Robs Haitian Cotton & Linen Shampoo Powder 8lbs | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Robs Haitian Cotton & Linen Shampoo Powder 8lbs

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
New product that will help you clean those specialty fabrics such as Cotton or Linen, plus you can use this on rugs and laundry. Check it out here:

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
This has been my go to cotton and
natural fiber fix for ages when used right. Chemspec is good, but was always bricked before you buy it. I have corrected so many oriental rugs with terrible stains just by flooding the entire rug to just below the tips of the fiber and using this on stain only without damaging the bundle. I will be trying out this version, because I really miss bridgepoints discontinued formula and chemspecs was always second place imo.

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
natural fiber fix for ages when used right. Chemspec is good, but was always bricked before you buy it. I have corrected so many oriental rugs with terrible stains just by flooding the entire rug to just below the tips of the fiber and using this on stain only without damaging the bundle. I will be trying out this version, because I really miss bridgepoints discontinued formula and chemspecs was always second place imo.
Hi Jim.

I recently bought Chemspec (powder) for cotton and delicates per your recommendation but I received the liquid. Probably just an error on their part. (Ill reach out and they will most likely take care of it) Or maybe they dont have the powder anymore.

In any case Ill keep an eye open for your review on this. Be nice to have a powder on the van as im working on condensing my powders into smaller containers to conserve space.

Do you see your self sponging or brushing this on and then HWE'ing or do you prefer to just towel extract / dry for most delicates? Or, like many times just depend win what your facing....

You are probably sick of newbies like me sucking you vets for all your wisdom! I appreciate it though!!

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Also Im not sure what you product you are referring to. Was it a product or the method of flooding to just below the tips of the fibers. It sounds like you did that in a rug plant or was that with the wand in home. Not sure I followed you there.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
White cotton with a linen weave popular a couple years ago, which we clean now I typically hand shampoo with a sponge and horsehair brush on more soiled areas, I just towel dry and pick up extra soil in most cases. I only extract in extreme situations and hand shampoo again. Placing the cushions and sofa in direct sunlight accelerates the effectiveness of Haitian. Outside is best, through the window second best. Uv light can be the difference maker on some pieces, especially high wear areas like arms or cushion piping. I find this work easy and fast with the highest price per running foot, I typically get $30 per foot and can haul ass with out a TM screaming in the driveway.

As far as removing permanent stains from oriental rugs, flooding the rug to protect the balance of fiber while only exposing the stained area is one of our in house tricks. It allows you full autonomy to be super aggressive and free from collateral damage. Adding heat to Haitian doesn't hurt the process either at that point.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
does this product contain SODIUM METABISULFITE if it does be very careful who you use it around, I have Asthma and can't use any chemicals that contain sodium metabisulfite

Breathing Sodium Metabisulfite can irritate the nose, throat and lungs causing coughing, wheezing and/or shortness of breath. * Sodium Metabisulfite may cause an asthma-like allergy. Future exposure can cause asthma attacks with shortness of breath, wheezing, cough, and/or chest tightness.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Interesting Odin, one time about 3 years ago I walked into a clients bedroom and had what I imagine is a similar experience an asthma attack feels like.

It took me a few minutes to breathe normally again. Never had asthma or an issue like that in my life before or since, I'd love to know wtf was in that bedroom.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
Every Haitian I've used has sodium metabisulfite in it. I'm not affected by it, but if you are you need an organic respirator or pass on the job.

what if the client has asthma?

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Chemspec only makes fast dry shampoo and cotton shampoo .
The fast dry must be water rinse Extricated pretty fast on most textiles or it will look like you thru a bucket of bleach on it .

Reactions: smartcarpetcare

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States

Hi Jim.

I recently bought Chemspec (powder) for cotton and delicates per your recommendation but I received the liquid. Probably just an error on their part. (Ill reach out and they will most likely take care of it) Or maybe they dont have the powder anymore.

In any case Ill keep an eye open for your review on this. Be nice to have a powder on the van as im working on condensing my powders into smaller containers to conserve space.

Do you see your self sponging or brushing this on and then HWE'ing or do you prefer to just towel extract / dry for most delicates? Or, like many times just depend win what your facing....

You are probably sick of newbies like me sucking you vets for all your wisdom! I appreciate it though!!

Chemspec only makes fast dry shampoo and cotton shampoo .
The fast dry must be water rinse Extricated pretty fast on most textiles or it will look like you thru a bucket of bleach on it .

This is NOT “chemspec”, this is a brand new formula we came up with that took us most of the year to perfect. Try TMF’s new formula with a 100% money back guarantee. ;)

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Johnwick

Sep 28, 2019
Real Name
john wick
Hey I’m super interested in buying this product. I am apply the product with a sponge or horse hair brush... does the shampoo leave a dirt attracting residue behind? Does every inch of fabric need to come in contact with the cleaning agent to prevent marks?

How do I make a 3% peroxide solution??

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
This is NOT “chemspec”, this is a brand new formula we came up with that took us most of the year to perfect. Try TMF’s new formula with a 100% money back guarantee. ;)
[/QUOTE

do you have the msds sheet for it ? does it contain

Sodium Metabisulfite

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
does this product contain SODIUM METABISULFITE if it does be very careful who you use it around, I have Asthma and can't use any chemicals that contain sodium metabisulfite

Breathing Sodium Metabisulfite can irritate the nose, throat and lungs causing coughing, wheezing and/or shortness of breath. * Sodium Metabisulfite may cause an asthma-like allergy. Future exposure can cause asthma attacks with shortness of breath, wheezing, cough, and/or chest tightness.
No, it does not.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Does it contain the tears of salty liberals?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I will buy and try it, every time I come up to a white cotton or linen I chicken out to clean it and use a fumy dry cleaning shit that does not do a great job at all.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
New product that will help you clean those specialty fabrics such as Cotton or Linen, plus you can use this on rugs and laundry. Check it out here:

I would like to get that chemical scoop but it's not available, when will it be able?

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
this could be a good coffee and tea remover?

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
this could be a good coffee and tea remover?
My estimation is you our beloved Odin have been in the industry for a long time. After all you are able to retreat to the ski country and then return to clean carpet after you have had your fill of pleasure.
I say all that to say this : are you still looking for a coffee and tea remover after all this time?