Intermittent issues with my mix tank not filling or over filling.

leofloors

Apr 21, 2007
Placerville, Ca
www.tile-cleaning-pros.com
Real Name
Marc Leonetti
I've got a problem with my mix tank/water box on my tmt 3000 (or Powerclean Freadom XT36). The difficult thing about it is that it happens intermittently. Sometimes it won't fill the water box and I will run out of water. And sometimes it will fill the tank but it won't shut off and will continue to fill causing it to spew out the overflow hose. The over filling isn't so bad on a tile cleaning job but when I do a carpet job if it overflows then I'm just wasting my rinsing chemical.

The Dema solenoid is new and so is the relay switch. I actually just changed the relay last week. The only thing I haven't changed is the float switch and if I do I will probably change to a different type as I have heard this style is not cheap.

One thing I did notice today (it ran fine for the first half of the day) when it started malfunctioning was that if I turned the machine off and then turned the key on, it would almost always start filling immediately. This makes me want to assume that the relay is the culprit but who knows? After all I just changed the relay on Friday.

I am getting really tired of electrical issues on this unit. Hopefully someone out there has dealt with this on their unit and fixed it.

leofloors

Apr 21, 2007
Placerville, Ca
Real Name
Marc Leonetti
My advice would be to remove all the electrical components on the filling side and put a simple float valve in.
I had a liquifire 445 do the same thing and I ripped out all the electrical on that one. Worked great until I sold the unit.

That's funny. I was just on Grainger's site looking at tether floats. I am going to pick one up today and switch it over tonight if I have time. Thanks.

leofloors

Apr 21, 2007
Placerville, Ca
Real Name
Marc Leonetti
A tether float is still an electrically open valve. Take the solenoid and top float switch out of the line and install a mechanical float valve.

My only problem with switching to a float valve is that my water box may be too narrow to install one. The tank is only 8 inches wide. The shortest float rod I can find is 3 inches and the shortest float is 4 inches. then with the offset of the valve itself I don't think that I can get one to fit.

How long was your assembly in total? I do like the concept of getting rid of all of the electronics and going with a straight up mechanical set up.

wuznmee

Jan 2, 2014
Real Name
Mike
It sounds like a loose or corroded wire or wire connection to me... try cleaning and tightening all the connections. If you see butt connectors that have been added, cut them out and replace them. Also clean all the unit's ground connections.

Tyg

Nov 10, 2016
Real Name
Ty
It ended up on being the dual float switch. I swapped it out for a small ball float and simply bypassed the relay and it has been working like a charm ever since.
could you please tell me how this is down as i have replaced electric floats 2 times and i want to get rid of electic and go to ball float and bypass relay HOW is this done>?>

leofloors

Apr 21, 2007
Placerville, Ca
Real Name
Marc Leonetti
Tyg. I bought a chemical resistant ball float from Grainger. Removed the original float in the tank and just bypassed the relay switch. Bypassing the relay is not necessary though. You could simply swap out the two switches. The ball floats are way less likely to have issues than the original float that came with my unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyg

Nov 10, 2016
Real Name
Ty
Tyg. I bought a chemical resistant ball float from Grainger. Removed the original float in the tank and just bypassed the relay switch. Bypassing the relay is not necessary though. You could simply swap out the two switches. The ball floats are way less likely to have issues than the original float that came with my unit.

so is there a need for the dema? or does the water coming in simply connect to the ball float?
bypass relay and dema? install ball float and incoming water connects to that direct?
Thanks for fast reply machine is down and missing work.

leofloors

Apr 21, 2007
Placerville, Ca
Real Name
Marc Leonetti
Still need the Dema. I looked everywhere for a ball float valve but couldn't find one that would fit in the mix box. The float arm was always too long.

I just swapped out the Rod float switch that came with the unit with a ball float switch. I also bypassed the relay. So the ball float switch basically triggers the Dema directly. So far so good.

Tyg

Nov 10, 2016
Real Name
Ty
Still need the Dema. I looked everywhere for a ball float valve but couldn't find one that would fit in the mix box. The float arm was always too long.

I just swapped out the Rod float switch that came with the unit with a ball float switch. I also bypassed the relay. So the ball float switch basically triggers the Dema directly. So far so good.

If you have time could you please send me a couple pics of how this looks, and part numbers of what i need. not shure how to connect a ball float switch to trigger dema? i will do some more looking but pics would help so much. Thanks a million
Happy cleaning