Must haves for residential window cleaning?

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
I've been cleaning windows for a few years now and have tried every soap, pill, etc... out there except smart n kleens step dad's stuff.

My favorite detergent for Windows is Glass Gleam (3 or 4) and a couple of drops of Ecover for slip. With this combo I get the best shine with the least streaking.

However, I always keep a small bottle of Dawn on the van just in case. Never had to use it though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5

Reactions: alexus

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I've been cleaning windows for a few years now and have tried every soap, pill, etc... out there except smart n kleens step dad's stuff.

My favorite detergent for Windows is Glass Gleam (3 or 4) and a couple of drops of Ecover for slip. With this combo I get the best shine with the least streaking.

However, I always keep a small bottle of Dawn on the van just in case. Never had to use it though.

Call jerry at inland janitorial supply, he'll ship. You won't be sorry. 951-734-5241. Ask for squeegee type Soap.

Reactions: Lefty724

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States

Streaks lol I thought you said you were a professional.

chad9229

Jul 25, 2014
@jtsunbrite if you come across hard water and they want you to remove it, I charge $35 to $50 an hour for that crap no if ands or buts and I will spend a maximum of a half hour trying to get it off each window unless I'm making really good progress on said window then I will spend a little more time. After a half hour if it don't look like it's coming off then it probably is not, move on.

I tell them to replace the Windows. Hard water usually comes from sprinklers or dripping from roof. I never found a way to take off hard water.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
@1ST CHOICE CLEANING Dang Jason, just how much do you guys charge now for avatars?!?!?? This guy makes $300k a year doing windows and can't even afford one.
upload_2016-10-28_12-20-53.jpeg

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
It buys you a guy dressed up in a purple money bag outfit?
No that would cost a lot more than $300k but he could buy that image and use it as his avatar for $300k, all he would have to do is wire the money.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I have the perfect opportunity it get my feet wet in window cleaning. I have a regular dusty who spends half his time in Australia and the other half in Palos Verdes. I do their carpets and upholstery. They usually just leave a lock box for me to go to and I let myself in and clean away.

Now they want their windows clean and I'm thinking this is the perfect time for em to give this a go. No one will be there watching me make a fool of myself.

So can anyone tell me the necessary tools I'll need? I'm in the process of ordering a gang of stuff from Jon Don right now so I'm hoping I can get the stuff from the,

Any advice to tips is appreciated. Thanks!
Go git yarself a 55 gal drum of Windex and a handful of rags Johnny. Then an illegal alien to do the work..Good to go bro!.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Perth Pete

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
Simon Harrison
I have the perfect opportunity it get my feet wet in window cleaning. I have a regular dusty who spends half his time in Australia and the other half in Palos Verdes. I do their carpets and upholstery. They usually just leave a lock box for me to go to and I let myself in and clean away.

Now they want their windows clean and I'm thinking this is the perfect time for em to give this a go. No one will be there watching me make a fool of myself.

So can anyone tell me the necessary tools I'll need? I'm in the process of ordering a gang of stuff from Jon Don right now so I'm hoping I can get the stuff from the,

Any advice to tips is appreciated. Thanks!

Most hardware stores will sell a squeegee and 'applicator'.

Get one of each, together with a bucket, and non-scratch scourer.

These tools should be enough to get you started.

Simon
Perth Window Cleaning

SWCC RETAIL

Mar 19, 2021
Real Name
Bryan Mahoney
Starting your own window cleaning business can be accomplished with very low capital. Just look online and purchase the basic supplies needed to start your own window cleaning company. Buckets, ladders, squeegees, rags, etc...