Work Orders for Employees | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Work Orders for Employees

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
What kind of work orders are you using when sending techs out on jobs?

Tia

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I use just regular paper work orders I made. Simple and easy. As much as people say you need a good software, I've used one and paper is just easier. Next people say it's only easier because I'm small, but my old boss who runs one of the biggest companies in western MA, possibly all of MA, uses a paper scheduling book and paper invoices for all the jobs booked. 2 sheet, yellow copy stays with the customer, you take the money and the white copy and leave it at the office. Simple and efficient.

Reactions: MikeGaure

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
We still use 2 part paper work orders.

Too many of our customers still want a hard copy and portable printers, even the on the road tough ones just break too often.

Once the work order comes back to the shop it is scanned and attached to the customer file as well as the info on the work order imputed.

I figure another 8-10 years and everyone will be comfortable with an email or text receipt. Still too many older folks who did not grow up with a computer in their homes that we do work for. Soon though. It will be nice and save $$$$

Reactions: MikeGaure

Andreas 1

May 15, 2011
Nantucket, MA
I’m running a shared spreadsheet on our company’s google docs. I put the contact info, deadlines etc and they fill out the rest when they do the job. Techs check the work load and arrange the routes with the customers. I’m all for delegating things out though. If we were a much bigger operation I’d be looking into running Tsheets with our QuickBooks.