EZ Truckmounts owners roll call | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

EZ Truckmounts owners roll call

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I believe it was an amtex, right? I had an ez. Nick is a great guy but is overextended imo. I had decent luck with mine overall.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
So someone who tells you (knowing damn well it ain't gonna happen) your machine will be ready in 3 weeks and ends up taking almost 3 months harming your business and families livelihood is a great guy? Then when you do get it you don't get all the stuff you paid for and have to wait even longer? Is that a great guy? When I sent him the first POS he gave me the same thing with the waiting around much longer than what I was told after I told them I couldn't wait too long again. Was told they'd get right on it but took much longer again. Jay even told me if they couldn't stop the engine oil leak I'd get a new engine. Was even told by text it was taking long because the engine was at a Briggs machaniic but Briggs told me they didn't know anything about any warranty work. They just sent me the "new and improved POS" back pissing oil like before when if anyone ran the machine for 2 minutes the oil just poured out....lei ended up slugging it out with Briggs on my own and it turned out it had a defective block and I got my new engine and no more lining my machine with towels to soak up all the oil. Man it goes on and on.......

Reactions: Jeff Maietta

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Your a straight shooter Ed .... again heard lots of problems when it came to dealing with Nick period.
Couple of piss poor TM builders and after service in Texas it seems!
Wish you the best Ed as I said your a straight shooter!
Thanks Grant. From the beginning I've been patient and understanding. More so than most....I've had enough. I waited to see if this story has a happy ending but it don't.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
A small builder truckmount? Was it Nick;s. A Hydramaster 575 is out of reach for many on this forum.
Are you saying that EZ's truckmounts will likely breakdown and leave you in the lurch or what? say what you
mean so I will understand.
When I got mine it had leaks all over. Waste tank leaked. Pump bled out and they had to send me a new one. Unloader handle flew off when I tried going below 300psi. Engine leaked oil something fierce. They told me I never got my reel with the rest because it was shipped to Canada or Alaska which may or may not be true. Got it a couple weeks later. Took forever to get a damn blower filter and all the fittings I needed to stop the leak. Was even told by Nick "How bout I give you a tub of some Yellow Gold for your trouble, that'll make you sum munny?" You think I got it?

Jeff Maietta

Happy Days!
Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States
So someone who tells you (knowing damn well it ain't gonna happen) your machine will be ready in 3 weeks and ends up taking almost 3 months harming your business and families livelihood is a great guy? Then when you do get it you don't get all the stuff you paid for and have to wait even longer? Is that a great guy? When I sent him the first POS he gave me the same thing with the waiting around much longer than what I was told after I told them I couldn't wait too long again. Was told they'd get right on it but took much longer again. Jay even told me if they couldn't stop the engine oil leak I'd get a new engine. Was even told by text it was taking long because the engine was at a Briggs machaniic but Briggs told me they didn't know anything about any warranty work. They just sent me the "new and improved POS" back pissing oil like before when if anyone ran the machine for 2 minutes the oil just poured out....lei ended up slugging it out with Briggs on my own and it turned out it had a defective block and I got my new engine and no more lining my machine with towels to soak up all the oil. Man it goes on and on.......
I am so sorry. I totally get it...I would be pissed honestly....sorry

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: emeraldclean

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Do you have a plan of action on what your going to do?

Sent from my XT1254 using TMF Forums mobile app
I'm gonna install the unloader when I get it then take it from there. As far as EZ I'm just gonna wash my hands and make this usable. Maybe tear out all the HX crap and get a lil giant. I'm even thinking of shelving this thing and buy from a reputable major brand. I can't be doing work simultaneously saying Hail Marys to get through it. Funny story......today I take my brother on the only job I could finish. We come outside because I lost a lot of pressure. Pressure gauge pops. My brother turns down the pressure a bit and the unloader cap flies out, nails him in the chest and douses him with hot water. I cut off the machine and we are on our hands and knees looking for the disc and bullet. By the time we put it back together and go inside the woman was laughing as she was watching the whole thing unfold from a window. If you don't laugh you'll cry......

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
I'm gonna install the unloader when I get it then take it from there. As far as EZ I'm just gonna wash my hands and make this usable. Maybe tear out all the HX crap and get a lil giant. I'm even thinking of shelving this thing and buy from a reputable major brand. I can't be doing work simultaneously saying Hail Marys to get through it. Funny story......today I take my brother on the only job I could finish. We come outside because I lost a lot of pressure. Pressure gauge pops. My brother turns down the pressure a bit and the unloader cap flies out, nails him in the chest and douses him with hot water. I cut off the machine and we are on our hands and knees looking for the disc and bullet. By the time we put it back together and go inside the woman was laughing as she was watching the whole thing unfold from a window. If you don't laugh you'll cry......
Yes Ed time to scrap this abortion on a frame and get something reliable.
2500 hrs on my HM Titan 575 and replaced a cracked HG gauge and transfer low pressure pump for water box. No real issues what so ever knock on wood!
Oh pump clutch bearing is gone ... purchased new clutch and will change out soon.

