tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
www.steamteamcarpetcleaningnepa.com
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
Hi guys and gals... I'm new to the biz and want some opinions.
I'm torn between buying a crb or a 360i.
I can't afford both and not sure which one to buy.
I've watched a lot of videos of the 360i and really like the results and was gonna get one, then I watched a video on robs switching methods thread of a crb in action and was like wow!
Now I'm really confused.
Help me decide.

jbcarpet

Jan 20, 2011
california
Real Name
juan
Business Location
United States
If you want to try something more economic i'm selling these for $850 each and you pay shipping. one is 17 and the other 20..

Sent from my LG-MS910 using TMF Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1373923162455.jpg
    1373923162455.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 410

bjones2004

Feb 3, 2013
Real Name
Brandon Jones
If you want to try something more economic i'm selling these for $850 each and you pay shipping. one is 17 and the other 20..

What brand?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TMF Forums mobile app

jbcarpet

Jan 20, 2011
california
Real Name
juan
Business Location
United States
17 CARPET cleaner 20 brush & clean

Attachments

• 1373925772860.jpg
    1373925772860.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 398
  • 1373925796864.jpg
    1373925796864.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 397

jbcarpet

Jan 20, 2011
california
Real Name
juan
Business Location
United States
No only what it has in the picture

carracer1967

Jul 5, 2013
Huntersville NC
www.allcleancarpetnc.com
Real Name
John Wood
Business Location
United States
I have a Strong Dry brand CRB. I love it! I have only used my truck mount 1 time since I got my CRB. Customers love the way their carpets look after cleaning w/ CRB & the carpets are usually dry before I leave. So far, have had ZERO issues w/ re-soiling. Best money I have spent so far!

steamsters

May 15, 2013
Winston-salem, nc
Real Name
Jeremy Haynes
Business Location
United States
Was in the same boat as you last November. Thought I wanted a 360i but after taking class after class and having some on site training I went with a brush pro. For starters I will say that the brush pro landed me a property management account cleaning a rat nasty that I did just for some extra money. You can look back at previous post I have made and see that I was against property management but a guy approached me and said I need some carpets cleaned in one of my rent houses and I would like to have them cleaned well I priced him high when I did the walk through because I figured it would scare him off because my luck with property management has been they want the whole nine for nothing and I explained that I was giving him a restoration price not a maintenance and he said ok then I cleaned using a brush pro for the first time and I blew mine an his socks off the carpets came perfectly clean. Then the guy said you charged more then i have ever been charged but got my carpets cleaner than they have ever been. The best part is when u buy a brush bro you can agitate residential carpet, tile and do commercial jobs encapping and you only have to buy different brushes instead of expensive heads for the rotovac. You can buy a brush pro with the different brushes and do tile cgd and residential carpet better than anyone in ur area who is not using some form of agitation. This Is just my opinion from my experiences. However I am a you can never have too many tools kind of guy. The rotovac is nice but being new and wanting to do the best brush pro is definitely the best way to go in my opinion. Let me follow up by saying since u are new like myself don't be a fly by night 9.95 a room guy who gives estimates over the phone when u don't know how dirty the carpets are or how big the room is one of my company's mission statements are to change the outlook of this industry and bring it back to a respectable trade that I believe it is. too many customers think they should be able to get the whole house special for 99 dollars because so many hacks come in and say they are cleaning for that price when we all no they aren't. If we all start charging the right prices and doing the right procedures we can slowly but surely turn the pricing for our hard work around . Good luck to u and I hope I helped. If you stay on truckmount forums and keep reading u will be just fine. Also if you live near an interlink supply I would definitely get hooked up with them they have pretty much kept me alive with there products knowledge and education.

Reactions: Scott W

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
I have a Strong Dry brand CRB. I love it! I have only used my truck mount 1 time since I got my CRB. Customers love the way their carpets look after cleaning w/ CRB & the carpets are usually dry before I leave. So far, have had ZERO issues w/ re-soiling. Best money I have spent so far!
What kind of chems are you using, I used vacaways trashed green today on a really dirty office and was not that impressed, so I boosted it with some hot knife and was still not that impressed. I also tried some peroxcellent on one of the rooms and got the same result...granted this was a really dirty office. It looked better when I was done but not great, and I really want to wow my customers. Btw I was using a strong dry crb with standard gray brushes, maybe I should move up to the firm black ones for really trashed encap work.

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the advice steamsters, this is hard work, especially with a porty, there's no way I'm doing whole house for $99 or that $9.95 a room crap.
My goal is to be a top notch cleaner and really wow my customers with how clean their carpets are and charge accordingly.
I hope to someday have a tm, but for now it's my porty and crb.

Mikey34

Sep 23, 2011
va
Real Name
mike Parkinson
Business Location
United States
Ummm I've rented a crb and it was a brush pro. I wish I knew now what I knew when I purchased the 360i.

I also own a Rv 360i and really does a good job, however a little slower, maybe. And corners still need a wand.

I think if I had to do it over I would just use a 175 and wand. Than buy a crb once I was rolling.

carracer1967

Jul 5, 2013
Huntersville NC
www.allcleancarpetnc.com
Real Name
John Wood
Business Location
United States
What kind of chems are you using, I used vacaways trashed green today on a really dirty office and was not that impressed, so I boosted it with some hot knife and was still not that impressed. I also tried some peroxcellent on one of the rooms and got the same result...granted this was a really dirty office. It looked better when I was done but not great, and I really want to wow my customers. Btw I was using a strong dry crb with standard gray brushes, maybe I should move up to the firm black ones for really trashed encap work.

I use Hydo-Force brush pro pre-spray & Hydo-Force dry compound, found at Interlink supply. The dry compound is the 'MAGIC" ! It is 100% organic, "green", and smells good as well. I only use the compound on the heavily soiled areas, as the pre-spray does fine on the lightly soiled areas. I have yet to run across a stain that this will not handle. I even got blue latex paint out of off white carpet and got paid 200 dollars for one room (the couple was closing on the sale of their home and 2 year old knocked over a gallon of paint as mom was doing some touch-up painting). Make sure you use the guards and really work in the compound, prior to putting the renovators on. Good luck in the future! Oh, and be careful with the black brushes on residential carpet, they are really aggressive and can damage loop pile!

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
I use Hydo-Force brush pro pre-spray & Hydo-Force dry compound, found at Interlink supply. The dry compound is the 'MAGIC" ! It is 100% organic, "green", and smells good as well. I only use the compound on the heavily soiled areas, as the pre-spray does fine on the lightly soiled areas. I have yet to run across a stain that this will not handle. I even got blue latex paint out of off white carpet and got paid 200 dollars for one room (the couple was closing on the sale of their home and 2 year old knocked over a gallon of paint as mom was doing some touch-up painting). Make sure you use the guards and really work in the compound, prior to putting the renovators on. Good luck in the future! Oh, and be careful with the black brushes on residential carpet, they are really aggressive and can damage loop pile!
Thanks for the advice!! I'm new and need all the help I can get ;)
Just curious did the prespray and compound take out the paint or did you use something else?

carracer1967

Jul 5, 2013
Huntersville NC
www.allcleancarpetnc.com
Real Name
John Wood
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the advice!! I'm new and need all the help I can get ;)
Just curious did the prespray and compound take out the paint or did you use something else?

The compound! I used a little pre-spray, and 3 applications of the compound, I know that sounds like a lot, but it was a GALLON of blue paint.

Reactions: Scott W