Which is the better portable machine Amtex Prowler or Jaguar 8.4 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Which is the better portable machine Amtex Prowler or Jaguar 8.4

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Talked to some guys at steambrite
Who did tests on this
They say up to 45 seconds delay
For blower to kick out extra air.....

That's a lot...if you pick up ur wand every 30 seconds you will never get the air out....
Easy test is to run 150-200 feet of hose direct to your blower a d cup your hand on the end while testing against the 200 feet on tank ....
I personally can feel a huge difference
More resting is needed

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Anderson, the level of water in the waste tank impacts rise times. If you convert gallons to cubic feet I'm not sure I would agree with 45 seconds though.

I agree that non wand lifters remove more water from the carpet per pass.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Every time you go through a tank with baffles (resistance) there is a decrease in CFM. We maintain 285 CFM with a 45 blower (turning at 3600 RPM) through this external tank filter even as it fills with debris from a whole day of cleaning.
View attachment 81745
So for sure without a tank that you are going to be at the rated CFM for the rpm the blower is turning.
Jim, tell the truth. That's actually your bait tank.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Every time you go through a tank with baffles (resistance) there is a decrease in CFM. We maintain 285 CFM with a 45 blower (turning at 3600 RPM) through this external tank filter even as it fills with debris from a whole day of cleaning.
View attachment 81745
So for sure without a tank that you are going to be at the rated CFM for the rpm the blower is turning.
View attachment 81745

Hello,

Do you mind me asking what you are using for your lid on this filter box? I am making a similar unit and was going to use the standard lid that came with it + a gasket. I'm assuming the suction keeps the lid down tight since you don't have any clamps that I can see. I'm using a 40qt 4mm thick pot, same as yours? No cave in problems from the suction?

Thanks so much!

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Hello,

Do you mind me asking what you are using for your lid on this filter box? I am making a similar unit and was going to use the standard lid that came with it + a gasket. I'm assuming the suction keeps the lid down tight since you don't have any clamps that I can see. I'm using a 40qt 4mm thick pot, same as yours? No cave in problems from the suction?

Thanks so much!
My son and I are going to be coming out with a filter and pump out box very soon keep your eyes posted

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Hello,

Thanks so much!
Here's a sneak peek with what we're coming up with
20181220_214253~2.jpg
20181220_214216~2.jpg

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Looking great! I hate my current inline filter, having to tape it shut stinks IMHO

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Looking great! I hate my current inline filter, having to tape it shut stinks IMHO
I decided to make something a a lot better than the rest it's made out of extremely chemical resistant aluminum fully welded we'll have a 20 gallon per minute pump that's made in the US and an optional vacuum system to make it a flood pump or booster

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
This group has a lot of talent..... I’m glad I can sing and dance well. Oh wait I can’t do that either!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Hello,

Thanks so much!
The lid is 1" King Starboard and the thickness is 1/4" or 6mm on the above in aluminum, stainless can be much less for the same strength.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Isn't that filter going to decrease performance just as fast as the hydroforce version? i.e. lost CFM and lift?
No the air can go around the filter the water has no choice but to go through the filter

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Isn't that filter going to decrease performance just as fast as the hydroforce version? i.e. lost CFM and lift?
I sure dislike my hydroforce, sure can see why it was sold to me cheap. The things a piece of junk o la.

Reactions: Ymetimme