Last edited:

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I laughed a little then realized that is real life and felt bad. Hope it gets better Ed. Hate to hear that is happening to you

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I laughed a little then realized that is real life and felt bad. Hope it gets better Ed. Hate to hear that is happening to you

Yeah I thought I did due diligence talking with some members who had them but I all I heard was good things from actual owners. I will say that one member (I won't name him unless they do) did hint to me that maybe I should look elsewhere I know now but it wasn't clear to me till recently.

Reactions: Cameron RDS

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Yeah I thought I did due diligence talking with some members who had them but I all I heard was good things from actual owners. I will say that one member (I won't name him unless they do) did hint to me that maybe I should look elsewhere I know now but it wasn't clear to me till recently.
Yeah sometimes it's hard to sift through the bull. Just from being on this site I would never buy an Amtex, EZ, and Chemtex. I do have a chemtex but that was bought used and for cheap. Different story when you pay thousands. How much did you pay for yours?

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Yeah sometimes it's hard to sift through the bull. Just from being on this site I would never buy an Amtex, EZ, and Chemtex. I do have a chemtex but that was bought used and for cheap. Different story when you pay thousands. How much did you pay for yours?

Your here at the right time though.....when I joined these builders save Chemtex were all the rage here.....lots of cheerleaders some of who now have changed their toon.

Reactions: smart n kleen

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Your here at the right time though.....when I joined these builders save Chemtex were all the rage here.....lots of cheerleaders some of who now have changed their toon.
Yeah I would read post from years ago and they were so much different. I haven't ran my chemtex yet bc when I bought it I knew I had to fix the pump and surprise surprise the HX was broke too. However I have done a few test run with it, and so far it runs good. The pressure gauge just drops to zero because if the broken HX. What's crazy to me is unlike Amtex and EZ, Chemtex seems to be an actual manufacturer with a decent website. I can't believe they can't put it together bc if they did, ppl would buy tons of them bc they are so cheap.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Yes Ed time to scrap this abortion on a frame and get something reliable.
2500 hrs on my HM Titan 575 and replaced a cracked HG gauge and transfer low pressure pump for water box. No real issues what so ever knock on wood!
Oh pump clutch bearing is gone ... purchased new clutch and will change out soon.
What does it sound like when it starts to go out?

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Yeah I would read post from years ago and they were so much different. I haven't ran my chemtex yet bc when I bought it I knew I had to fix the pump and surprise surprise the HX was broke too. However I have done a few test run with it, and so far it runs good. The pressure gauge just drops to zero because if the broken HX. What's crazy to me is unlike Amtex and EZ, Chemtex seems to be an actual manufacturer with a decent website. I can't believe they can't put it together bc if they did, ppl would buy tons of them bc they are so cheap.

I've only bought some chemical from Chemtex. Actually got an attitude from a woman there because I dared ask about dilutions and ph about a product I purchased that came to me in a garbage bag with no directions. I won't be calling them anymore. Tried giving Cobbs some money a couple times but they didn't want it. Never dealt with Amtex and never will thanks to guys like @matt30577 who got jumped on at first but was vindicated at the end. Save Steambrite who I've had limited contact with but have been helpful I'm done with the lone star state.

Reactions: Cameron RDS

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
What does it sound like when it starts to go out?
Oh it knocks Rick when you engage pump switch.
Could go another 500 hrs or seize tomorrow.
Just wanted clutch on hand and will change out very soon.
Got wacked for the part $570 Cnd > approx $450 US.. standard vehicle AC clutch it looks like.
Ordered from my guy out in Western Canada.. yup some mark up but hey It costs me $60 for a jug of teflon but do $500 on it!!

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I've only bought some chemical from Chemtex. Actually got an attitude from a woman there because I dared ask about dilutions and ph about a product I purchased that came to me in a garbage bag with no directions. I won't be calling them anymore. Tried giving Cobbs some money a couple times but they didn't want it. Never dealt with Amtex and never will thanks to guys like @matt30577 who got jumped on at first but was vindicated at the end. Save Steambrite who I've had limited contact with but have been helpful I'm done with the lone star state.
That's so weird to me, bc I deal with TCS in Atlanta and Jon Don in Atlanta when I have problems. Both are top notch and are always so nice and helpful.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
That's so weird to me, bc I deal with TCS in Atlanta and Jon Don in Atlanta when I have problems. Both are top notch and are always so nice and helpful.

Yeah I know......https://shop.truckmountforums.com is top notch with service. If I had one in my state I woulda went with them on a machine.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Yeah I know......https://shop.truckmountforums.com is top notch with service. If I had one in my state I woulda went with them on a machine.
Yeah they are pricey, but you get what you pay for. I can literally call them up and ask them about my machine, and they know my machine like a blueprint without hardly having to even look at a computer. It's crazy how knowledgable they are.