You know some times!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
You just have to go out and get it.
maybe you are slow, maybe cash flow is slow...Really don't need a reason...Pick your market and go for it....Me....When I started in 1983 it was commercial...It was out there ( and commercial will always will be there )....What ( I ) found in my market ( not yours ) is that the carpet was trashed..and the new manager had a friend that would do it once a month for 5 bucks cheaper...LOL...By the way..." that's called learning the hard way "
I switched to residential and never looked back...Hours were better, carpet was easier to clean...and if the draw was right, the client base was higher end.
I don't have many condos in my area...My client base is strong in 50 and older...So when you read these treads, keep in mind...Your demographics play a role in your direction.
Me...As a sole operator ( my sons moved on )...If you are trained, and secure in your equipmet, have intuition, and can convers well...Should be able to generate $150.00 per hr. ( on the job site )

We all want that mighty dollar, but guess what...If you focus on that you LOSE...Instead maybe I can suggest...You focus on your craft...Personal service...Be there when you say you will, or call to say different...deliver beyond what you say..." under sell and over deliver "...repeat that...LOL

This world of cleaning and service is as wide open as it was 40 years ago.

I will close for now, but it is my hope that the " youth " of this cleaning industry learns quicker than I did.

You will sell yourself short, before you sell yourself strong.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Dang, Papa. Your writing some really great threads!

Young people, listen to this guy!

Aug 28, 2018
Real Name
Bruce wayne
You just have to go out and get it.
maybe you are slow, maybe cash flow is slow...Really don't need a reason...Pick your market and go for it....Me....When I started in 1983 it was commercial...It was out there ( and commercial will always will be there )....What ( I ) found in my market ( not yours ) is that the carpet was trashed..and the new manager had a friend that would do it once a month for 5 bucks cheaper...LOL...By the way..." that's called learning the hard way "
I switched to residential and never looked back...Hours were better, carpet was easier to clean...and if the draw was right, the client base was higher end.
I don't have many condos in my area...My client base is strong in 50 and older...So when you read these treads, keep in mind...Your demographics play a role in your direction.
Me...As a sole operator ( my sons moved on )...If you are trained, and secure in your equipmet, have intuition, and can convers well...Should be able to generate $150.00 per hr. ( on the job site )

We all want that mighty dollar, but guess what...If you focus on that you LOSE...Instead maybe I can suggest...You focus on your craft...Personal service...Be there when you say you will, or call to say different...deliver beyond what you say..." under sell and over deliver "...repeat that...LOL

This world of cleaning and service is as wide open as it was 40 years ago.

I will close for now, but it is my hope that the " youth " of this cleaning industry learns quicker than I did.

You will sell yourself short, before you sell yourself strong.
Hey thanks for the great post

Experienced cleaners like yourself can really help the young cleaners learn quickly and avoid years of doing it wrong

I have been fortunate to make friends with the older and experienced guys and they have helped me out a lot