Your Best macgyver or davidson Moment this year !!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Your Best macgyver or davidson Moment this year !!!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
jim do you have a vise on your van?
No vise, I use metal shears to cut the hose. Trim off 1/4" of the Neptune rubber sheath and install the field repair coupling. 5 minutes and your back in business. At the shop we have a dedicated mini cut off chop saw in the tool box with the Ditto swager. Honestly, it's faster to make the field repair lol

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
How well do the field crimps hold up? I've considered them since I hardly pop hoses and don't have a press to put regular crimps on. My usual options are pay too much at a shop or go butter up my old boss to let me use his.
The so called field crimps is how they they made hoses before they had presses to put ends on. They still use this type of fitting to make large hydraulic hoses.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
where do you find the super lube for lubing up the 500 psi pumps?
Jeff, our local walmart actually carries superlube in the automotive section. I don't know if they all do though.

This stuff lives in the toolbox, I have been happy with it and available at every home depot.
20191015_193531.jpg

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Auto parts store. Think i got mine at walmart like Jim said. I just couldnt find the bearing grease any where that they recommended for the 356u. And i might have grenaded that bearing last job i did.