Which Truck Mount to purchase...Starting Out | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Which Truck Mount to purchase...Starting Out

Jul 7, 2013
Real Name
Zach Wells
Hey guys. I am working towards starting a carpet cleaning business. I have a day job and I am done at 3:15. I worked as a tech for a company while I was in college and learned how to use the equipment and bid jobs.

I have a Ford 99 E350 box truck that I recently purchased. I have about 5K to spend but could possibly loan some more cash (maybe 2K more). I am set on purchasing a ETM and am seriously considering the Mytee Escape with a few additional needed products to get started. I was also looking at the Nordic and Jaguar machines.

If anyone is using either of these machines could you tell me which machine you would suggest and why based on your education/experience. I appreciate your time and feedback.

TheJCor

Apr 21, 2013
Real Name
Joshua Cor
Hey guys. I am working towards starting a carpet cleaning business. I have a day job and I am done at 3:15. I worked as a tech for a company while I was in college and learned how to use the equipment and bid jobs.

I have a Ford 99 E350 box truck that I recently purchased. I have about 5K to spend but could possibly loan some more cash (maybe 2K more). I am set on purchasing a ETM and am seriously considering the Mytee Escape with a few additional needed products to get started. I was also looking at the Nordic and Jaguar machines.

If anyone is using either of these machines could you tell me which machine you would suggest and why based on your education/experience. I appreciate your time and feedback.
What about marketing costs?

Jul 7, 2013
Real Name
Zach Wells
Than
Two choices for that kind of money. EZ 16/33 http://www.eztruckmounts.com/ or Amtex Inferno 14 or Amtex Prowler.
Thank you I will look into both of those..I appreciate the link as well! Network marketing/social media is low cost..will work closely w other contractors. Real estate guys and several other businesses..I really thought the Mytee was nice equipment but knew there had to be others out there..that's why I joined this. Thank you again.

TheJCor

Apr 21, 2013
Real Name
Joshua Cor
Than

Thank you I will look into both of those..I appreciate the link as well! Network marketing/social media is low cost..will work closely w other contractors. Real estate guys and several other businesses..I really thought the Mytee was nice equipment but knew there had to be others out there..that's why I joined this. Thank you again.
I on the other hand wouldn't go with either of those garage built units.
Go with a large company that can back up their warranty will millions of dollars of sales.
I pay $299 a month for a trailer and tm combo. You can't beat that. It's paid for within a few jobs.

Reactions: Jpais

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

Jpais

Feb 5, 2012
Texas
Real Name
Joseph Pais
Business Location
United States
Agree with Will. Starting out not a bad idea to go with these type of machines.

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
I have been full circle with equipment (porty's, tm's, etc...) and am now back to a ETM. I have a Techno Viking (Nordic) and am 100% happy with the performance! The more I use this thing, the more I like it.

I am 95% empty homes, move in/outs, foreclosures, and vacation rentals and this machine just plain works for me. I never go over 100' (only carry 150' of hose) of hose and feel that this machine rivals my tm's as far as performance (also use a LG 2ht too) at 100'. I am still about 50% VLM, so I don't mind lugging the Techno around for the times when I need it. I am getting the same dry times, it's less weight, no more noisy/smelly van, uses no gas, etc...with the Techno Viking.

There are a lot of different ETM companies out there. Call every single one of them and talk to them. Let them know what you expect out of a machine, and go from there?

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Go with a large company that can back up their warranty will millions of dollars of sales.
I pay $299 a month for a trailer and tm combo. You can't beat that. It's paid for within a few jobs.
which garage built machines??? Just curious

vnmineo

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
vin mineo
Business Location
United States
You won't find any info on pricing on amtexs website. .... call Nick Nellos from ez truckmounts! He will be able to help you out.... if you want his number pm me... Hes great guy to do business with and he's making reliable affordable machine's

Sent from my SPH-L720 using TMF Forums mobile app

Jpais

Feb 5, 2012
Texas
Real Name
Joseph Pais
Business Location
United States
Warranty and manufacturing professionals with the proper experience to build a machine...

As far as financing goes plenty of options out there.

Jul 7, 2013
Real Name
Zach Wells
Are there any users out there who have experience using the Jaguar 6.6? What feedback can you give me. I spoke with Ed Valentine the owner and have the utmost respect for him after learning about his business/machine.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Are there any users out there who have experience using the Jaguar 6.6? What feedback can you give me. I spoke with Ed Valentine the owner and have the utmost respect for him after learning about his business/machine.
Hello, I'm Patrick Yanello. My current interest is in ETMs. Did you go with any electronic unit? Thank you, Pat