Would You Partner Your Business with a Cleaning Franchise? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Would You Partner Your Business with a Cleaning Franchise?

10BUCKSAROOM

Nov 18, 2016
Real Name
Aziza Hana
If you have your own carpet cleaning business, would you consider merging it with a cleaning franchise? There are times when carpet cleaning business can be slow, but if you had a professional cleaning company to fall back on, would you capitalize on that?

Any thoughts on this?
Trying to get some feedback.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
No, no, no, a million times no!

Partnerships are a sure road to disaster 99%of the time.

Now if you wanted to start a janitorial or cleaning business of your own to compliment your carpet business then go for it. Just make sure you are 100% owner of both businesses.

If you want to work with this other franchise you are talking about then you guys need to keep your businesses separate from each other. You can refer jobs back and forth to each other or if you want to work for them you can either be an employee or set yourself up as a sub-contractor for them.

Reactions: ronman

10BUCKSAROOM

Nov 18, 2016
Real Name
Aziza Hana
No, no, no, a million times no!

Partnerships are a sure road to disaster 99%of the time.

Now if you wanted to start a janitorial or cleaning business of your own to compliment your carpet business then go for it. Just make sure you are 100% owner of both businesses.

If you want to work with this other franchise you are talking about then you guys need to keep your businesses separate from each other. You can refer jobs back and forth to each other or if you want to work for them you can either be an employee or set yourself up as a sub-contractor for them.
Why do you think they are a disaster? If the cleaning company is established, has its proof of concept and already has a solid client base, wouldn't it be smart to utilize that?

10BUCKSAROOM

Nov 18, 2016
Real Name
Aziza Hana
I never would but if I was charging 10 bucks a room I might consider it.
Well, this is where we are trying to get feedback from. Our company already offers carpet cleaning but we would love to expand to a broader base. We feel as though people who own their own carpet cleaning business could benefit from residential cleaning as well. It would open up a lot more clientele especially when the carpet business is slow. Interesting to hear everyone's opinion.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Why do you think they are a disaster? If the cleaning company is established, has its proof of concept and already has a solid client base, wouldn't it be smart to utilize that?
All I will say is I've been there and done that....three times:banghead:. I wasn't smart enough to learn on my first or second partnership, it took three times being burned before I finally learned.

Of course it would be smart to utilize the client base of the other business. The best thing you could do is buy the franchise and then operate both businesses with one complimenting the other.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Well, this is where we are trying to get feedback from. Our company already offers carpet cleaning but we would love to expand to a broader base. We feel as though people who own their own carpet cleaning business could benefit from residential cleaning as well. It would open up a lot more clientele especially when the carpet business is slow. Interesting to hear everyone's opinion.
What type of franchise are you looking at? If you are charging $10 a room I would look at your pricing and figure out how to increase the rates, you could easily triple your income just by doing that.

10BUCKSAROOM

Nov 18, 2016
Real Name
Aziza Hana
All I will say is I've been there and done that....three times:banghead:. I wasn't smart enough to learn on my first or second partnership, it took three times being burned before I finally learned.

Of course it would be smart to utilize the client base of the other business. The best thing you could do is buy the franchise and then operate both businesses with one complimenting the other.
Yes this is exactly what we would be doing. We would encourage those with carpet cleaning/tile grout cleaning/air duct cleaning to purchase a franchise with us so that way when one service wanes, you have the other one to fall back on. You could grow your business under our name all the while making even more money.

We just want to see how feasible this would be for people who own their own carpet cleaning companies. Thanks for your insight!

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Andrew C

May 24, 2014
Richmond, VA
www.TrueSteamLLC.com
Real Name
Andrew Carr
Yes this is exactly what we would be doing. We would encourage those with carpet cleaning/tile grout cleaning/air duct cleaning to purchase a franchise with us so that way when one service wanes, you have the other one to fall back on. You could grow your business under our name all the while making even more money.

We just want to see how feasible this would be for people who own their own carpet cleaning companies. Thanks for your insight!
What would be the benefit of buying a franchise off you instead of just starting your own?

10BUCKSAROOM

Nov 18, 2016
Real Name
Aziza Hana
What would be the benefit of buying a franchise off you instead of just starting your own?
This is a good question. We've been asked this plenty of times.

It's hard work starting your own cleaning company, or any company for that matter. You have to hustle. You have to build a name for yourself. It's definitely possible, but we come with a brand, and over 5 years of proof of concept. You get the help you need, including marketing/advertising/operations support. We offer franchises for a low investment. We really want people to be successful and make as much money as they possibly can. If you can combine carpet cleaning expertise with residential cleaning, you can really build a successful business in your area.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Partnerships end friendships

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Reactions: ronman and Wec
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
This is a good question. We've been asked this plenty of times.

It's hard work starting your own cleaning company, or any company for that matter. You have to hustle. You have to build a name for yourself. It's definitely possible, but we come with a brand, and over 5 years of proof of concept. You get the help you need, including marketing/advertising/operations support. We offer franchises for a low investment. We really want people to be successful and make as much money as they possibly can. If you can combine carpet cleaning expertise with residential cleaning, you can really build a successful business in your area.
Oh you are trying to sell franchises and not consider buying one. 99% of members here will have no interest, good luck.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
There isn't any friendship involved, it would be purely business, but I appreciate the sentiment.
I know. Won't make friends with 10.00 a room business model.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

Won't make many friends trying to sell franchises to established business owner either, the only ones that will fall for it are new guys looking to start off or guys on the verge of going out of business.

Reactions: smartcarpetcare

10BUCKSAROOM

Nov 18, 2016
Real Name
Aziza Hana

Don't see why not. We have over 5 years proof of concept plus 25 years cleaning expertise and have been quite successful. So there isn't a problem with our business model at all.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Don't see why not. We have over 5 years proof of concept plus 25 years cleaning expertise and have been quite successful. So there isn't a problem with our business model at all.
Ok I'll bite. How much will it cost me to get a franchise, what does it include, how much are royalties, what can I expect to make in a year?

10BUCKSAROOM

Nov 18, 2016
Real Name
Aziza Hana
Oh you are trying to sell franchises and not consider buying one. 99% of members here will have no interest, good luck.
Thanks, I wasn't trying to see if anyone here would buy, I just wanted to hear some feedback. I do know that carpet cleaning can have lulls in business and was wondering if residential cleaning would be a good fit for those times when the business is slow. Thanks for your insight!

10BUCKSAROOM

Nov 18, 2016
Real Name
Aziza Hana
Ok I'll bite. How much will it cost me to get a franchise, what does it include, how much are royalties, what can I expect to make in a year?
We offer territories up to 500k population for $10,000. We have flat royalty fees. How much you make is entirely up to you, depeding on how much you push the business and which avenues you take [i.e. commercial, residential, rental properties]. We encourage the franchisees to do whatever they are comfortable and capable of doing. We have a guy in VA who literally does anything for customers because he is comfortable with offering those services. We don't limit anyone.

Reactions: Alex De la rosa

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hard make friends without sense humor also.