Would you Buy into a Franchise offering NO $$ Down ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Would you Buy into a Franchise offering NO $$ Down ?

Gregory10

May 16, 2015
Rahway NJ
www.10bucksaroom.com
Real Name
Gregory Yunginger
Business Location
United States
Your new to the biz and want to invest in a Franchise.
This Carpet Cleaning Franchise has caught your eye...Catchy advertising,a business that is simplified,A proven well marketed business plan.Huge Protected Territories,Minimal up front investment.Free Training,Support etc

You'll get territories with a minimal of 500,000 - 800,000 ,give or take Populations
Franchise fee is 50K and a Royalty fee of $1,000 Month + $250 advertising fee..
OR..
No Money Down ! and your Royalty Doubles to $2,000 Month..$250 Adv fee....

Smaller territories...lets say 200-499,000 Population will be :
$25,000 Franchise fee...Royalty drops to $750 month...Or Double to the Royalty with No Money Down .

No other Monthly fees whatsoever ..Most Franchises charge a 4-8% gross monthly Royalty plus countless other fees that add up big time ! Also,you get much smaller territories .

You still need to purchase All Cleaning equipment,van,supplies etc . You buy what you want,they just recommend certain tools,supplies..No mark up on any supplies or equipment.

Would you be interested in a company such as this ?Any thoughts on the fees ?

Trying to get some feedback.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
This Carpet Cleaning Franchise has caught your eye...Catchy advertising,a business that is simplified,A proven well marketed business plan.Huge Protected Territories,Minimal up front investment.Free Training,Support etc

You'll get territories with a minimal of 500,000 - 800,000 ,give or take Populations
OR..

$25,000 Franchise fee...Royalty drops to $750 month...Or Double to the Royalty with No Money Down .

No other Monthly fees whatsoever ..Most Franchises charge a 4-8% gross monthly Royalty plus countless other fees that add up big time ! Also,you get much smaller territories .

You still need to purchase All Cleaning equipment,van,supplies etc . You buy what you want,they just recommend certain tools,supplies..No mark up on any supplies or equipment.

I had a franchise carpet cleaning company before, when I sold it the fees totaled as much as my profit was going to be so I didn't get a dime for it when I sold. I even sold franchises for a while... Save your money and just start your own carpet cleaning company. If you buy a franchise you still have to start a business from scratch.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States

OR..

They claim they will do national advertising, This is what gets them in trouble when they take you court, when you want to leave the franchise.

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
You have to watch out when looking into franchises. If the franchise fees are what's holding everything together then run away.
A few over the years have made a fortune selling the dream only to leave you hanging on the vine.

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood

OR..

No money down says you need $.
Successful franchises have qualifications that you must meet.
Try going to Stanley Steemer and ask them to fudge a little to let you in, with a success rate of 90+% why would they?
IMO when you are buying a franchise you are buying a successful business plan that has been proven..

Reactions: chubby

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States

OR..

In a word.....NOPE! Absolutely no reason to buy into a carpet cleaning franchise. Most franchise agreements state that the results of the business will be primarily be on YOUR shoulders. If that is the case then might as well do it yourself and skip the royalties.
IF you buy into an area that has a good established carpet cleaning company (or 3 or 4) you will be playing "catch up" for a long time; I don't care how good your SEO is. And if there isn't a well established company around; then you would be in a prime position to do it yourself anyway.
You take 2k a month and do some direct marketing; it'll pay off way faster than any franchise that you can buy into. :)

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
In a word.....NOPE! Absolutely no reason to buy into a carpet cleaning franchise. Most franchise agreements state that the results of the business will be primarily be on YOUR shoulders. If that is the case then might as well do it yourself and skip the royalties.
IF you buy into an area that has a good established carpet cleaning company (or 3 or 4) you will be playing "catch up" for a long time; I don't care how good your SEO is. And if there isn't a well established company around; then you would be in a prime position to do it yourself anyway.
You take 2k a month and do some direct marketing; it'll pay off way faster than any franchise that you can buy into. :)
and that 2k is due whether you are kicking ass or doing nothing

Reactions: leuj20

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
I think we are comparing apples to oranges.
If you are buying into a regional franchise you could do better with your money.
On the other hand if you are buying into the world's largest CC to be sure the results will trump what you could muster on your own even with all that TMF and others offer.(Not trying to start something)
SS does require that you are liquid to their standards just like Mc Donalds.
If I had to pick between Service Master, Servpro, Chem-Dry and Stanley Steemer, I'd choose the later. You just can't beat their success rate.

Reactions: chubby

chubby

Apr 26, 2013

OR..

Sounds like you have a franchise to sell....
What's the name of your franchise?

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States

OR..

NO

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
What he described is the biggest heist in History. I hope he does not get ripped off or if he is the one selling.... I would ask admin to look him up. So he pays his advertising dues and does not take on any TMF member.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I think we are comparing apples to oranges.
If you are buying into a regional franchise you could do better with your money.
On the other hand if you are buying into the world's largest CC to be sure the results will trump what you could muster on your own even with all that TMF and others offer.(Not trying to start something)
SS does require that you are liquid to their standards just like Mc Donalds.
If I had to pick between Service Master, Servpro, Chem-Dry and Stanley Steemer, I'd choose the later. You just can't beat their success rate.
You still have to start from scratch, after spending all that money, If you fail, they invite you to work in the headquarters so the failure doesn't count on the books, hense when you call panicked with a problem you have a bunch of losers telling you how to fix stuff they couldn't do on their own.
Servpro would be the best because they actually help you get in with the insurance adjusters, but still you have to work to grow your business and manage it and if you suck it sucks... plus you have to pay that royalty fee and monthly % or payment monthly. From my personal experience it was good until I tried to sell it, then they just robbed me blind with fees.
Everyone here knows it takes the right kind of guy to be a carpet cleaner, most guys cant cut it, some can do the work but they cant sell for shit so they go broke. Some can sell but suck at the work,,, then there's us guys who can do both efficiently. I did learn a lot thru it all though but was it the franchise who taught me or was it me, going out day in and day out selling jobs and doing them, and handing over money I earned because their name was on my invoices and Van.
So ask yourself, do you need someone elses name to succeed or can you just do it all on your own?

Gregory10

May 16, 2015
Rahway NJ
www.10bucksaroom.com
Real Name
Gregory Yunginger
Business Location
United States
I appreciate everyones feedback, This is a start up franchise,someone I know is considering doing this with his company. He wants to keep it simple as far as Franchise fees and Royalties are concerned. Most larger franchises need someone to invest much more like SS ,though theyre also very well known..Also,they typically charge a minimal monthly plus the percentage royalty..He wants to keep it at a flat rate,make it easier,simple.So,the more you make,theyre not taking more off the top...He's still kicking around the numbers.

Gregory10

May 16, 2015
Rahway NJ
www.10bucksaroom.com
Real Name
Gregory Yunginger
Business Location
United States
Sounds like you have a franchise to sell....
What's the name of your franchise?
No its not me thats selling a franchise,someone I know is considering doing it with their business. He's just kicking around numbers right now,thought I ask around for opinions.