Who is the world's greatest Carpet Cleaner? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Who is the world's greatest Carpet Cleaner?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffk734

Jun 2, 2011
MI
Real Name
Jeff King
Business Location
United States
I vote for Stanley Steemer, that guy is everywhere :)

Mike Hanley

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Mike
First, Steve is always there and willing to help anyone any time. He has been in the business since back in the 80's I believe. Steve is one who always goes above and beyond in anything he does. All the videos he provides are of his real work he still does to this day and you can see the high quality and workmanship he provides his customers. Where other cleaners give up on a problem Steve picks up and goes to the next level until the problem is solved. If traditional cleaning methods do not take care of the problem Steve will find another way to take care of it. The use of his Vapor Steamer is a good example. Add to all this Steve is genuinely concerned with helping other cleaners become better than they currently are and Steve is helping to raise the overall level of professionalism among the cleaning community as a whole.

Except for the videos, you just described yourself Todd.

My vote is for Todd. He will always pick up the phone and answer any question you have to the best of his ability, and if hell has frozen over, and he dosent know the answer, well dammit, he WILL find it for you! His passion for carpet cleaning shows in every one of his pictures that he posts on here.

Reactions: falcans

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Although I am the best carpet cleaner in MY company, I'm trying to quit cleaning altogether and get someone else behind the wand.

That way I can be doing the more important aspect of customer satisfaction and retention.

You give them a good show and make them like you and you win a cheerleader for life.

Anyone can clean a carpet well as long as they put effort into it.

aspenedelen

Premium VIP
Mar 21, 2006
www.louiescarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Anthony Edelen
Business Location
United States
Torrey, I like you! I have been off my truck for going on a little over three years now which seems like way to long for me. I am itching to get back on but I take all the phone calls, when there is a issue I smooth things over, estimate most jobs, take on all water, mold, fire and asbestos. Other than that I take a hell of a lot of vacations too. For ex. late January me and my 2.5 yr old are flying into Tampa, renting a Infiniti G37 and hitting up Longboat Key for a night then heading to Clearwater Beach where I've set up a nanny for the week for my little buddie, Oscar while I am off at SFS. Wouldn't be able to do this without being off the truck. Oh, I just turned 35 too.

I do like to say though, no one and I mean no one can out clean me in my company. Maybe that is the owner taking exceptional pride in his work but I have to say I am f**** awesome with what I do!

Citrox1

Sep 29, 2011
Pa
Real Name
JB
Business Location
United States
No doubt about it, there are a lot of excellent cleaners and great people on TMF.

For me however the guy that stands out the most is Todd, he is a wealth of knowledge, he's always helping others, great down to earth personality, hard working, ethical, he's the whole package, if I didn't already have a man crush on Torrey, Todd would be my man.:D

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Torrey, I like you! I have been off my truck for going on a little over three years now which seems like way to long for me. I am itching to get back on but I take all the phone calls, when there is a issue I smooth things over, estimate most jobs, take on all water, mold, fire and asbestos. Other than that I take a hell of a lot of vacations too. For ex. late January me and my 2.5 yr old are flying into Tampa, renting a Infiniti G37 and hitting up Longboat Key for a night then heading to Clearwater Beach where I've set up a nanny for the week for my little buddie, Oscar while I am off at SFS. Wouldn't be able to do this without being off the truck. Oh, I just turned 35 too.

I do like to say though, no one and I mean no one can out clean me in my company. Maybe that is the owner taking exceptional pride in his work but I have to say I am f**** awesome with what I do!
I think that's just it. When you own it, you just can't do a subpar job. Those stubborn stairs don't get a owner down, they get them on their knees for a few more minutes.

Well in 7 years when I'm 35 I hope to be right there with ya.

PS. If you are out in about, there's talk of a "Billy's bash" being held here in Indy soon. Maybe February.
Should be cool. Hopefully it will be once or twice a year and grow from there.

steveo1978

Mar 19, 2011
nsw
www.procarpetclean.com.au
Real Name
steven duncan
Business Location
Australia
Can I vote for my myself also on this one why?

1.My highly developed frontal lobe for working out customers and thinking at a split second at answering stupid questions.
2.Handy mechanical skills that save me money and not waiting for retarted mechanics to waste my day and charge me $80 an hour.
3. My toned and musclar body from 15 years of sweating and lifting furnture and machines.
4. Natural good looks to charm over even the most bitter and twisted customers who has nothing better to do than complain.
5. Every piece of machinery to do any job.
6. I could go on forever

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I vote for Rob Werner. The guy in this video.

Why?
1. Vacuums so much you won't be able to find dry particulate under a microscope.
2. Proper pretreatment.
3. Agitation with a Sebo. Now he's just gettin started at about 2.5 hours.
4. Now he's ready to thoroughly extract those soils and deal w/ any left over spots.
5. I'm pretty sure he charges a pretty penny for that "best" method. He'd have to to vacuum for 2 hours.

Btw, I went to his web site and he describes this video as his best method. He does 3 methods. He's just as thorough on upholstery.

Seriously though Richard, if I voted for someone that is on the forum your name would be at the top of my list.

Reactions: Richard Baldwin

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
How can we even decide this when most haven't seen others clean in person. A lot of helpful posters on here but that doesn't mean they are the best.

I agree with Wandwizard, Rob Werner to me is the best CC I have ever seen in a video. I dont know if he actually makes any money but hands down he puts the most effort into cleaning.

ASAP

Feb 1, 2011
Ca
Real Name
Pete DLP
Business Location
United States
You should ALWAYS say and believe in yourself NO matter what....I feel I'm the best but I have to say there is a ton of great cleaners out here..... I spend whatever time is needed to get the job done timely and most importantly THOROUGHLY... Then I give customer 30 day guarantee so I really do the best I can do....been doing this over 25 years and NOTHING beat experience. I also have some of the same customers since opening doors and I'm even doing their children's carpets now.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
You should ALWAYS say and believe in yourself NO matter what....I feel I'm the best but I have to say there is a ton of great cleaners out here..... I spend whatever time is needed to get the job done timely and most importantly THOROUGHLY... Then I give customer 30 day guarantee so I really do the best I can do....been doing this over 25 years and NOTHING beat experience. I also have some of the same customers since opening doors and I'm even doing their children's carpets now.
Agreed Pete. My customers think I'm the best cleaner in their world. And since they stroke my check that's all that matters. :)

Reactions: ASAP