Wow kittens are dangerous | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Wow kittens are dangerous

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
My daughter got bit buy a kitten and has been in the hospital for 5 days with an infection on her finger!!!
The doctors are acting like she could use lose use of her hand.
She's been on IV antibiotics the whole time that she got there!!
The thing is when you look at it it looks like nothing like it's no big deal. No big holes no rotting flesh
Just a little scabbed over bump
Blood poisoning is no joke

So when you're out there cleaning guys beware of those kittens
20190502_234027.jpg

Reactions: Fedri

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Its the bacteria in their mouths and claws. I got bit by a outdoor cat before. Felt like i was going to die.

Reactions: Ymetimme

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
We had a cat that was caught outdoors. It was semi domestic. But it got behind tge dryer i had to get it out of there. My husky came in just as i picked up the cat. Cat chomped down on my hand so freakin hard. I just poured vodka on the holes lol its the only alcohol i had in the house.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
We had a cat that was caught outdoors. It was semi domestic. But it got behind tge dryer i had to get it out of there. My husky came in just as i picked up the cat. Cat chomped down on my hand so freakin hard. I just poured vodka on the holes lol its the only alcohol i had in the house.
One of our cats had kittens. And my daughter was painting her room one of the kittens walk through the paint so she thought it would be brilliant to wash it in the bathtub. It bit her on the singer breaking the skin she put betadine on it and thought nothing of it.

Didn't even tell us till the next day and her hand with swelling like a carnival balloon.

We ask the doctor if there was something wrong with our cat like it had an infection or a virus or something in the doctor's like nope that's just an animal's puncture wound.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
It's unreal how rough it's been for the poor thing
It can cause no problems at all or it can be threatening. Most people dont know this about cats. Its not like a dog bite. I know people who have cats their whole lives then get bit and wind up in ER from a tiny little bite. They usually dont bite down they give warning or claw you instead. Kittens defence though it them needle teeth.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
One of our cats had kittens. And my daughter was painting her room one of the kittens walk through the paint so she thought it would be brilliant to wash it in the bathtub. It bit her on the singer breaking the skin she put betadine on it and thought nothing of it.

Didn't even tell us till the next day and her hand with swelling like a carnival balloon.

We ask the doctor if there was something wrong with our cat like it had an infection or a virus or something in the doctor's like nope that's just an animal's puncture wound.
Lol cats and water dont mix. Unless they are docile. I can wash 2 out of the 3 we have. The 3rd will turn on you. And will actually come after you. The others just sit in the water like wtf.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
It can cause no problems at all or it can be threatening. Most people dont know this about cats. Its not like a dog bite. I know people who have cats their whole lives then get bit and wind up in ER from a tiny little bite. They usually dont bite down they give warning or claw you instead. Kittens defence though it them needle teeth.
Yeah we were talking to a cat rescue. And they acted like it happens all the time lol

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
So I guess as a whole for us carpet cleaners don't mess with cats!!!
They will mess you up big time!!!lol

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Lol cats and water dont mix. Unless they are docile. I can wash 2 out of the 3 we have. The 3rd will turn on you. And will actually come after you. The others just sit in the water like wtf.
I'm fortunate - my Maine Coon is 24 pounds and VERY fond of water. She actually pulls the shower curtain back and hops in with me when I'm showering, and gets quite sad when I turn the water off. Bathtime for her is a two-birds, one-stone deal.

Vet nerd alert, you've been warned:

Almost all cats carry an enormous load of Pasteurella multicoda bacteria in their mouths, and due to their need to bury feces, they have many pathogenic bacteria trapped in the debris under the sheath of the claw as well. So bites and scratches both can be quite serious.

Pasteurella is particularly nasty and can cause several different necrotic diseases, including sepsis (which can be lethal). Also, cat teeth are slim and extremely sharp, like hypodermic needles, meaning that a good bite is a serious puncture wound that injects the bacteria deep into tissue, where it is not only likely to thrive, but is likely to get into blood vessels, organs, bones, and other dangerous territory.

Dog bites usually cause large surface lacerations, which are ugly and painful but do not cause as much concern over infection because air can get to the wound (most pathogenic bacteria are anaerobic, meaning they don't like oxygen) and the wound can bleed freely (which cleanses it). Cat bites, on the other hand, are deep and often self-sealing, meaning the wound is much more prone to infection.

Last edited:

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Cats are vile creatures I feel their always plotting
No joke the things are trying to kill you all the time!!! I'll just walk in front of you and you will die by falling!!!
This is a picture of little jerk right here
20190503_115333~2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: SRD

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I'm fortunate - my Maine Coon is 24 pounds and VERY fond of water. She actually pulls the shower curtain back and hops in with me when I'm showering, and gets quite sad when I turn the water off. Bathtime for her is a two-birds, one-stone deal.
Mine like water and turn on all the faucets. But they dont like being put in it. They do them little bastards sleep in the sinks and push the stoppers down. Ond day they will turn on the water and flood the place i know it.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I absolutely love Maine Coons!!!
Most do not mind water at all.
My daughter has a fancy breed short hair that will actually swim that is the father of the cat and question lol his name is bear he loves the swimming pool lol
but the other cats think we are insane
20190503_115848~2.jpg

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
She’s still in the hospital? Oooh wow. That’s terrible. We will keep her in our prayers. I thought you’d be way past this already. Wow.
I too have a 25 lb Maine Coon (not 100% Maine) but man that cat jumps on the bed and feels like a small kid. We got him from Rescue, and I was told he doesn’t care much for Attention. Hahaha that’s funny, he goes bed to bed every night, scratches at the door when he wants in or out. Talks a ton. But nothing better to keep rodents far away then a 25 lb cat.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
She’s still in the hospital? Oooh wow. That’s terrible. We will keep her in our prayers. I thought you’d be way past this already. Wow.
I too have a 25 lb Maine Coon (not 100% Maine) but man that cat jumps on the bed and feels like a small kid. We got him from Rescue, and I was told he doesn’t care much for Attention. Hahaha that’s funny, he goes bed to bed every night, scratches at the door when he wants in or out. Talks a ton. But nothing better to keep rodents far away then a 25 lb cat.
Thank you so much for your prayers she just just got home

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
The reason I posted this is I had no idea how dangerous tiny little kitten can actually be lol

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
The reason I posted this is I had no idea how dangerous tiny little kitten can actually be lol
Glad she's okay. There's nothing scarier than serious illness or injury in a child - nothing makes you feel more helpless.