Which is the better portable machine Amtex Prowler or Jaguar 8.4 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Which is the better portable machine Amtex Prowler or Jaguar 8.4

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Isn't that filter going to decrease performance just as fast as the hydroforce version? i.e. lost CFM and lift?
And we are have a much larger filter will be using in the non prototype unitbut with every test we tried it had no significant loss of cfm's
we were using dryer lint and shredder paper adding water at 10 flow of water the filter got completely topped and packed hard we did not have any loss of cfm's other than the pumping losses of the box itself

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I don't understand how the metal filter stops debris without a performance hit?
PS Jim I really do appreciate your questioning and I take no offense feel free to ask anything also if you have something in mind that you would like help fabricating feel free to reach out to me my son and I are very frustrated with this industry as a whole and we want big changes to happen keep up your insightful mind

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I split the incoming streams in October of 2017 of the prototype filter, then the outgoing streams on the TM version this summer with the above filter. With both TM's and portables we see zero loss in CFM and lift all day. No filter maintenance all day and it costs on average 25¢ a day to operate. With two 2" hoses between the filter and the waste tank handling totally different streams the performance boost is incredible to the wand. There is an inescapable intial hit at the filter, but it then sustains it all day like an Admiral!

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I split the incoming streams in October of 2017 of the prototype filter, then the outgoing streams on the TM version this summer with the above filter. With both TM's and portables we see zero loss in CFM and lift all day. No filter maintenance all day and it costs on average 25¢ a day to operate. With two 2" hoses between the filter and the waste tank handling totally different streams the performance boost is incredible to the wand. There is an inescapable intial hit at the filter, but it then sustains it all day like an Admiral!
So then you get it it's more of a catch basket than anything

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
That's the most important part of what's between the wand and tank. Not impeding the airflow is next.
3 years ago and started prototyping I could not get over how bad inline filter destroys air flow less than is handful roughly 3 oz of dryer lint a hydro Force filter leads to a Cfm loss of 30 is 40%
A hydro Force filter by itself with no debris gives you a 15% loss when you there had to be a better way of catching debris in order to keep a pump out functional and without using multiple different screens and filters. They ended up being the simplest solution was it.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Going 4" to the tank from the filter will increase your output.
Yes for a TM it definitely help and I will for sure make it an option for gas operators 4/3/2" dual 2" out
But in the portable it would make no difference you're only is able to flow as your smallest restrictions in the case of the lx motors it is 2 in same with the 8.4s.
And where this system really shines is in the portable EMT marketplace where the recovery tank is limited in size it adds an extra 7 gallons of recovery or if someone chooses the pump out option it's not limited to the size of the tank
We've been using one in our truck now for close to a year it has actually reduced dry time and increases productivity quite a bit

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I still don't get how you are filtering the bypass air from the pictures, because that is what troubles the pumpout.
Yes the picture does not show everything is going on in the tank once the patent is approved I will send you as many pictures as you want.
Or if it's considered shared art it's basically it's already been patented it doesn't mean I won't produce them and I will still send you lots of pictures. I just don't want to overshare at this point in time and screw up something.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
ETM guys aren't going to buy it....
They will because it's going to come with an optional booster.
I've already sold 2 as a prototype Models
And both of them were EMT operators.

Think of how many advantageous it is to keep your recovery tank completely empty. just unload the equipment with that never having anything in the recovery tank so there's no smell coming into the house and no clean up except for when you have to use it in the house or business.
Most EMTs have very small recovery tanks.
Also many EMTs do not have pump out systems that work properly with high-flow like spinners
and in the case of some EMTs they don't have a pump out at all. This solves both problems

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I know the advantages of sustainable performance, that's how I get TM results with LX's at high flow. The less water in the top of a small recovery tank reduces ingress while sustaining max performance. Doubling that performance with a TM took some engineering.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I know the advantages of sustainable performance, that's how I get TM results with LX's at high flow. The less water in the top of a small recovery tank reduces ingress while sustaining max performance. Doubling that performance with a TM took some engineering.
I'm highly educated in fixing problems engineers can't.
That's what I went to school for.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I have zero specialized training or higher education of any kind, but I understand how machines work. Some of the dumbest people I know have a degree.

BTW, if I gear 2 identical cars differently with the exact same HP I will wager on the outcome every damn time!

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Man you guys are still at it? Drove 30 miles, ate dinner, got work done, and you guys are still going lol

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I have zero specialized training or higher education of any kind, but I understand how machines work. Some of the dumbest people I know have a degree.

BTW, if I gear 2 identical cars differently with the exact same HP I will wager on the outcome every damn time!
Believe me degrees are not what makes people intelligent. Or moral

An engineer's job accomplish a task for a said given price. Not to do it the best way possible. Or what's right for the individual

I met the dumb engineers thought it was a good idea to use a $0.02 instead of a 0.06spring in a key switch. And it cost hundreds of lives
But they save GM $0.04 on each car
They don't get any blame cuz they were in employees.
One of them ended up committing suicide cuz he couldn't deal with the guilt.
That is what sad about education.

Reactions: Jim Davisson