top from the tank, dump everything out and see what's going on with the internal plumbing. You might be able to replace anything that's broken or make something that would work.

Reactions: Ymetimme and Fedri

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
So I tried out the filter.

And it leaked everywhere lol

And it did drop the percentage from 15gpg
To 2 got so? Worth it not worth it lol

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Which filter are you talking about timme?
I bought this one the manufacturer is sending me a new one sings how the threads were leaking all over the place. They stated I can keep it so I'm going to try Teflon tape as well but it did drop the hardness quite a bit.
20190527_164221~2.jpg

Reactions: J20770 and Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I bought this one the manufacturer is sending me a new one sings how the threads were leaking all over the place. They stated I can keep it so I'm going to try Teflon tape as well but it did drop the hardness quite a bit.View attachment 85258
Looks very small, how ofter do you have to regenerate it? I have a bigger one and I regenerate mine every 2 weeks.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Looks very small, how ofter do you have to regenerate it? I have a bigger one and I regenerate mine every 2 weeks.
Yes you are supposed to regenerate it but they were very cloudy on how to do it I'm still trying to figure it out lol

Reactions: Fedri

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
So I tried out the filter.

And it leaked everywhere lol

And it did drop the percentage from 15gpg
To 2 got so? Worth it not worth it lol
I'm happy to hear it dropped the hardness that much. The leaking, not so much. I hope the new one doesn't leak.

Reactions: Ymetimme