Prochem performer 405

Gil Crouse

Mar 21, 2017
Real Name
Gil Crouse
I am asking what kind of heat I should expect from a a performer 405 with the pre heaters bypassed. Seller says they are removed and bypassed be cause they “just plug up.” Thanks, and would you suggest replacing them if I buy the machine?

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
When you're cleaning you won't be using pre heaters at all. So maybe at the start the temp will be cooler but then it should get to working temp just fine given that exhaust heat exchanger is working properly. Pre heaters don't just "plug up" unless float valve in waste tank is not shutting machine down and you're getting a lot of debris thru blower exhaust. What might've happened was that they developed a leak and instead of fixing or buying another they just bypassed them.

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
I have 2 405's and yes they have small issues here and there but they're old machines...that's to be expected. I'd say as long as the engine is in good working condition you should be fine. I fixed all my own stuff, there's plenty of info out there.

Gil Crouse

Mar 21, 2017
Real Name
Gil Crouse
When you're cleaning you won't be using pre heaters at all. So maybe at the start the temp will be cooler but then it should get to working temp just fine given that exhaust heat exchanger is working properly. Pre heaters don't just "plug up" unless float valve in waste tank is not shutting machine down and you're getting a lot of debris thru blower exhaust. What might've happened was that they developed a leak and instead of fixing or buying another they just bypassed them.

Thank you

Reactions: mrg.mrg.