Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
My mother, who is 93, was diagnosed with cancer that has metastasized to her vital organs. Her biggest concern when she learned it yesterday my sister said was “what will the kids do without her”. She raised 9 of us hard heads and we were extremely poor. She has had a hard life but I have taken care of her for the last 30 years since my father passed. I built onto the side of my home so she has her own place and had her independence.

She never traveled, washed clothes and hung them out, cooked for all of us and didn’t own a dishwasher ever. Yet I never heard her complain. She is one of the most kind, caring and giving persons I have ever known. Just thought I’d say it here because y’all have been like family and I might not be as available for awhile. Truly one saddest days of my life.

Brett Clifford

Oct 23, 2012
Real Name
Brett Clifford
Rob, so sorry to hear about your mom. It sounds like you will have great memories and you know in your heart you made a beautiful contribution to her life by taking care of her for the last 30 years. Well done!

Old fat and slow

Jun 16, 2020
Real Name
Mike Peterson
Mom's are very special people . I hate seeing people in pain. Love is forever but sometimes it hurts. I already sent your mom and your family my prayers . Mike.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
You should be happy you could help her and for the time you had to enjoy.
Could of been worse.

Reactions: rob allen

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
So sorry to hear this Rob. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. The pictures you have posted of your mother look like she's in great shape. Miracles do happen and we will pray that she can overcome this.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I am so sorry to hear the news Rob,

My heart aches for your family's pain.

Dont stop loving her, spend with her as much time as possible, comfort her and make sure she knows it.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
My mother, who is 93, was diagnosed with cancer that has metastasized to her vital organs. Her biggest concern when she learned it yesterday my sister said was “what will the kids do without her”. She raised 9 of us hard heads and we were extremely poor. She has had a hard life but I have taken care of her for the last 30 years since my father passed. I built onto the side of my home so she has her own place and had her independence.

She never traveled, washed clothes and hung them out, cooked for all of us and didn’t own a dishwasher ever. Yet I never heard her complain. She is one of the most kind, caring and giving persons I have ever known. Just thought I’d say it here because y’all have been like family and I might not be as available for awhile. Truly one saddest days of my life.
Been there. Lost my father the day after our wedding. He lived to see all his sons get married. He had a 6 1/2 year battle with prostate cancer. He made himself a guinea pig for an experimental treatment. He said he wanted to do it so that they might be able to develop better treatments so that by the time the three of us got to be his age there might be a cure or, at the very least, better treatments. The treatment they use now is a direct result of the experimental treatment he received.

We will be praying for you and your family during this time.

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
@rob allen we have kept your mother and family in our prayers. I saw that some guy wrote you a nasty message regarding this. I have never been in such disgust. Don't let people like that get to you. I pray things will get better!

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
So very sorry to hear this news, Rob.

As unfortunate as it is, the reality of it all is that None of us are going to make it out of here alive, however, all of us will have those terrific memories of the past which we will always cherish.

Make these final days one of joy, appreciation, and deep love for your mother and family. Because, as you are experiencing, "all this stuff around us", means very little but our family and close friends are where its at.

Very best to you during these trying days.

Ed Valentine
cross-american corp

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Thank you all for the kind words. For the most part 99.9% have been encouraging and understanding but sadly there is always one like this...

51e8be2c1d3b2f7b47cb1a307e66d0dd.jpg