What do you use to run your buisness in the go | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What do you use to run your buisness in the go

EC♡BRITE

Dec 22, 2015
Real Name
Carlos
Trting to see what you guys are usong to run your buisness on the go as far as tablets or phones? Pros and cons

Reactions: admin

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Trting to see what you guys are usong to run your buisness on the go as far as tablets or phones? Pros and cons
I just use my iPad n iPhone calendars since they sync and I use quickbooks online and square for credit cards

Easy and quick for me

Reactions: aloha one

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I just use my iPad n iPhone calendars since they sync and I use quickbooks online and square for credit cards

Easy and quick for me
Exactly the same here.

Reactions: MikeGaure

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Iphones and iPads using HouseCall pro. Smooth, easy and grows our business daily.

Reactions: BayouCitySteam

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
This: www.tryhousecall.com/TMF while some techs have iPhones and others have iPads. We are in the process of doing away with the iPads so they will have business phones instead. Housecall also syncs up with quickbooks, it's the all in one app and perfect combo for syncing.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

mjb4ex

Apr 29, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Butler
2 Android phones and an Android tablet. Separate business and personal. Customer calls on the biz phone, instead of getting a pen and paper, I can just put it in my Google calender in my personal. Calenders are synced together. Going to a customers house, I use the GPS on my personal phone so I can still make or receive calls on biz. I'm trying to use Housecall pro.

I have the tablet, folding keyboard and tiny mouse in a tablet bag I take everywhere, with paper invoices for old people, extra UV light incase I'm in my personal car, not van (for quotes).

Thing I hate about Housecall pro is I have the tablet so I can do estimates at the customers house, and have them sign the bid right on the tablet. But house call pro doesn't work with devices horizontally. Petty, maybe. But when your making a bunch of notes on a bid, cracked grout here, stain here, typing all the customers info, much quicker to bust out the keyboard real quick, prop the tablet up with the case stand and type everything.

Or your already working on something else and a customer calls, you need to put info in Housecall pro, you need to pick up the tablet so it's vertical and type everything in with your fingers.

Sent from my XT1650 using TMF Forums mobile app

leuj20

May 18, 2009
Real Name
Luis
Business Location
United States
Android phones and tablet HCP.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I use Android stuff with QuickBooks. I have a strong dislike for apple due to the way they operate. It would be like you buying a truck mounts that only would work with one brand of cleaner. And then after a few years you had to get a new one even if your old one was working fine. And it was made in sweatshops in developing countries. No one would buy that truck mount, but because apple products do work well, everyone overlooks how they are run.

Kevin Lietz

Dec 9, 2016
Ogden, UT
www.revolutionfloorcare.com
Real Name
Kevin Lietz
Business Location
United States
Razor Sync, with an Android Tab 10.1 and my samsung galaxy 3. I use the tablet for work orders, pictures, and directions. (Love having it mounted in the box truck - and I dont know what it is but Google Maps on a tablet is freaking AMAZING!). Phone is just for phone calls and facebook

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I use Android stuff with QuickBooks. I have a strong dislike for apple due to the way they operate. It would be like you buying a truck mounts that only would work with one brand of cleaner. And then after a few years you had to get a new one even if your old one was working fine. And it was made in sweatshops in developing countries. No one would buy that truck mount, but because apple products do work well, everyone overlooks how they are run.
Take what I say with a grain of salt..

I used Windows computers and Android devices and never gave a second thought to Apple. Im not sure why I never gave e a second thought I guess I figured with PC's everyone uses PC's and all software works with PC's and not always with Mac. For phones, I guess with google and everything Android just made sense.

Then, I left corporate America and I was in the market for a new laptop for myself. I stumbled on to the idea (fact) that part of Apple's appeal is for the non conformist (think: not corporate) and I started actually giving them a look.

Fast forward to now. I owned a MacBook Pro laptop for about 3 months and WOW. Wayyyyy better especially in regards to the user experience. A week or two after buying the MacBook I went to best buy to buy the iPhone se for $150. Its the small smartphone but I love it because it fits in your pocket very easy, etc and is as powerful as brand new smartphones (at least that you can tell using it - specs are probably different) but the way the iphone and the MacBook work together is awesome.

My wife saw my enthusiasm and she got me the Apple Watch for xmas! lol

Ok Ok you probably don't need to go that far into the ecosystem but man they all work together. Freaking amazing.

Wrapping it all up....Apple KILLS on user experience and I've come to learn that since Apple makes the hardware and the software a system with specs that appear inferior to a Windows machine will actually tear through programs and tasks (think video editing) in a way your PC only can dream of. I am highly impressed and glad I stumbled on to part of their non-conformist appeal (because that's what I feel like since I left corporate America) and actually started considering them.

My $.02

/rant

*EDIT
I guess you acknowledge Apple products work well but you dislike and don't approve of how they are 'run' as a company and you mention being produced in sweatshops. While I admit I odnt have any particular knowledge regarding specifics of their business practices I would pose the same question as to how does MS or any other hardware maker operate? Id be willing to bet they make at least some of their almighty dollars by cutting costs and finding cheap labor in some 3rd party country that might not have the best labor laws and oversight.

Kilara

Jul 3, 2018
USA, New York
Real Name
Hannah
Business Location
United States
I like QuickBooks and use it very often too, in my opinion it's one of the most helpful apps for business.

Kilara

Jul 3, 2018
USA, New York
Real Name
Hannah
Business Location
United States
I use both smartphone and tablet. Both devices are very convinient and helpful for running my business but it's hard for me to say which one of the is definetely the best. They have their own pros and cons, and can be combined in cases of various functions.
For example, for me the advantages of smartphones are:
- making phone calls and better choice of other calling features
- easier process of making photos/videos and sharing them in social media (for example, I use Facebook and Instagram for my business)
- very convinient text messaging
- using of web browsing and email
- lower prices of these devices comparing to the tablets

I also like both devices because of various convinient business apps which can be used on them. They're very effective for managing my business, finding new employees and developing my work team because of their diagnostic analytics feature, controlling the inventory processes, finding new clients, making more effective advertising and so on.
I also use some time-management apps for myself, they're very helpful for for me too.

Last edited by a moderator: