Laminate floor cleaning

TimetoShine

Jul 26, 2020
Real Name
James Cannon
Hey guys, I'm looking for a little advice or any tactics others have with cleaning laminate wood flooring. Specifically darker laminate with a glossy finish on it. I have cleaned a few laminate floors usually with just a little bit of cleaner and I usually add a little vinegar in the mix, but I always seem to end up with a film on the floor after it dries and kind of takes away from the natural shine of the laminate. Usually I just go over it with a polishing pad to buff out the film, but I'm wondering if there is a quicker solution to this problem? I have customers calling me all the time with similar problems to this, and I just tell them I can come out and polish it up and would be good as new. Please offer any advice anybody may have. Thank you!

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
More than likely the film is whatever cleaner they have been using.

Use a good neutral floor cleaner (which helps break up any chemical cleaner on the surface) like the Basics hardwood line of chemicals.

Vinegar won't do that for you.

TimetoShine

Jul 26, 2020
Real Name
James Cannon
Not the most professional choice but Simple Green has actually worker wonders for me on laminate floors. I usually mix it like 1:8 if I want a strong clean.
That's what I use all the time. The simple green floor Care solution, not the standard simple green products. I even put about 8oz simple green floor Care into my prespray for carpets, just for the scent alone. It's amazing and customers love it

BD janitorial

Oct 18, 2017
Real Name
Brad Dorner
3 customers have installed vinyl plank and luxury vinyl flooring. The flooring manufacturer recommends using a Neutral pH floor cleaner, I have been using Bona laminate floor cleaner but looking for othe products.
Holloway House makes laminate floor cleaning products and 1 comes in a concentrate. I customer asked that I use it on their pergo type flooring and they make a laminate floor disinfectant also.
Brad BD janitorial